CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Guest 'eavensabove
6 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

OTOH she could have simply reaffirming the message that in secular Britain, all citizens should be allowed to practice whatever belief systems they choose to be in.

But should they be allowed to?  Is it wrong to paint all Muslips with the same brush for example, when the terrorists who practice the very same religion, behave in totally unacceptable ways.  Any so-called 'belief' is only as good as its worse man. 

50 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

The above is stating the obvious. 'Brexit' shouldn't have any political party sorting it out. Those that voted Out were not voting Tory or any other party, and to allow the incompetent arse-holes at Westminster to 'negotiate' will only make as much mess of Brexit as any other of the so-called decisions that they decide to make.  

Brexit is a highly complex task and only the elected government can pass through the necessary legislation. A coalition simply won't work as the leader of the opposition (by nature, a Brexiteer) is in a small minority with the PLP with regards to the EU divorce.

20 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Yeah, just as well he was accompanied by an entourage numbering just short of a thousand including an army of press aides overheating computer printers spewing out endless "clarifications"..."what the President really meant...."

Not the best start for a vital future trading partner

Panzerknacker 

Guest 'eavensabove
Just now, Mrs Roops said:

Brexit is a highly complex task and only the elected government can pass through the necessary legislation. A coalition simply won't work as the leader of the opposition (by nature, Brexiteer) is in a small minority with the PLP with regards to the EU divorce.

Fair enough, but as Brexit will affect all people no matter what their political preference is, then surely a coalition of some sorts or even a totally independent 'jury' (if you like) put forward a proposal. I don't know the ins and outs of this White Paper release,  but I'd wager that its mostly biased towards a Tory's point of view.  Much the same if Labour were currently in 'charge.'   

Guest 'eavensabove
3 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Really? Does that include atheism or even agnosticism? Don't you think tolerance and respect for others is best?

I respect those that respect us, and unfortunately 'most' Mushies do not.  Of course I'd like to live in a happy world, but tolerance of those who want the complete opposite? Get out of here. 

2 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

Fair enough, but as Brexit will affect all people no matter what their political preference is, then surely a coalition of some sorts or even a totally independent 'jury' (if you like) put forward a proposal. I don't know the ins and outs of this White Paper release,  but I'd wager that its mostly biased towards a Tory's point of view.  Much the same if Labour were currently in 'charge.'   

Who selects the jury? What's the test for impartiality? As for the White Paper, its now becoming clearer that its biased to neither Tory or Labour. The bias is whether its towards Brexit or Remain. Now that it is out, I can see why the "hard" Brexiteers are so vexed and are resigning. I have no wish to bore the puntership but there is a major issue over the concept of "equivalence" (which is the foundation of the "financial passports" that one keeps hearing about). I can understand why J Rees-Mogg is opening a office in Eire. This can get very messy for Merkel (whose own position is just as precarious as Mrs May) as German fund managers are now screaming that the City must retain the financial passports for the sake of all European financial markets. Hold on to your seats!

Guest Piston
20 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Brexit is a highly complex task and only the elected government can pass through the necessary legislation. A coalition simply won't work as the leader of the opposition (by nature, a Brexiteer) is in a small minority with the PLP with regards to the EU divorce.

I fear that our current government could not pass water, never mind motions (alright motions should be tabled...  ugh) and much less legislation, without an ensuing shit storm.

Lord help us.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Who selects the jury? What's the test for impartiality? As for the White Paper, its now becoming clearer that its biased to neither Tory or Labour. The bias is whether its towards Brexit or Remain. Now that it is out, I can see why the "hard" Brexiteers are so vexed and are resigning. I have no wish to bore the puntership but there is a major issue over the concept of "equivalence" (which is the foundation of the "financial passports" that one keeps hearing about). I can understand why J Rees-Mogg is opening a office in Eire. This can get very messy for Merkel (whose own position is just as precarious as Mrs May) as German fund managers are now screaming that the City must retain the financial passports for the sake of all European financial markets. Hold on to your seats!

Where'd ya hear the bit about German fund managers screaming for London to stay in the money passport thing. ..

Panzerknacker 

Guest 'eavensabove
10 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, we could perhaps select a board made-up from elected MPs from all parties who are representatives of a variety of Counties and their constituents.  I personally think that the younger generation should have been allowed to vote, as it is they and not us that will ultimately affected from either staying in or coming out. It certainly had this same affect on those who have had to live though, us joining...  We're probably in a no-win no-lose situation, unlike (in the main) when we joined, but joined quickly we did.  Brexiteers, want us out, and the majority don't give a hoot about the small print.  Such details can be sorted later, as again like during our time spent in.  What Brexiteers don't want (and I'm with them on this) is for us to stall and ponce about which will more likely than not result in another referendum.  Europe needs us as much as we need them, and so we'll never be completely separated in my view, but the less time we fuck about the better for all. Most folks either way are sick and tired of it all. 

