CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The FA Cup Draw

Jiggerycock

Football is for irons - yes, yes, get over yourselves you tedious zeitgeist-ignoring cunts.

However, Please do tune in to this monument to twit-marketing, dumbing down the already infantile and general fuckwitted buffoonery.

It used to be on the radio, on a Monday lunchtime, where a flattened-vowel BBC announcer (very probably in spats and a velvet smoking jacket) would merely announce the ball number and the team associated with it, thus " Number 16 - Tottenbacon Coldspurs" will play "Number 6 - Perverton". You knew where you were and the whole thing was over and done with in 3 minutes.

It's more of a moveable feast than Easter now. Sometimes a Saturday evening. Sometimes a Sunday lunchtime, sometimes before matches have even been played. 'The Eleventh Trimester after the final Penalty shootout in Capricorn' possibly, with all the bombast of a Kiss concert!

So you have minor celebrities (are there any other kind?) inarticulating pre-scripted 'jokes', with Mark 'Chappers' Chapman, telling everyone what to think when Doncaster Rovers get drawn against 'plucky little Tampax League runners up Oswaldtwhistle Rovers', followed by quick cutaways to supporters of said clubs gurning away for the camera's like Bells Palsy sufferers on crack.

Then we go back to Gary Lineker and watch him continue his lame pursuit of a career as a stand-up comedian......

36 minutes ago, neil298 said:

At least it's not rigged like the boat race cup,Oxford and Cambridge in the final every fucking year

I'll get my cox

You'll get your cox? How many do you have?

Guest Dan German
3 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

Football is for irons - yes, yes, get over yourselves you tedious zeitgeist-ignoring cunts...

I

I've got a tenner on Zeitgeist for the Champions League...

Guest DingTheRioja
On 01/02/2016 at 1:38 PM, Jiggerycock said:

Football is for irons - yes, yes, get over yourselves you tedious zeitgeist-ignoring cunts.

However, Please do tune in to this monument to twit-marketing, dumbing down the already infantile and general fuckwitted buffoonery.

It used to be on the radio, on a Monday lunchtime, where a flattened-vowel BBC announcer (very probably in spats and a velvet smoking jacket) would merely announce the ball number and the team associated with it, thus " Number 16 - Tottenbacon Coldspurs" will play "Number 6 - Perverton". You knew where you were and the whole thing was over and done with in 3 minutes.

It's more of a moveable feast than Easter now. Sometimes a Saturday evening. Sometimes a Sunday lunchtime, sometimes before matches have even been played. 'The Eleventh Trimester after the final Penalty shootout in Capricorn' possibly, with all the bombast of a Kiss concert!

So you have minor celebrities (are there any other kind?) inarticulating pre-scripted 'jokes', with Mark 'Chappers' Chapman, telling everyone what to think when Doncaster Rovers get drawn against 'plucky little Tampax League runners up Oswaldtwhistle Rovers', followed by quick cutaways to supporters of said clubs gurning away for the camera's like Bells Palsy sufferers on crack.

Then we go back to Gary Lineker and watch him continue his lame pursuit of a career as a stand-up comedian......

"Number 6 - Perverton", is that CCs' own 5-a-side team?

21 hours ago, Properkhunt said:

Bells palsy sufferers on crack? Quality stand up content of your own there me thinks.

I was thinking more about the "like"

• 4 years later...

It's not got any better

Robbie Savage - the 'go to' twat de nos jours - drawing the balls (stop sniggering)! 

Some Scottish mincer delivering a tad-too-long factoid about each team, thus lengthening an already uneccesarily lengthy process into a teeth-itchingly grating one.

.......and the ghost of Ted Croker looked on......and was sore ditressed.