CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

GPs to be paid £55 every time they diagnose a case of dementia.

Guest ducunti

Guest nobgobbler

Fucking hell, they can't diagnose jack shit. And GPs aren't psychiatrists so how are they gonna manage that? On the other hand plenty of folk would willingly pay £55 for the diagnosis to be imposed on their spouse, as comes with it power of attorney over their financial affairs!

Fucking hell, they can't diagnose jack shit. And GPs aren't psychiatrists so how are they gonna manage that? On the other hand plenty of folk would willingly pay £55 for the diagnosis to be imposed on their spouse, as comes with it power of attorney over their financial affairs!

They aren't going to... They will get £55 for every referral they make to a psychiatrist.

Guest nobgobbler

Why? Don't they already get paid to do their job? Or is this additional work? All it will achieve is yet another burden on the NHS. Sounds like an indirect pay increase for GPs and could be open to abuse by some. GPs work long enough hours as it is, no wonder they're making serious mistakes. Some are under so much strain they can't face the day without a bottle of Jack Daniels. What they need is a shorter working week. Wouldn't the sum of all those £55s pay for a few extra GPs in the system?

This is all part of the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QoF). Dementia is not the only disease/ailment that GPs get paid for. COPD, Diabetes,  Depression to name but a few are all apart of this. Its an excellent idea as GP surgeries have to make targets. For example; if there are 300 patients who have Diabetes, then GPs have to get them in for their reviews. This makes sure that patients aren't neglected and keeps them falling ill and being a burden on the hospitals.

As cuntspotter rightly pointed out; any patient who may have dementia (there is a test that GPs carry out) will be reffered to psyche at hospital

Blimey... My Doctor's onto a winner simply by diagnosing himself, the demented old fool.
I only have to pop me head in for a repeat prescription of Methadone, and he's trying to tit me-up and all sorts. Still, the fifty five quid will come in handy as 'shut-up' money, I suppose. After all, he's been buggering me for free with his "stethoscope" (his name for his dick) ever since he said I had prob's wiv me tonsils.

The GP himself don't get the 55 quid. It goes back into the practice

Blimey... My Doctor's onto a winner simply by diagnosing himself, the demented old fool.
I only have to pop me head in for a repeat prescription of Methadone, and he's trying to tit me-up and all sorts. Still, the fifty five quid will come in handy as 'shut-up' money, I suppose. After all, he's been buggering me for free with his "stethoscope" (his name for his dick) ever since he said I had prob's wiv me tonsils.

My doctor suddenly shouted "Look, no hands!!" in the middle of my prostate examination. Is that normal?

Guest nobgobbler

I think I will pay my fat lazy cunt of a GP a visit. The fucker can earn his £55 the hard way

Tell him you keep shitting yourself and forgetting where you live spot, you'll definitely get referred then you can give the psych at the hospital a run for his money as well!

What the fuck is going on here, every cunt over the age of fifty will be diagnosed, along with their dogs, parrots and goldfish.

It will be a bit like visiting the dentist where you get asked to sign a blank treatment form which no doubt the dentist's receptionist very carefully completes once you leave to claim the fees from the King's Fund.