CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The lineup on dragon's den

Guest Basil

On 24/02/2024 at 16:47, Eric Cuntman said:

Tandy was taken over by Radio Shack I think. It was the same thing anyway. My dad used to buy resistors, transistors, capacitors and all that shit there when he was building burglar alarms on the side in the 1980s.

Back in the early 1980s they sold what was one of the best CB 27/81 handheld cb radios.

35 minutes ago, Penny Farthing said:

Back in the early 1980s they sold what was one of the best CB 27/81 handheld cb radios.

I always wanted the ‘Harvard Handheld’ 40 channel CB that they sold. Was that what you’re talking about? Great big thing that took about 8 batteries.

35 minutes ago, Penny Farthing said:

They did have geeks then working in the shops who could give advice but that slid just before the closure and they ended up trying to sell a lot of basically shit electronics you could get cheaper elsewhere. It wasn't managed properly. 

26 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I always wanted the ‘Harvard Handheld’ 40 channel CB that they sold. Was that what you’re talking about? Great big thing that took about 8 batteries.

The one I had was branded as Realistic .. it did have several batteries and, was bigger than most handhelds and had virtually no bleed over between channels. It was a cunt to use in a car whilst driving though.

3 minutes ago, Penny Farthing said:

The one I had was branded as Realistic .. it did have several batteries and, was bigger than most handhelds and had virtually no bleed over between channels. It was a cunt to use in a car whilst driving though.

I just looked it up. The 27/81 was made by Harvard and a smaller version of the Handheld 40 channel thing. I love old electrical stuff like that. I’ve still got a Ferguson black and white portable telly with a battery box that takes 8 D-cell batteries or a mains lead. A wire loop aerial and a compartment in the back that contains a little white earpiece and a sachet of silica gel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Penny Farthing said:

The one I had was branded as Realistic ..

Ask for your money back. Everyone knows real vaginas aren’t stuck on with Velcro (and your massive cock hanging down your leg is a dead giveaway too).

• Like 1