CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Eco Warriors

Decimus

11 hours ago, Lady Penelope said:

Yes it is odd that the deniers usually seem to have children.

Pen, that's something I've noticed time and again. If we're at a dinner party or something and the topic crops up, it's always the people without kids who are saying it's so obvious, but the parents invariably say it simply isn't happening. It's the equivalent of sticking your hands over your ears and shouting "lalala, can't hear you." There was a piece on R4 that mentioned it, some psychologist was saying that parents simply can't accept the clear fact that they're probably condemning their descendants to an early extinction and their children and grandchildren to a pretty horrible life, so they just say it's all bollocks and they're off the hook psychologically. Still, at least they'll get a good nights sleep. 

Guest Lady Penelope
1 minute ago, scotty said:

Pen, that's something I've noticed time and again. If we're at a dinner party or something and the topic crops up, it's always the people without kids who are saying it's so obvious, but the parents invariably say it simply isn't happening. It's the equivalent of sticking your hands over your ears and shouting "lalala, can't hear you." There was a piece on R4 that mentioned it, some psychologist was saying that parents simply can't accept the clear fact that they're probably condemning their descendants to an early extinction and their children and grandchildren to a pretty horrible life, so they just say it's all bollocks and they're off the hook psychologically. 

Most of them can't see beyond the next daily mail headline

18 hours ago, Snatch said:

he says alot of truth in that clip but if you want to believe it is the fault of humans then you go ahead and carry on your blinkered way.

It has not been proven and they cannot prove it.

16 hours ago, DingTheRioja said:

....As for climate change, they have still to prove it is "our" fault, there is circumstantial evidence that it is mans fault, but it is not proven.  They have not, and cannot, prove or disprove the natural heating up and cooling down of the planet is not the main contributor.

The central plank of the denier's argument is that climate change is a natural phenomena and not man-made. The problem with that is that it does not explain the unprecedented increase in recent global temperature change. Thanks to the comparatively recent science of palaeoclimatology a disturbing set of data can be extrapolated from proxy indicators.

change-temperature-last-1-000-years_4208

Note the drastic change of CO2 levels correlating with temperature change from the onset of industrialisation.

4 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

The central plank of the denier's argument is that climate change is a natural phenomena and not man-made. The problem with that is that it does not explain the unprecedented increase in recent global temperature change. Thanks to the comparatively recent science of palaeoclimatology a disturbing set of data can be extrapolated from proxy indicators.

change-temperature-last-1-000-years_4208

Note the drastic change of CO2 levels correlating with temperature change from the onset of industrialisation.

Thats all well and good but explain the climate change that has happened since the Earth came in to being.

CO2 is a vital gas for the Earth so dangerous it is not. Going by that chart temperature and CO2 come hand in hand and it will continue to go up and down no matter what us humans do. We won't be around in another 1000 years to see if it is still rising or if it has fallen.

3 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Thats all well and good but explain the climate change that has happened since the Earth came in to being.

CO2 is a vital gas for the Earth so dangerous it is not. Going by that chart temperature and CO2 come hand in hand and it will continue to go up and down no matter what us humans do. We won't be around in another 1000 years to see if it is still rising or if it has fallen.

Did you really write that? Atmospheric CO2 is essential in that this is converted to oxygen (amongst other stuff) by photosynthesis. However, when the planetary system is unable to cope with increased man-made CO2 and reduced tropical rainforests (trying to keep this simple) then earth has a major problem.

1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

Did you really write that? Atmospheric CO2 is essential in that this is converted to oxygen (amongst other stuff) by photosynthesis. However, when the planetary system is unable to cope with increased man-made CO2 and reduced tropical rainforests (trying to keep this simple) then earth has a major problem.

You still can't explain the climate changes over the past few million years though can you.

As I've said before,you carry on believing what the eco cunts say and I'll carry on calling them idiots.

Do you drive a car to help the green house gasses along?

Yes, changing tangent when you can't refute a point is noted.

Climate change has been happening since the world began, but never at the rate that is happening now. You obviously are aware of something that the rest of the scientific community (the alleged "eco cunts") isn't party to, so tell us all you know.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Yes, changing tangent when you can't refute a point is noted.

Climate change has been happening since the world began, but never at the rate that is happening now. You obviously are aware of something that the rest of the scientific community (the alleged "eco cunts") isn't party to, so tell us all you know.

The eco cunts that this nom is about are not of the scientific community. I don't believe i this man made bullshit that you obviously do and I don't have the time to find shit on google that you also obviously do.

Now,to end this as you'd like and shut you up,your right as always,as I can't arsed.

Rick,fuck off.

Guest Bill Stickers
19 minutes ago, Snatch said:

The eco cunts that this nom is about are not of the scientific community. I don't believe i this man made bullshit that you obviously do and I don't have the time to find shit on google that you also obviously do.

Now,to end this as you'd like and shut you up,your right as always,as I can't arsed.

Rick,fuck off.

1-0 to Roops. You've lost this one... Badly. 

8 minutes ago, Bill Stickers said:

1-0 to Roops. You've lost this one... Badly. 

"Ooh Roops,1-0 to you. Ooh Roops,notice me. I'm here Roops,me,me,me".

You snivelling little shit Stickers, One day you'll realise,like the rest of us,what a total arse kisser you really are.

As for losing,that sums up your life.

Guest Bill Stickers
20 minutes ago, Snatch said:

You snivelling little shit Stickers, One day you'll realise,like the rest of us,what a total arse kisser you really are.

@Mrs Roops just wanted you to know I'm loving your work at the minute, keep it up! 

22 minutes ago, Snatch said:

You had her on the ropes for a moment there, snatch. Good effort.

3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Climate change has been happening since the world began, but never at the rate that is happening now. 

As you very well know, Archbishop Ussher proved conclusively that the universe was only created in 4004 BC, and so - like dinosaur fossils - all your supposed "evidence" is nothing more than God testing your faith. I'm surprised you let yourself fall into Snatch's trap.

Hockey sticks are cunts.

38 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

As you very well know, Archbishop Ussher proved conclusively that the universe was only created in 4004 BC, and so - like dinosaur fossils - all your supposed "evidence" is nothing more than God testing your faith. I'm surprised you let yourself fall into Snatch's trap.

Hockey sticks are cunts.

...and poxy-proxy hockey sticks are statistically cuntastic, especially when chasing the next research grant.

PS 'Snatch's trap': what an image!

Edited by Piston
The Snatch Trap

When energy from the sun heats the earth that energy is radiated back out to the atmosphere and eventually back into space. Gases like carbon dioxide absorb heat, Infrared radiation, and so heat which should be dissipated out into space becomes "trapped" in the atmosphere - the greenhouse effect. The Earth becomes warmer.

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
1 hour ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

Bill Stickers will be prosecuted - for gaying it up in the public bogs.

The first person to use the pseudonym b stickers was a woman, I think. He's half way there. Good, but it's not right.