CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The Cunts Corner Music Exchange.

Guest Gong Farmer

I've always been heavily into the 60's garage genre. I collect original vinyl, 243 7'' singles and 42 albums and compilations last count, one of my more healthier vices. Love the genre with a passion.  

Without sounding all wanky and nostalgic I don't think there's been an era to beat the sixties. I wasn't even born, just, but there was so much great stuff and the more obscure the better.

Guest Gong Farmer

Without sounding all wanky and nostalgic I don't think there's been an era to beat the sixties. I wasn't even born, just, but there was so much great stuff and the more obscure the better.

Not in the the least bit wanky, I know what you mean. Most people when they talk about 60's music roll off all the conventional stuff without really being aware that there's so much more to it. The stuff I listen to was the American reaction to the 'British Invasion' which was by and large produced for the mass market/charts etc, the reaction was basically school kids jamming in the garage then going on to record a record at a local recording booth. Most of them were around 15 or 16 years old but still managed to pump out some of the best music ever made. Some of them made it big, some of them had to go off to war and on their return the music sort of grew up under the influence of LSD and political protest. It really does have  a fascinating history. 

An example of a group of school kids fucking about with musical instruments. This was recorded in an empty diner somewhere in Texas but has become a 60's garage anthem. It's rough but that's it's charm.

Guest Wizardsleeve

The mark of a great piece of music is it literally recalls every memory and stimuli from the first time it was experienced. This is one such piece. I vaguely remember Tucco putting a noose around his next when told to do by "Blondie," aka Clint Eastwood. Oddly, I can't help but think of Frank when I see Tucco. 

The mark of a great piece of music is it literally recalls every memory and stimuli from the first time it was experienced. This is one such piece.

And here's another from the same film. Get your lips around Morricone's cock for "Death of a Soldier", the perfect counterpoint to Leone's minimalist direction.