CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Americunts' love of Imperial measurements.

Guest Tata Steely Dan

Guest Tata Steely Dan

"Hmmmm, I dunno Chuck. I thought this was going to require a 11/16'' wrench but it feels more like 5/8'' to me."

Fucking Americans and their silly insistence on measuring everything in inches. Inches are great if you only have to deal with horses, lumps of coal, planks of wood and lengths of string, but in the 21st Century, and most of the 20th as well, it is a deeply impractical unit of measure. Anything that involves you endlessly working through fractions like that is a bunch of bollocks. They should go Metric like the rest of the civilised world. 

23 minutes ago, Tata Steely Dan said:

They should go Metric like the rest of the civilised world. 

Fuck off. I like Imperial stuff better because it isn't that froggy SI shit.  We built an empire on feet,, pounds and pints. They have used the metric system and have never won fucking anything. Although it might be because they invented faggotry.

Guest Tata Steely Dan
22 minutes ago, Manky said:

Fuck off. I like Imperial stuff better because it isn't that froggy SI shit.  We built an empire on feet,, pounds and pints. 

How's that empire working out now, you sad old cunt? 

4 minutes ago, Tata Steely Dan said:

How's that empire working out now, you sad old cunt? 

We gave it away because we didn't like Johnny Foreigners getting in the way all the time.

Technically, who are the most advanced nation on earth?  Do they use the SI system? There is the proof that the metric system makes you thick.

31 minutes ago, Manky said:

Fuck off. I like Imperial stuff better because it isn't that froggy SI shit.  We built an empire on feet,, pounds and pints. They have used the metric system and have never won fucking anything. Although it might be because they invented faggotry.

Back in the day a martini Henry that weighed elevendeen pound would fire a 456 ball that went through two hottentots at 500 rods..nall 

Panzerknacker

Guest Tata Steely Dan
2 minutes ago, Manky said:

Technically, who are the most advanced nation on earth?

No idea, because 'advanced' is a subjective notion at the best of times and some random Northern cunt isn't going to be an authority on the matter either way.

2 minutes ago, Tata Steely Dan said:

No idea, because 'advanced' is a subjective notion at the best of times and some random Northern cunt isn't going to be an authority on the matter either way.

Let us look at some facts.

America. Microsoft. Space Shuttle. F35. iPhone.

France. Croissants. Split geese. Burned Joan.

7 minutes ago, Manky said:

I'm with Manky on this one. Obviously the inch was far too big and scary for the Frenchies to deal with, so they made up millimetres and centimetres to save face. Also so that they could use bigger numbers in the hopes of sounding smart.

Guest Tata Steely Dan
49 minutes ago, Manky said:

Microsoft. Untouchable twenty years ago. Bloated, complacent and despotic now. The Space Shuttle; impressive for its era but now relegated to museums and the occasional undiscovered shard of debris in a ditch or hedge somewhere in North America. iPhone; screwdrivered together in the third world by kids and promotes an anti-intellectual 'button click' culture whereby nobody has the curiosity to actually see how anything works.

The F35 doesn't stand up as any sort of beacon of quality. Any cold-war era fighter could take it down. Late, over budget, over-engineered, driven by a top-heavy corporate structure bogging down the development every step of the way. A bit like the fabled, and vastly overrated, TSR-2 in that regard, only they had the decency to can that white elephant before it went into proper production. The Dassault Rafale is a terrific fastjet as is our/their Eurofighter Typhoon. 

You remind me of one of those whiners who quotes Camm's adage "All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics. TSR2 simply got the first three right." at every opportunity because they believe that 1) it is the intelligent thing to say and 2) they fall for the convenient myth that our somehow brilliant, vibrant aviation industry was killed off by a single pen stroke. Meddling civil servants, Mountbatten and sitting around for ten years with our thumbs up our collective rears waiting for the F111s to arrive. 

tsr2-scrapped.jpg 

The bleeding edge of British aircraft development.

Anyway your list there (presumably a "laundry list", you Americunt brown-noser) is also, handily, a list of things you have contributed nothing towards. Go join your squaddie pals on ARRSE and have a circlejerk about the superiority of the F35 over there.

1 hour ago, Manky said:

Few more facts . .computer. .developed in europe..space shuttle . .rocketry ..chinee invention..f35 . .Germans invented n developed the jet engine . ..mobile fone technology . .mister ericsson . .sweedish cunt......fuk de French 

Panzerknacker 

58 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

I'm with Manky on this one. Obviously the inch was far too big and scary for the Frenchies to deal with, so they made up millimetres and centimetres to save face. Also so that they could use bigger numbers in the hopes of sounding smart.

Hmm, not so sure, maybe do away with inches but I would rather hang onto feet. If we got rid of those I would have to scrap my Doc Martens and CAT boots, and they cost a fortune now that they're made in Beijing by 11 year old orphans.

Just now, Eric Cuntman said:

Hmm, not so sure, maybe do away with inches but I would rather hang onto feet. If we got rid of those I would have to scrap my Doc Martens and CAT boots, and they cost a fortune now that they're made in Beijing by 11 year old orphans.

They fucking do ..don't they..was a time ya couldn't give the fuckin things away ..now every bastard has a pair that will never see mud nor blood 

Panzerknacker 

Guest nobgobbler

And the idiots use cups as a measure as well. But what size fucking cup am I supposed to use? an eye bath cup of which I have none? a tea cup of which I have 7 since some cunt broke one last week? a 36DD cup of which I have several in multiples of two? Americunts.