CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

i-Pod Speaker Docking Systems

Jiggerycock

Got an I-Pod classic with upwards of 10,000 files on it. Recently the docking system gave up the ghost in a fug of smoke and sparks, so off I went to Currys / PC World to get a replacement.

Here's where the fun starts.

They don't make docking speakers for I-Pod classics anymore!

You have to have a 'Lightening' connection, which is a weedy thin little spigot that penetrates the I-pod (I can think of no better way to put it) rendering the system useful vis-à-vis playing music. Talk about built in obsolescence! Well, I did at great length to spotty Herbert sales peon, to the usual gormless stare you get from these 'thumb-up-arse-brain-in-neutral sales droogs.

Said Herbert then declares I need a 'Female to Male', 32-bit to Lightening converter. Pausing only to acquaint him this is the sort of gizmo Brony might get mail ordered along with a job-lot of Swarfega, the little cunt then tries rabbiting on about 'bluetoooth' and 'wireless hi-fi'.

Now, I don't know about you, but whenever I hear the word 'bluetooth' I know it's a sure sign of a load of technical bullshit, in fact Bluetooth is the 'pace car' to the F1 peleton of weapons-grade horseshit these cock-wombles come out with to make us all feel inferior. Well he can waffle his Bluetooth right up his sweet arse-unit until it can share Senheisers with his kidneys!

Needless to say, Im still speaker-less, a week later.

post-106-0-44039300-1414441850_thumb.jpg

Guest KuntaCunty

It's all designed to keep you buying the newest fucking gadget, jiggers.  The cunts bleed you fucking dry in the most insidious ways.  Discontinuing products for a particular line, in your case the iPod Classic, is just one of them.  The only thing I can think of just now, is to try eCunt and look for "New old stock" items for the Classic. 

Guest ducunti

Sony actually made a range of docks for the ipod, they never  made one for my fucking sony walkman though.I only learnt last week due to never using one you cannot put a micro sd card in an i phone, the thieving cunts would rather sell you a new phone with a bigger memory.  

Guest KuntaCunty

Sony actually made a range of docks for the ipod, they never  made one for my fucking sony walkman though.I only learnt last week due to never using one you cannot put a micro sd card in an i phone, the thieving cunts would rather sell you a new phone with a bigger memory.  

Bastards!  Even though the iPhone won't take a micro SD, if you walk in and ask for one, they'll sell you the cunt without asking what it's for.  Then you find out you can't use it, and they won't take the fucking thing back.  Fucking cuntbreed bastards, the lot of them.

Guest ducunti

Bastards!  Even though the iPhone won't take a micro SD, if you walk in and ask for one, they'll sell you the cunt without asking what it's for.  Then you find out you can't use it, and they won't take the fucking thing back.  Fucking cuntbreed bastards, the lot of them.

I bought a Sony Experia compact, got a 128gb micro sd in it and a charged battery lasts 2 days, fuck all that i phone shite

Serves you right for buying Apple. Jobs was the modern day Edison. Steal peoples ideas and make a bucket of cash selling them.

Seriously though, just buy a 3.5 jack and plug it into an ordinary hi-fi.

Get a proper fucking amp, and a cable that goes in to the iPod earphone socket. Stop buying shite moulded plastic crap from Currys, they don't know shit from clay. Richer sounds is a good starting point.

Ah a man after my own heart!

Having been bought up with vinyl through, what for many, was the classic Linn Sindek/ Ittok / Assak combo I've high standards when it comes to making a party go with a swing.

Nowadays I've downsized to a bog-standard Ariston. Unfortunately, that bit the dust after Richer Sounds sales-mong attempted to 'fix' the belt drive, which, in a sense he did, snapping the arm and fucking up the moving coil cartridge to the point of turning Verdi into Napalm Death.

Richer Sounds? I would rather die!

Guest DingTheRioja

Don't buy Apple shite...The company that defines Inbuilt Obsolescence ...

Proper amp, proper speakers and a RCA/3.5mm jack lean... anything else is poncy fucking shite...

or...cheapest and smallest method is a decent set of pre-amped/built-in amp 2.1 PC speakers from a decent firm... RCA/3.5mm in the back and annoy the fucking neighbours..

Guest DingTheRioja

All true but when it's all out there but largely only available in digital format via downloads you end up sucking Satan's cock and doing the 'i' thing, despite your best intentions, just to get access to music.

Still don't buy apple shite...