CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Guest Alfie Noakes

Guest 'eavensabove
28 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Glassed badly. But ability wise, I'd back him, Eddie van Halen and Slash against the holy trinity of Clapton, Hendrix and Beck any day. In fact, Hendrix shouldn't even be on that list. Fucking lighter fluid gimmick merchant.

Errrm. Quite a statement...  Each would have influenced each (in the main) and probably still do? 

2 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

Never see Gary Moore live, and I 'think' that he's dead now???   Beck's done more than he gets credit for really, and most 'decent' guitarists pretty much rate him as one of the best, if not better.  I did see him at Crystal Palace Bowl, and also with Bowie at Hammersmith Apollo... He's certainly not a cunt.

Oh Fuck. I 'may' have seen him with Thin Lizzy, at Croydon Greyhound in the 70's.  

Thin lizzy made his name, but solo stuff was sublime to the point of genius. A bit of Thin Lizzy trivia: Midge Ure covered as their lead guitarist for a couple of tours. Who would have thought it. And yes, Gary Moore died of alcohol poisoning.

Errrm. Quite a statement...  Each would have influenced each (in the main) and probably still do? 

Oh come on! Hendrix didn't have half the ability of Clapton, and certainly none of the flair of Van Halen. And while we're on the subject, Steve Vai is definitely top ten material.

Guest 'eavensabove
Just now, Eric Cuntman said:

Thin lizzy made his name, but solo stuff was sublime to the point of genius. A bit of Thin Lizzy trivia: Midge Ure covered as their lead guitarist for a couple of tours. Who would have thought it. And yes, Gary Moore died of alcohol poisoning.

I seeeee. Then I did see him at Croydon Greyhound (opposite Fairfield Halls) Hell-loads of up & coming bands played there and well before the all Punk bands too. Queen were amazing when they gigged there. 'Backstage' was a cupboard door underneath the stage itself, and I guess the capacity would be less than 500. 

Guest 'eavensabove
2 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Oh come on! Hendrix didn't have half the ability of Clapton, and certainly none of the flair of Van Halen. And while we're on the subject, Steve Vai is definitely top ten material.

Well, we can say that, but Hendrix is still rated, as so too is Brian May!  but I cannot say that I personally do much. However, I don't care too much for Clapton either... It would be interesting to have seen how Hendrix would have developed? And also Reg Varney. 

Well, we can say that, but Hendrix is still rated, as so too is Brian May!  but I cannot say that I personally do much. However, I don't care too much for Clapton either... It would be interesting to have seen how Hendrix would have developed? And also Reg Varney. 

Get that bus out of 'ere Butler. You flash fucking cunt, think you're special, being the first cunt to ever use a cash machine.

Guest 'eavensabove
4 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Get that bus out of 'ere Butler. You flash fucking cunt, think you're special, being the first cunt to ever use a cash machine.

You're 'Speshal' if you can remember correctly...  The only machine I've had to use in an emergency is the Kodak Condom machine, to capture the moment.  

14 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Glassed badly. But ability wise, I'd back him, Eddie van Halen and Slash against the holy trinity of Clapton, Hendrix and Beck any day. In fact, Hendrix shouldn't even be on that list. Fucking lighter fluid gimmick merchant.

No doubting that Hendrix was original, but he certainly wasn't a great guitarist or even technically proficient. He arrived at the right time in terms of being anti-establishment; a trick not lost on Morrison, Vicious, Cobain et al.

Gibson's dog also captured the zeitgeist by getting twatted in an accident; a trick not lost on Marc Bolan

Guest 'eavensabove
4 minutes ago, ratcum said:

No doubting that Hendrix was original, but he certainly wasn't a great guitarist or even technically proficient. He arrived at the right time in terms of being anti-establishment; a trick not lost on Morrison, Vicious, Cobain et al.

Gibson's dog also captured the zeitgeist by getting twatted in an accident; a trick not lost on Marc Bolan

His last single release was:  'Tie a Purple Mini 'round the Old Oak Tree.'

Guest 'eavensabove
2 minutes ago, ratcum said:

Indeed. You could listen to it at 45 rpm but it was way more edgy at 78.

Lol

and, if I'm correct, Bing Crosby's last hit was a golf ball.

• 2 weeks later...