CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Headlines that distort the facts

Prints Harry

The BBC is as guilty as the lowest tabloid for sensational and inaccurate headlines. Jack Shepherd was rightly convicted of the manslaughter of Charlotte brown and received to me a lenient jail sentence. It is correct to say that he was grossly reckless and negligent .. However i did not set out to either kill or injure Charlotte Brown and to call him a killer is wrong. That term might be correct to apply to someone who set out to injure and maim but actually kills someone might be correct but is not in this case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48701877

Guest Salty Piss Flap
27 minutes ago, Glowworm said:

It's tge BBC they don't advertise.

Same with our PBS over here, which broadcasts a lot of BBC content. But in recent years, they've had to rely more heavily on corporate sponsorship for their programming. Though they don't run "commercials" (adverts) per se, they do a brief acknowledgement of the sponsor(s) at the very start of the show.

Re: The BBC, I assume there's some other way that increased viewership = increased revenue. If they're sensationalizing headlines, there's a reason and like the sensational headlines of tabloid newspapers at the grocery check out, it's almost certainly a financial one tied to increasing the size of their audience.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

and you cunts pay for it!

And when television is introduced to where you live, you'll start paying for it as well. The traditional forms of entertainment, like, setting fire to methane pockets in the swamp, watching farmers fuck a goat in the back room of a pub, and raping tourists, will all die out.

maybe not the raping.

• Like 1

Guest Salty Piss Flap
23 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

They advertise faggotry and poofiness.

?sig=88c390c980d4fa53d37ef16fbdc53ec3dfb

Possibly the poofiest thing I've ever seen on TV.

Made Mr Humphries seem like Chuck Norris by comparison.

tumblr_o7rascYomD1uj074do1_400.jpg

1 hour ago, Eric Cuntman said:

They advertise faggotry and poofiness.

Do they still do a black and white television license?

Because they ought to offer a fucking 50% discount if they are, it's been a while since I've seen anyone white on there.

Eni Aluko is a cunt.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Because they ought to offer a fucking 50% discount if they are, it's been a while since I've seen anyone white on there.

Eni Aluko is a cunt.

It's a massive PR job/ guilt alleviation exercise. An organisation that aggressively and vehemently sheltered and condoned some of the most disgusting, sub-human criminal perverts the world has spawned.

Now they think that everyone will forget all about the decades of enabling paedophiles, if they pat some Africans on the head and deify faggots. 

• Like 1

Guest Earl Albert of Ross (Bt)
3 hours ago, Decimus said:

No, they don't, but they still do a black and white television licence.

9 hours ago, Glowworm said:

The BBC is as guilty as the lowest tabloid for sensational and inaccurate headlines. Jack Shepherd was rightly convicted of the manslaughter of Charlotte brown and received to me a lenient jail sentence. It is correct to say that he was grossly reckless and negligent .. However i did not set out to either kill or injure Charlotte Brown and to call him a killer is wrong. That term might be correct to apply to someone who set out to injure and maim but actually kills someone might be correct but is not in this case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48701877

One of today's tabloid headlines said something along the lines of "patients are charged £18,000 for a hip replacement", needless to say I didn't read any more.

1 minute ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Do they still do The Black and White minstrel show? 

Only if you have a B&W telly.

1 minute ago, Decimus said:

When you've spent four days endlessly arguing with an American, you're bound to pick up bad habits.

I've never dropped them.

Guest Salty Piss Flap
4 minutes ago, Decimus said:

When you've spent four days endlessly arguing with an American, you're bound to pick up bad habits.

Bad habits are always the most fun habits to have.

When have you ever heard of anyone enjoying a "good habit"?

11 minutes ago, Salty Piss Flap said:

Bad habits are always the most fun habits to have.

When have you ever heard of anyone enjoying a "good habit"?

I don't know about the differences in our standardised respective spellings of the English language, but I recently found out something that surprised me.

I'd always assumed that the accents of Americans had diverged from our own due to the influx of millions of immigrants from Europe. Apparently though, the American accent (I'm not sure which one, I didn't dig that far) is actually more akin to the British accent of the 18th century than our own currently is. It's all to do with an emergent middle-class in Britain trying to distinguish themselves from the rabble by adopting a non-rhotic pronunciation throughout the latter part of the 18th century.

If this theory is to be believed, Cornwallis and Clinton weren't solely communicating with a "By jingo!" here, or an "I say, old boy" there, as depicted in most historical fiction. In all likelihood, they were chewing the fat in a way that was indistinguishable from the ramblings of Top Cat and Yogi bear.

Guest Salty Piss Flap

I don't know, as there are as many "American accents" as there are regions and even specific states and cities.

A NYC accent (which has multiple sub-accents itself) differs from a Boston accent, which differs from a Chicago accent, which differs from a New Orleans accent, etc. Same with southern "redneck" accents. Georgia differs from Tennessee, which differs from Alabama, which differs from Mississippi and on and on. The Midwest has their own accents as well. Only the far west (excluding Texas) has no discernable accent. If you live over here long enough, you develop an ear for them and can pick out where people are from by the way they speak.