CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Craft beer

Guest Donner and chips

5 minutes ago, luke swarm said:

it reached that level a few days ago ....best to starve it of oxygen and hopefully it will move on, hopefully its next incarnation will add something of interest to CC but its doubtful. 

That's actually very well said Lucas, you have more sense than i remember.

Guest luke swarm
2 minutes ago, ThunderCunt said:

That's actually very well said Lucas, you have more sense than i remember.

how fucking dare you, how FUCKING dare you.....don't you ever accuse me of being sensible on this site again, I have worked long and hard to create this horrible pompous sarky cunt persona and wont have the likes of you come on here and destroy all my good work. 

Just now, luke swarm said:

how fucking dare you, how FUCKING dare you.....don't you ever accuse me of being sensible on this site again, I have worked long and hard to create this horrible pompous sarky cunt persona and wont have the likes of you come on here and destroy all my good work. 

That's even more sensible than your last comment Lucas, man up.

Guest luke swarm
Just now, ThunderCunt said:

That's even more sensible than your last comment Lucas, man up.

no worries , now please go and threaten that Donna with a hammer or some other carpenters implement  until you get bored and do the same as all of us other cunts. leave it alone.

Guest Gong Farmer
2 hours ago, Bubba C said:

It was apparently a major concern of the emergency services that when Britain allowed 24-hour drinking, things would get out of control. On the flip-side, it was hoped that extended drinking hours would introduce a café culture in this country. 

Neither happened, most bars didn't bother extending their licensed hours, those that did, only added on 30-60 minutes, maybe on a Saturday.  People still get shit-faced early doors, or people who just want a quiet drink, have one. 

Chuck into the mix that people can now buy obscenely cheap alcohol at the supermarket, and most people are anti-social cunts, and it's obvious that this country will never have a café culture. 

It's a completely different culture and attitude to drinking here, much more relaxed. Most cafes are open early to catch the breakfast trade, office workers or early starters for a coffee and bite to eat before work and people coming off of night shift that might fancy an after work beer. Later on it's mothers with their kids and babies going for coffee and lunch going to stay open for as long as they want to until the early hours of the morning, some only shut just have a clean up and regroup, there's no licensing hours for cafes and bars, they're open all day everyday for everyone.

The thing I can't get used to in British pubs is that you don't get waited on, you have crowd around the bar waiting to get served. You can do that in a cafe but they would rather you didn't hang around the bar to get served unless you're actually sitting at the bar, being served ts the table is normal in most cafes If they haven't got waiting satff then they'll serve you at the table themselves.... and don't expect a tip for doing it  either. The other thing is that we don't usually pay up front either, it's normal to settle your bill when you leave. I few years ago in a pub in England the bar maid in a pub got right fucking nasty when I walked off to my table with my order without paying. I ended up asking the cunt to calm the fuck down and had to explain that I just wasn't used to having to get my own order from the bar and also nott used to paying up front, I just wasn't thinking in UK pub mode, not that I should have had to explain myself the sour faced moose, but there you go, assumed to be a fucking criminal waiting for her back to turn before doing a runner.

I don't like UK pubs, they're for the most soulless unfriendly dumps that stink of sweat and piss flogging pissy beer and low grade wine that I wouldn't use in my car for anti-freeze. I live ten minutes from the German border where all the same rules and etiquette apply as in the Netherlands so cafe culture isn't indicative to just Holland, it's same everywhere else in Europe. 

I might mention that I nearly got refused entrance to a pub in Berkhamsted a couple of months ago because the 'doorman' didn't like the trainers I was wearing. A fucking doorman in a yuppy banker belt town pub like fucking Berkhamsted guarding the place against people wearing the 'wrong' trainers. The ironic thing about it was that once I'd got talking to him it was no longer an issue to which he decided that  I could go in to let them rip me off on a jug of Pimm's. I declined, telling him that on second thoughts I'd prefer to take my money and trainers elsewhere, leaving him standing there with a perplexed looking expression on his cunty fucking face.

Always a big frosty welcome in the UK, eh?

Guest Wizardsleeve
1 hour ago, luke swarm said:

I'm sorry Swarm, but you have a long way to go to be horrible, pompous, sarky or in any way disliked.  You're a top shelf bloke, and the corner wouldn't be the same without you.  

Guest DingTheRioja

Gone are the glory days of drinking gallons of proper ale, cool, and with a head on it (fuck off Spunkers), counting the number of drinks by the rings in the glss, days and nights spent with a bunch of mates, having a laugh, chasing the girls, scoffing a chinky/curry/pizza/kebab to soak it up... and start again at 12.00 noon on Saturday as well.

Ruined by all the fucktards pre-loading on cheap pisswater until they can hardly stagger to the taxi (whats wrong with your fucking legs?), then drinking the lastest, trendiest, most expensive lime-tinged, organic, female bonobo yeast brewed, alpine watered, techno craft laaarger in a purple swarovski encrusted recycled bleach bottle.....  Then puking all down the fucking street.

Cunts.

Guest Wizardsleeve

".... pre-loading on cheap pisswater until they can hardly stagger to the taxi (whats wrong with your fucking legs?), then drinking the lastest, trendiest, most expensive lime-tinged, organic, female bonobo yeast brewed, alpine watered, techno craft laaarger in a purple swarovski encrusted recycled bleach bottle.....  Then puking all down the fucking street. ..."

