CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Useless cunting university research

Guest DingTheRioja

Guest DingTheRioja

Liberman has been studying these so-called "filled pauses" for almost a decade, and he has made a rather curious discovery.

"As Americans get older, they use 'uh' more," he says. "And at every age, men use 'uh' more than women."

If you look at "um", exactly the opposite is true. Younger people say "um" more often than older people. And no matter the age, women say "um" more than men. Nobody, not even the linguists, were expecting this result; until they studied these hesitations, they thought it was more about the amount of time a speaker hesitates than who that speaker is.

Full story.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31158167

Do we really, er, fucking care..mmhm???

Oh yes.. "British" as opposed to American English or Scottish English??

No you cunts, it's "English" and "bastardised fuckwit colonial english"

Guest nobgobbler

Do we really, er, fucking care..mmhm???

Oh yes.. "British" as opposed to American English or Scottish English??

No you cunts, it's "English" and "bastardised fuckwit colonial english"

init tho.

Psychology, especially in the US, has been an earwig dominated racket for the last 70 years. At best pseudoscience and at worst Welsh bunkum, I'd exterminate all pedlars of this twisted filth.

• Like 1

Errrr......... Johari's window is getting all steamed up. Maslow was a errrrr.............

I have a personal bone to pick with that Maslow cunt. The number of fillings his refresher chews have fucked in my mouth runs into single figures. I'd gas his arse soon as look at him.