CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Marc Gurney -vegan activist

camberwell gypsy

Guest Lady Penelope

I think that there was also a case in the late 1940s when a woman shot her french lover dead but was basically found not guilty because he was french and uncivilised, and afterwards the daily mirror ran an article warning women against these continental and lecherous types who had little self control

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The slave trade flourished in the early middle ages, as early as 869, especially between Muslim traders and western African kingdoms. For moralists, the most important aspect of that trade should be that Muslims were selling goods to the African kingdoms and the African kingdoms were paying with their own people.

The Roman empire did not discriminate: berween white and black slaves.

In the middle ages, all European countries outlawed slavery whereas the African kingdoms happily continued in their trade. Therefore, only black people could be slaves, and that is how the stereotype for African-American slavery was born.

The Dutch were the first, apparently, to import black slaves into North America, but black slaves had already been employed all over the world, including South and Central America. 

Even after Europeans began transporting black slaves to America, most trade was just that: "trade". In most instances, the Europeans did not need to use any force to get those slaves. The slaves were "sold" more or less legally by their (black) owners. Scholars estimate that about 12,000,000 Africans were sold by Africans to Europeans.

Strange how history is rewritten to down play the Africans integral part of selling slaves, but focuses on the Europeans buying them.

Follow the money, Eddie.  I have to say I take exception to the phrase, "In most instances the Europeans did not need to use any force to get those slaves". This conveniently ignores the force used to forcibly transport, process and put to work the slaves.

Guest Lady Penelope

A lot of the trade was in places where north african  arab merchants were actually handling and processing the slaves. The white buyers were hadly innocent but it is fashionanle to ignore the part played by the arab traders, who had a few hundred years before had also been dealing with and processing white european slaves.

29 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

I think that there was also a case in the late 1940s when a woman shot her french lover dead but was basically found not guilty because he was french and uncivilised, and afterwards the daily mirror ran an article warning women against these continental and lecherous types who had little self control

Good to hear they weren't entirely unreasonable in the old days.

1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

I wasn't aware that slavery happened by accident...

That's fine and you may have a point.....I assume there was no racial discrimination for generations after the event?

Oh there was, but it couldn't have been all that bad considering how badly they keep trying to re-impose segregation.

Guest Lady Penelope

The spread of islam followed the arab trade routes. A great way to control people and with no exit door from the religion. The catholics managed the same in South and Central America with the trade routes leading back to The Vatican or to Spain. We did it on a lesser scale in parts of Africa and Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific islands.

I wasn't aware that slavery happened by accident...

That's fine and you may have a point.....I assume there was no racial discrimination for generations after the event?

Slavery didn't happen by accident and my analogy didn't bear close examination. However our generation wasn't responsible for the injustices suffered in the past, yet are to some extent still being held accountable for the cruelty of our forefathers, racism works both ways and irrational hatred of Caucasians by other races does exist but is not acknowledged AS racism. If equality is to become a reality then past misdeeds must be forgiven on both sides and prejudice must be recognised as prejudice, regardless of who is guilty of it.

13 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Oh there was, but it couldn't have been all that bad considering how badly they keep trying to re-impose segregation.

Black people around the world fought for decades to eradicate segregation or apartheid, yet now black students on college campuses are demanding black only safe zones where whites are excluded. Where's the fucking logic being applied there?

Guest 'eavensabove
27 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

A lot of the trade was in places where north african  arab merchants were actually handling and processing the slaves. The white buyers were hadly innocent but it is fashionanle to ignore the part played by the arab traders, who had a few hundred years before had also been dealing with and processing white european slaves.

Very true. The Arab traders took many from our shores. Cornwall in particular was very badly hit. 

Guest 'eavensabove
3 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Black people around the world fought for decades to eradicate segregation or apartheid, yet now black students on college campuses are demanding black only safe zones where whites are excluded. Where's the fucking logic being applied there?

They aint logic tho, in it.

3 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Because they're sympathy mongering cunts who expect us to feel guilty because of things that happened 200 years ago. No doubt some of our ancestors were affected by the great fire of London but we don't expect our high street bakeries to still be apologising for it.

I wasn't aware that slavery happened by accident.

I don't see where he said it did. He was just commenting on events from history. Whether they happened by accident or not doesn't come into it.

38 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Hmm, maybe it was *that* bad. There were many a sign put up by prim god-fearing landladies throughout the land which announced, "Vacancies (No dogs or blacks)" This was recently as the late sixties/early seventies. Perhaps generations of racial discrimination led to black victim culture being ingrained? Unfortunately its come full-circle.

Just now, Mrs Roops said:

Hmm, mayby it was *that* bad. There were many a sign put up by prim god-fearing landladies throughout the land which announced, "Vacancies (No dogs or blacks)" This was recently as the late sixties/early seventies. Perhaps generations of racial discrimination led to black victim culture being ingrained? Unfortunately its come full-circle.

Way before I was even born. Why should I have to shoulder the guilt for what people did in a different time? And why do they still cling onto it for an excuse to incite their own racial hatred. It's not the black people who suffered through these times that are causing the uproar today, is it? It's the ones who are around the same age as myself in universities, who have probably never suffered a real racial slur in their life.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Erm...

I quote " Because they're sympathy mongering cunts who expect us to feel guilty because of things that happened 200 years ago".

Point out where he said it was an accident.

18 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Now the trouble with them is that they get uppity, its in their genes. You take yer Rorke's Drift, a few Welsh lads start a bit of close harmony singing, and Cetshwayo says ' We is 'avin none of dis, not no how', and he starts a punch up. Now if it were Frank singing, that I could understand, but the Welsh?

R.I.P Alf Garnett

20 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Hmm, maybe it was *that* bad. There were many a sign put up by prim god-fearing landladies throughout the land which announced, "Vacancies (No dogs or blacks)" This was recently as the late sixties/early seventies. Perhaps generations of racial discrimination led to black victim culture being ingrained? Unfortunately its come full-circle.

The signs put up said 'no blacks, no dogs, no Irish'. I assume you missed out the bit about the Irish because they were white and it didn't fit your argument. Historical adjustment in action.

20 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Way before I was even born. Why should I have to shoulder the guilt for what people did in a different time? And why do they still cling onto it for an excuse to incite their own racial hatred. It's not the black people who suffered through these times that are causing the uproar today, is it? It's the ones who are around the same age as myself in universities, who have probably never suffered a real racial slur in their life.

I don't feel guilt over the UK's past slavery connections and neither should you. I merely queried your assertion that racial discrimination wasn't that bad since then.

1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

Look again, though not necessarily that sentence.

You said " I wasn't aware that slavery happened by accident".

The rest of what he wrote has fuck all to with slavery.