CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Windows (Fucking) Update

Ape™️

Guest Lady Penelope
1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

They've recently bought GitHub, an Open Source repository for developers and users alike.  I think this is a question of wait and see, though MS do say their future is in cloud services as evidenced by giving Amazon, Apple a Google a run for their money with MS's cloud platform Azure where Interestingly, the Linux distro Umbunto is fully supported by them.

A couple of years back there were rumours that microsoft were going to bring out an open source version of windows. .. "Open Windows"  It was going to be a desktop version of windows ce with a few enhancements that would include a word processor, database and spreadsheet and internet access. The idea behind it was that it would run on older laptops especially that cannot run more recent versions of windows. The hope being that it would discourage people from installing linux  on older laptops and keep them within the "windows fold".

Guest judgetwi
On 2/19/2015 at 7:48 PM, Ape said:

I find it extraordinary just how many times my PC needs to install updates, and generally when I'm in a hurry to to use the thing. I hate Windows with a passion, but unfortunately there are still some things I have no choice but to use it for. It has just taken around 15 minutes to process over 31,000 update operations, which involved it restarting three times. I only used it last week for fucks sake! What the hell could have happened it that time that could necessitate such massive update activity?

Maybe they thought that, in the interim period, you had actually got a life. Admittedly that’s not very likely , but they wouldn’t know that would they? Fortunately you were able to spend 15 minutes updating their shit. I bet that confused the fuck out of them!

16 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

They've recently bought GitHub, an Open Source repository for developers and users alike.  I think this is a question of wait and see, though MS do say their future is in cloud services as evidenced by giving Amazon, Apple and Google a run for their money with MS's cloud platform Azure where interestingly, the Linux distro Umbunto is fully supported by them.

Wow! Absolutely fascinating. I bet time just flies by in your house. 

• Like 1

Guest judgetwi
16 hours ago, Penelope said:

A couple of years back there were rumours that microsoft were going to bring out an open source version of windows. .. "Open Windows"  It was going to be a desktop version of windows ce with a few enhancements that would include a word processor, database and spreadsheet and internet access. The idea behind it was that it would run on older laptops especially that cannot run more recent versions of windows. The hope being that it would discourage people from installing linux  on older laptops and keep them within the "windows fold".

Really! No.....you’re taking the fucking piss. Sorry, i’m not buying that shit.

6 hours ago, judgetwi said:

Maybe they thought that, in the interim period, you had actually got a life. Admittedly that’s not very likely , but they wouldn’t know that would they? Fortunately you were able to spend 15 minutes updating their shit. I bet that confused the fuck out of them!

Well, it’s clear for all to see what a rich and fulfilled life you lead, Judge. We won’t find you on a strange little niche website, posting shit like this in the early hours of the morning, in response to a nomination made well over three years ago. No, you’ve got much better things to do with your life.

• Like 4

Guest Lady Penelope
7 hours ago, judgetwi said:

Judge .. go and fuck yourself you boring cunt.

8 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Wow! Absolutely fascinating. I bet time just flies by in your house. 

Ah, dude, I see what the problem is. My post didn't provide an angle for you to neatly segue into yet another repeat of 1/ how nasty nuns assaulted you with a filing cabinet OR 2/ how your pikey brothers beheaded your dolls/beat you up/ made you wear girls clothes. (delete as applicable) Sorry, not sorry. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Ah, dude, I see what the problem is. My post didn't provide an angle for you to neatly segue into yet another repeat of 1/ how nasty nuns assaulted you with a filing cabinet OR 2/ how your pikey brothers beheaded your dolls/beat you up/ made you wear girls clothes. (delete as applicable) Sorry, not sorry. 

Brutal.

4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Wow! Your filing cabinet must be bulging with the info on us. Is J Edgar Hoover your inspiration?

Guest Bill Stickers
5 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Wow! Your filing cabinet must be bulging with the info on us. Is J Edgar Hoover your inspiration?

You’re finished here. Pack up and fuck off. 

Guest Lady Penelope
7 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I am now doing an update on Linux Mint

Guest Erroreptile404

So did the spacktard who made this nomination, finally manage to install the update on his acorn early learning computer or is he still trying 3+ years later?

16 minutes ago, EreptileDysfunction said:

So did the spacktard who made this nomination, finally manage to install the update on his acorn early learning computer or is he still trying 3+ years later?

You’re the gift that keeps on giving. Just when it seemed your idiocy had reached its apogee, you come out with this, and shift into a higher orbit.

Guest judgetwi
15 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Dude? Fuck me. That’s irony, satire, sarcasm or some shit like that, right?

You don’t ACTUALLY talk like that obviously?

Roops occasionally mentions attending conferences about all this tech shit, so I wouldn't rule that out. 

Guest Lady Penelope

How do you talk at the barcamp Judge?

Guest judgetwi
On 6/14/2018 at 7:12 AM, Penelope said:

Judge .. go and fuck yourself you boring cunt.

Fucking hell! When you get that kind of message from a doyen of the genre you sit up and take notice!

My Lady, i’m thinking of recreating the Crediton level crossing on my model railway. Any chance you could post some up to date photos, save me dragging my arse down there and having to mix with the inbred yokels and the Eurotrash hotel labour?

Cheers!