CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Homelessness.

Guest 'eavensabove

17 hours ago, nobgobbler said:

It feels rather grubby discussing business on the homeless thread. A homeless guy froze to death in the park near me at christmas and I still feel shit about it. I used to see him when walking the dog, he always said hello and never asked for anything. Wish I'd given him a tenner.

Sounds like a proud man being in such a situation and not begging. He'd probably have given you the... cold shoulder... anyway, had you offered him help.

Guest Snatch
7 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

We do, but not from you judging by the abject drivel you've recently posted...:rolleyes:

I know threads go off topic but this has turned into a house buyers monthly  fucking forum. We get the jist that you know everything.

Guest nobgobbler
26 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Sounds like a proud man being in such a situation and not begging. He'd probably have given you the... cold shoulder... anyway, had you offered him help.

He cycled everywhere. And he must have got help from somewhere because I'd often see him sat on a bench eating what looked like shop bought sandwiches from a paper bag. He was just the old bloke who my dog always went to greet whenever we walked by. He always smiled as he ruffled the dogs fur, and even apologised once for not having any treats for him. I was aware that people had been moaning about some homeless 'cunt' sleeping under the willow trees and washing in the public toilet block. Until he died I never realised they were one and the same. No wonder I feel like a cunt.

Guest Lady Penelope
21 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

It would once take 3 years to save enough for a deposit on a mortgage... It now takes the average person 20 years. Nobody can point the blame at ALL landlords for making rent charges what they are, or the cost of housing, but wage increases fall well short of what the average person needs in order to live. If the Councils (for example) built more housing and sold it at cost, then it would go someway to help. They should not be a profit-making or profit orientated 'Company' and although I make you right about Thatcher, what was done has been done and it should no longer be the excuse... It can cost as little as £25k to build a home and even less if they were to bring back pre-fabs which many who lived in them swore by them. Modern-day mobile homes could address the National shortage of affordable places in which to live and the sooner they bring them back wide-scale, then the better in my book. 

Step back to before the 1980s and three years of belt tightening and overtime and you would have been able to buy an on the street terraced house outright. What you say here is essentially true. 1972 and a new three bedroom detached house with a decent amount of garden cost around £5,000. allowing for inflation a similar new house should now cost about £50,000 .. in reality it should cost less as house building is more mechanised using less labour, and raw material costs have risen at a lower level. Critically houses were not usually bought as a way of making large profits from rents. Also at that point in time we had the fair rents act and other acts to prevent people being casually evicted by landlords such as Fergus Wilson. Also up until the late 1970s domestic mortgages were almost always from building societies and banks were not involved in the domestic mortgage market. This in itself largely prevented the rollover multiple mortgage methods used by the like of Fergus Wilson to build up their portfolios. Yes there were private landlords ut they were on a much smaller scale and because they had to either buy with a difficult to get commercial mortgage or buy a house outright in one go they had little influence on house prices in general.

26 minutes ago, nobgobbler said:

He cycled everywhere. And he must have got help from somewhere because I'd often see him sat on a bench eating what looked like shop bought sandwiches from a paper bag. He was just the old bloke who my dog always went to greet whenever we walked by. He always smiled as he ruffled the dogs fur, and even apologised once for not having any treats for him. I was aware that people had been moaning about some homeless 'cunt' sleeping under the willow trees and washing in the public toilet block. Until he died I never realised they were one and the same. No wonder I feel like a cunt.

Aww... There there...

6360923303109784731525426975_raw.gif

I'm sure deep down he probably deserved it...

Guest DingTheRioja
6 hours ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

Well surely if the landlords profit is effected they will look to limit the losses by increasing rents to carry some of the burden of this decreasing tax relief. If the demand is still there, why wouldn't you?

Rents have decreased in real terms over the last 5 years or so, mortgages have gone up, tax releif is going bye bye and there are more rules and regs to hang us with for nothing.

Add to this no capital increase for futures and apparently landlords are still teh bad boys for wanting to earn a living.

Guest nobgobbler
21 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Aww... There there...

6360923303109784731525426975_raw.gif

I'm sure deep down he probably deserved it...

... just a bit to the right .... that's better.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
49 minutes ago, nobgobbler said:

You are a cunt.

oh, by the way, 34 Cromwell Street.

Guest nobgobbler
9 minutes ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

You are a cunt.

oh, by the way, 34 Cromwell Street.

You're either Fred West's neighbour or you live....  in fucking Scotland.

3 hours ago, Snatch said:

I know threads go off topic but this has turned into a house buyers monthly  fucking forum. We get the jist that you know everything.

What you've got to appreciate about the supply-side economics is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

On a semi-related note, have you ever noticed how many landlords there are on Cunts (sic) Corner?

Guest Lady Penelope
14 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

What you've got to appreciate about the supply-side economics is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

On a semi-related note, have you ever noticed how many landlords there are on Cunts (sic) Corner?

c019-general-stores.jpg

They "own" properties auch as these.

Guest Lady Penelope
23 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Punkerley's new detached "house" is almost ready .. he is just waiting for the painters to do their work

large.c011-hut-caol-office-and-water-cra

Guest 'eavensabove
50 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Can you even begin to imagine, being one of their Tenants? More the point, being evicted by the likes of the Muppets. 

You're better off on the streets where you are Baws. Trust me. 

Guest 'eavensabove

... A priest see this homeless couple on the side of a Road, eating grass. "Oh Dear Lord" he said to them, "Come and eat over at the Church" The couple replied that they also had nine kids to feed too...

"No prob's" said the Priest, the Verger aint mowed the graveyard yet. 

Guest nobgobbler
1 hour ago, The Lady Penelope said:

c019-general-stores.jpg

They "own" properties auch as these.

I build my own houses and make them as realistic as possible. Unfortunately Polish and Somali dolls in 1:12 scale are impossible to source.

Guest Alfie Noakes

Punkerley's new detached "house" is almost ready .. he is just waiting for the painters to do their work

Do you have everything in the PECO catalogue? Or is that Hornby?

Fleischmann are for fat German kids

Guest Lady Penelope

There was an old codger who took up residence in one of these old huts alongside a bit of abandoned railway a few miles from Crewe. He had lived there since just after the end of the second world war. It was said to be all spick and span inside, He was always clean and tidy and he made a  living doing odd jobs around he district. He lived in the hut until he snuffed died in the early 1980s.

Guest Lady Penelope
5 minutes ago, Alfie Noakes said:

Do you have everything in the PECO catalogue? Or is that Hornby?

Fleischmann are for fat German kids

Dapol

Guest Snatch
3 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

Then their in the right place. 

Guest 'eavensabove

There was an old codger who took up residence in one of these old huts alongside a bit of abandoned railway a few miles from Crewe. He had lived there since just after the end of the second world war. It was said to be all spick and span inside, He was always clean and tidy and he made a  living doing odd jobs around he district. He lived in the hut until he snuffed died in the early 1980s.

WRONG!  I am still in residence and knocking out Moonshine.