Gyps, care to weigh in on this?  

Sounds like the good old days to me.  

6 hours ago, Gong Farmer said:

It's a completely different culture and attitude to drinking here, much more relaxed. Most cafes are open early to catch the breakfast trade, office workers or early starters for a coffee and bite to eat before work and people coming off of night shift that might fancy an after work beer. Later on it's mothers with their kids and babies going for coffee and lunch going to stay open for as long as they want to until the early hours of the morning, some only shut just have a clean up and regroup, there's no licensing hours for cafes and bars, they're open all day everyday for everyone.

The thing I can't get used to in British pubs is that you don't get waited on, you have crowd around the bar waiting to get served. You can do that in a cafe but they would rather you didn't hang around the bar to get served unless you're actually sitting at the bar, being served ts the table is normal in most cafes If they haven't got waiting satff then they'll serve you at the table themselves.... and don't expect a tip for doing it  either. The other thing is that we don't usually pay up front either, it's normal to settle your bill when you leave. I few years ago in a pub in England the bar maid in a pub got right fucking nasty when I walked off to my table with my order without paying. I ended up asking the cunt to calm the fuck down and had to explain that I just wasn't used to having to get my own order from the bar and also nott used to paying up front, I just wasn't thinking in UK pub mode, not that I should have had to explain myself the sour faced moose, but there you go, assumed to be a fucking criminal waiting for her back to turn before doing a runner.

I don't like UK pubs, they're for the most soulless unfriendly dumps that stink of sweat and piss flogging pissy beer and low grade wine that I wouldn't use in my car for anti-freeze. I live ten minutes from the German border where all the same rules and etiquette apply as in the Netherlands so cafe culture isn't indicative to just Holland, it's same everywhere else in Europe. 

I might mention that I nearly got refused entrance to a pub in Berkhamsted a couple of months ago because the 'doorman' didn't like the trainers I was wearing. A fucking doorman in a yuppy banker belt town pub like fucking Berkhamsted guarding the place against people wearing the 'wrong' trainers. The ironic thing about it was that once I'd got talking to him it was no longer an issue to which he decided that  I could go in to let them rip me off on a jug of Pimm's. I declined, telling him that on second thoughts I'd prefer to take my money and trainers elsewhere, leaving him standing there with a perplexed looking expression on his cunty fucking face.

Bang on with that Gongers. The Europeans seem to have it just right when your out of the big cities.

What is it with the Dutch cutting the head off the beer? I believe it's only the Dutch that do it.

Guest Alfie Noakes
1 hour ago, Snatch said:

Bang on with that Gongers. The Europeans seem to have it just right when your out of the big cities.

What is it with the Dutch cutting the head off the beer? I believe it's only the Dutch that do it.

Had my beer decapitated the same way in Northern France. Not in Germanistan though.

8 minutes ago, Alfie Noakes said:

Had my beer decapitated the same way in Northern France. Not in Germanistan though.

It's not a German thing Alf but the French have a history of cutting heads off.

And running away.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

its the Norwich Beer Festival next week and presumably this nom. means you won't be attending, which means I definitely will with the comfort of knowing I won't meet any cunts like you. Stitch that you fucker.

Guest Donner and chips
46 minutes ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

its the Norwich Beer Festival next week and presumably this nom. means you won't be attending, which means I definitely will with the comfort of knowing I won't meet any cunts like you. Stitch that you fucker.

Lovely stuff. Is Sue Cook making an appearance this year?

Guest Tata Steely Dan

As alarming and improbable as it may seem, I find myself agreeing with another Donna nom. I suppose a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day...

Craft beer is wank. Craft beer fanatics are like train spotters. For 99% of the population trains are an tedious necessity for getting from A to B. That 1% are the autistic chaps down the end of the platform with the elasticated trousers and grubby notebook, scribbling meaningless garbage. On an unrelated note the HST hasn't sounded as nice since they swapped out the Paxman Valentas....

Anyway, for 99% of cunts beer is basically the means to an end. You drink it socially, it gets a conversation going, you might get smashed and you might even get your hole. End of. Like trainspotters, the average beer nerd totally forgets the social element of the whole process and focuses instead on the driving forces; in other words a dull, vicarious existence. 

Craft beer either tastes the same or it tastes worse. It is like mainstream beer with one element of the flavour amplified 200% and the price hiked 100%. The worst offenders are the places that only serve 2/3 pint Schooners, and when it comes it looks like they filled it with the piss of a dying diabetic man; brown, cloudy with a perceptible scum on the surface. You have to drink it in five minutes as well, otherwise it 'turns' and suddenly tastes rusting metal or a blocked sink. 

21 hours ago, Gong Farmer said:

You can have 'tabs' in a lot of pubs now. 

Guest Gong Farmer
On 20-10-2016 at 6:24 AM, Snatch said:

Cutting the head off the beer probably has something to do with getting rid of the excess froth so that the beer settles quicker, you then get your beer quicker and therefore can neck it quicker. 

Guest Gong Farmer
19 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

You can have 'tabs' in a lot of pubs now. 

There's some dodgy ones doing the rounds at the moment. Get them tested before taking the plunge.