CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Gtech.

Guest 'eavensabove

17 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

...Over and above, what's all this bollocks with VOLVO, who announced that within the next 10 years all of their new motors will be electric ones. What is the meaning of this? The world of engineering has gone mad I tell you...

What Volvo have said is that they will cease making diesel and petrol only cars from 2019 and will only manufacture all-electric and hybrid vehicles, the later having internal combustion units powering electric motors.

1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

What Volvo have said is that they will cease making diesel and petrol only cars from 2019 and will only manufacture all-electric and hybrid vehicles, the later having internal combustion units powering electric motors.

I still think it's sad. I loved my 240 estate. It was one of those cars you trusted and got attached to.

1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

While on the subject of 'electric motors', how's it going Roops, you horny little devil? xx

11 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I still think it's sad. I loved my 240 estate. It was one of those cars you trusted and got attached to.

It is sad in a way. For years all I would drive were Saab's, a superb but idiosyncratic marque that died a slow death 'cos GM really did not know what to do with it.

Just now, Mrs Roops said:

It is sad in a way. For years all I would drive were Saab's, a superb but idiosyncratic marque that died a slow death 'cos GM really did not know what to do with it.

I liked Saab, very much a sister brand to Volvo, and followed the same path of solid, common sense engineering. GM did what they always do, negate engineering passion in favour of soulless accounting. It didn't work out though, a Vectra with a Saab badge is still a Vectra. 

Guest 'eavensabove
2 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

In fairness, we cannot stand in the way of progress and it is very true that an alternative to diesel engines etc., do or will need to be found, but until they can also develop the infrastructure required for drivers to use electrical powered cars, it is a white elephant. I'm sure that most would much prefer not having to fork out for fuel at the pumps which is an obvious expense to most car owners, but?

Guest 'eavensabove
1 minute ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I liked Saab, very much a sister brand to Volvo, and followed the same path of solid, common sense engineering. GM did what they always do, negate engineering passion in favour of soulless accounting. It didn't work out though, a Vectra with a Saab badge is still a Vectra. 

Volvo, if nothing else, produced reliable & robust motors and although I couldn't guess what their turnover is, they are not fools and would have been working on and developing an alternative to diesel in order to be ahead of the field, as I'm afraid that later on down the line diesel/petrol engines will become a thing from the past. Mind you, they said that about Steam, and yet we use that to power more things today than ever before...  I just cannot imagine any other type of engine for our cars being better in terms of performance and enjoyment unless they are top-end motors outside of the average persons price range. 

Guest Lady Penelope
Just now, 'eavensabove said:

Volvo, if nothing else, produced reliable & robust motors and although I couldn't guess what their turnover is, they are not fools and would have been working on and developing an alternative to diesel in order to be ahead of the field, as I'm afraid that later on down the line diesel/petrol engines will become a thing from the past. Mind you, they said that about Steam, and yet we use that to power more things today than ever before...  I just cannot imagine any other type of engine for our cars being better in terms of performance and enjoyment unless they are top-end motors outside of the average persons price range. 

Punker's Range Rover has an entirely new kind of engine that is powered by compulsion.

Guest 'eavensabove
4 minutes ago, The Lady Penelope said:

Punker's Range Rover has an entirely new kind of engine that is powered by compulsion.

... and of course a good waxing with:

41rhN6QenPL.jpg

Guest Lady Penelope
1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

There is some argument I think about the current "Diesel" engines actually being derived from the Akroyd-Stewart oil engine and that Rudolph Diesel was actually a little upstart who design was never progressed. Gardner never used the word "diesel" and always described their enines as "oil engines"

9 minutes ago, The Lady Penelope said:

There is some argument I think about the current "Diesels" engines actually being derived from the Akroyd-Stewart oil engine and that Rudolph Diesel was actually a little upstart who design was never progressed. Gardner never used the word "diesel" and always described their enines as "oil engines"

They've been moaning about F1 cars burning oil this season to get off the line quicker. All of that billions poured into cutting edge technology and they have to revert to tactics that British Leyland had down decades ago to get any advantage.

Guest Lady Penelope
7 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

They've been moaning about F1 cars burning oil this season to get off the line quicker. All of that billions poured into cutting edge technology and they have to revert to tactics that British Leyland had down decades ago to get any advantage.

I had several BL cars, none of them burned oil .. you are thinking of the Wartburg Knight and the Trabant .. German engineering at its very best.

Guest 'eavensabove
5 minutes ago, The Lady Penelope said:

I had several BL cars, none of them burned oil .. you are thinking of the Wartburg Knight and the Trabant .. German engineering at its very best.

That will be the four sprung duck technique. 

Guest Bill Stickers
On 08/07/2017 at 11:27 AM, 'eavensabove said:

Shut up you fucking boring cunt.

Guest deebom

Anyone who says electric cars are shit obviously hasn't seen a Tesla. I don't see Tesla becoming a major player, but what that Musk cunt will do is establish the technology, show everyone how fucking incredible it is, then flog it to one of the big manufacturers.

Guest 'eavensabove
2 hours ago, deebom said:

Anyone who says electric cars are shit obviously hasn't seen a Tesla. I don't see Tesla becoming a major player, but what that Musk cunt will do is establish the technology, show everyone how fucking incredible it is, then flog it to one of the big manufacturers.

OK. I take on your point, but apart from Tesla, what else has electricity ever done for us? 

Guest Alfie Noakes
8 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

OK. I take on your point, but apart from Tesla, what else has electricity ever done for us? 

It gives us cunts corner.

Guest 'eavensabove
2 hours ago, Alfie Noakes said:

It gives us cunts corner.

You're an electrician! Save the National grid and pull the plug for fucksakes!

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:28 PM, ratcum said:

I still think my hybrid pet idea has some way to go yet. Imagine a horse powered by hay and homosexuality!

I do, regularly, maybe I should stop reading those German wank mags...;)

Guest 'eavensabove
3 minutes ago, r-soles said:

I do, regularly, maybe I should stop reading those German wank mags...;)

Titten und Pussy sind einen Besuch Wert für blinde.