9 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

Where'd ya hear the bit about German fund managers screaming for London to stay in the money passport thing. ..

Panzerknacker 

This has been bubbling for some time. It first came to prominence when the German Investment Funds Association (BVI) issued its own Green Paper saying that it really needs access to London clearing and trading facilities (ie £1.7 trillion of EU assets held by the City) They also depend on London based investment services. The Govt White Paper accepts that "equivalence" is not set in stone (strangely, this has always been an "unwritten" tacit agreement within the EU) and that the EU may withdraw passporting rights with only 30 days notice.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

This has been bubbling for some time. It first came to prominence when the German Investment Funds Association (BVI) issued its own Green Paper saying that it really needs access to London clearing and trading facilities (ie £1.7 trillion of EU assets held by the City) They also depend on London based investment services. The Govt White Paper accepts that "equivalence" is not set in stone (strangely, this has always been an "unwritten" tacit agreement within the EU) and that the EU may withdraw passporting rights with only 30 days notice.

Is that not staying in the club  if only by another name.

Panzerknacker 

2 hours ago, Panzerknacker said:

Is that not staying in the club  if only by another name.

Panzerknacker 

Yes and no. The US and Switzerland can also take advantage of passporting as they are allowed to set up base in the UK. Passporting is allowed 'cos it would have been impossible to uniformly codify financial trading between the member states so an agreement was made to allow financial business to trade within the EU without regulation as the individual sovereign states have broadly equivalent rules with regards to financial trading, hence the "equivalence" concept. This is where Trump has come in with his clumsy intervention yesterday - Wall St has made it clear that US banks would be harmed if Eurocrats have their way by insisting that Britain trades under EEA rules. This clearly puts paid to the lie that the EU has no wish to "punish" the UK for having the temerity of leaving the UK. Ending passporting arrangements harms everyone, not just the UK.

17 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Yes and no. The US and Switzerland can also take advantage of passporting as they are allowed to set up base in the UK. Passporting is allowed 'cos it would have been impossible to uniformly codify financial trading between the member states so an agreement was made to allow financial business to trade within the EU without regulation as the individual sovereign states have broadly equivalent rules with regards to financial trading, hence the "equivalence" concept. This is where Trump has come in with his clumsy intervention yesterday - Wall St has made it clear that US banks would be harmed if Eurocrats have their way by insisting that Britain trades under EEA rules. This clearly puts paid to the lie that the EU has no wish to "punish" the UK for having the temerity of leaving the UK. Ending passporting arrangements harms everyone, not just the UK.

Hasn't Europe said repeatedly that there will be no cherry pickin of what ya want n what ya don't want though..

Panzerknacker 

23 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

Hasn't Europe said repeatedly that there will be no cherry pickin of what ya want n what ya don't want though..

Panzerknacker 

Well, Europe was happy to cherry pick the USA and Switzerland into the EU financial trading club for some reason :rolleyes:.Iceland & Norway were booted into the EEA. I'd say that £39 billion grants the UK the right to cherry pick. FWIW the UK should have started the post Article 50 negotiations with a declaration of "Right, no money on the table, we are leaving the Single Market and the Customs Union. Which areas of trade have you identified where we have a mutually beneficial interest?" Unfortunately the Tories screwed up the intervening general election which gave ammunition to Remainers and well-funded third party interlopers.

39 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, Europe was happy to cherry pick the USA and Switzerland into the EU financial trading club for some reason :rolleyes:.Iceland & Norway were booted into the EEA. I'd say that £39 billion grants the UK the right to cherry pick. FWIW the UK should have started the post Article 50 negotiations with a declaration of "Right, no money on the table, we are leaving the Single Market and the Customs Union. Which areas of trade have you identified where we have a mutually beneficial interest?" Unfortunately the Tories screwed up the intervening general election which gave ammunition to Remainers and well-funded third party interlopers.

This is daily mail comments section stuff roops baby. .I'm just a pleb and I could see this was a non runner no matter what way ya sliced the pie. .y'all need them more than they need ye 

Panzerknacker 

6 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

OTOH she could have simply reaffirming the message that in secular Britain, all citizens should be allowed to practice whatever belief systems they choose to be in.

...and that British Law, has primacy over any other law / custom / shibboleth attributable to any religious group

Guest 'eavensabove
11 minutes ago, Jiggerycock said:

...and that British Law, has primacy over any other law / custom / shibboleth attributable to any religious group

Fair point, though of course even British Law is often sworn under oath to some nobody Alien in the sky. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

'Anus horriblus'. Is this what your Latin boyfriend says each time you get on all-fours in front of him, Judge?

Jewdy is entirely kosher when it cums to affairs of the arse Lupo.

His cock's a cut above the rest too

2 hours ago, Panzerknacker said:

Panzerknacker 

Except when it comes to actual cherries Tank Bollock.

All sorts of foreign dogs help out at harvest time, and will continue to do so long after the Brexit dust has settled

Ratcum