CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The Roops Bench

southerncunt

Guest Bill Stickers

5 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

...and therein lies the heart of the problem, not so much as a problem per se, but it does highlight an issue that will not go away for The Corner is at an ideological crossroads and has been for some time. The original purpose of the Corner is/was to name and discuss "Cunts". We have a relatively new but very vocal small group of punters who have taken that to mean "Cunt each other". We even had murmurings that this is "tradition". Cunting each other is all very well but it is boring as all that seems to happen is the same insults are reused not just day by day but hour by hour. Don't believe me? New intake is negligible and maintaining post count (a short-term concern) is maintained by paroling those in the gulag. Lets see if we can discuss this sensibly......

To be fair, I agree that the sentiment that fresh blood would be welcome, and that topics perhaps too readily stray into abuse within 3 posts.

However, I don't think the cunting between members puts off the type of people who want to nominate and discuss cunts.

Ive told two people about this site. Both tried to register. One, Richie brains, only got approved after i spoke to admin, and the other never got through either and lost interest.

5 minutes ago, Bill Stickers said:

To be fair, I agree that the sentiment that fresh blood would be welcome, and that topics perhaps too readily stray into abuse within 3 posts.

However, I don't think the cunting between members puts off the type of people who want to nominate and discuss cunts.

Ive told two people about this site. Both tried to register. One, Richie brains, only got approved after i spoke to admin, and the other never got through either and lost interest.

At least your Big Bow Balls ID got in, good work, Quince. 

Back on topic, kind of, Roops, can you at least answer the question, why don't you ever nom anything?

4 minutes ago, Bill Stickers said:

Well, if the inter-punter cunting which now dominates the site is not off-putting, why is the new intake negligible?

26 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Oh yes, shame about the poor self control and letting his ego override common sense. But we digress, got a POV on the issue at the moment?

Same issue as Bill, bloke at our company tried to register, never got though, lost interest. Why do people need to register at all? Other sites allow people to post without a prolonged wait to be accepted.

I imagine people are banned through their ip address , no need to register an email ? If a member recommended this site to a friend, those friends want instant gratification , to post immediately. The moment passes and is then forgotten.

Ps when frank was banned and hung out in the guest forum the traffic dropped on the main board and increased in the guest forum , proving the observation of cunting each other was a draw to the site , not the opposite. 

Guest Bill Stickers
23 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, if the inter-punter cunting which now dominates the site is not off-putting, why is the new intake negligible?

I once saw a bird eat a worm then get hit by a bus.

I could draw from that episode that birds who eat worms are immediately killed by buses. Doesn't make it true.

Just now, Bill Stickers said:

I once saw a bird eat a worm then get hit by a bus.

I could draw from that episode that birds who eat worms are immediately killed by buses. Doesn't make it true.

99 % of drivers who crash are wearing seat belts, seat belts must cause drivers to crash. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Back on topic, kind of, Roops, can you at least answer the question, why don't you ever nom anything?

I have, many times. Most of them were on the old posting board, which to fair, was more conducive than the forum medium is to discussing noms. I note that that my profile shows only three noms so I'm perplexed as to where the rest of them are.:unsure:

1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

I have, many times. Most of them were on the old posting board, which to fair, was more conducive than the forum medium is to discussing noms. I note that that my profile shows only three noms so I'm perplexed as to where the rest of them are.:unsure:

I was told that most of the archived stuff never made the transfer from the old site successfully.

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Same issue as Bill, bloke at our company tried to register, never got though, lost interest. Why do people need to register at all? Other sites allow people to post without a prolonged wait to be accepted.

I imagine people are banned through their ip address , no need to register an email ? If a member recommended this site to a friend, those friends want instant gratification , to post immediately. The moment passes and is then forgotten.

Ps when frank was banned and hung out in the guest forum the traffic dropped on the main board and increased in the guest forum , proving the observation of cunting each other was a draw to the site , not the opposite. 

Sure, there was increased traffic to the guest forum but the majority of that was by existing punters, so no draw to getting new accounts in. Apropos the sign in procedure: the process is necessary, as for the delay issue, that is for others to resolve.

8 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Thanks for at least responding. But if you're talking about recent times, and all that happens is cunting each other, (a point I disagree with to a level), then crack on and nom something new.

Or, even something old. I wouldn't know if/when it'd been posted before, and if the subject matter is worth cunting, it shall happen. 

Guest MikeD
2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

...and therein lies the heart of the problem, not so much as a problem per se, but it does highlight an issue that will not go away for The Corner is at an ideological crossroads and has been for some time. The original purpose of the Corner is/was to name and discuss "Cunts". We have a relatively new but very vocal small group of punters who have taken that to mean "Cunt each other". We even had murmurings that this is "tradition". Cunting each other is all very well but it is boring as all that seems to happen is the same insults are reused not just day by day but hour by hour. Don't believe me? New intake is negligible and maintaining post count (a short-term concern) is maintained by paroling those in the gulag. Lets see if we can discuss this sensibly......

I have to confess, that is a phrase which I never thought I'd ever read.

5 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Or, even something old. I wouldn't know if/when it'd been posted before, and if the subject matter is worth cunting, it shall happen. 

Oh, believe me, there are many who will be only to happy to tell you if something has been nommed before! I have suggested beore that the archive be hidden. Having 22,000 noms without discourse seems only to benefit pedants.

Guest MikeD
25 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

I was told that most of the archived stuff never made the transfer from the old site successfully.

Did you try switching it off and then on again?

MikeD's IT Services, cheap rates!

33 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

I think that's the case, there was no direct continuation from either the old posting board or the old forum and everyone had to sign up anew, which is why I'm shown as having joined in March 2014 despite having been here much longer. Regarding nominations I suspect it doesn't help, especially for newer members, if every other nom is greeted with a load of abuse along the lines of "what a shit nom why don't you kill yourself".

• Like 1

Guest MikeD
1 hour ago, DingTheRioja said:

How about I've stated my point of view numerous times over the past couple of years? Probably once a month as a minimum, back then the Admins would stamp on the "fuck you/no fuck you" when it started to get out of hand or just turn to shit. 

An element of cunting each other is part of the fun, so long as it is funny, clever, eloquent or just well timed.  I'm quite happy to give others a Like for a well thrown stilleto, its the butter knives that are shit.

Hence my oh so hilarious name change a while back to DingHasFuckedOff... I was bored... also hence my boredom with certain fuckwits on here who can do nothing but call others shit.  I blame the admins, afterall, it is they who can control the inmates, even if only to a limited extent, for allowing wholesale bollocks like they have over the last few months which has led to this being such a load of shit half the time. 

Lord of the Flies.

They should do what they used to do and enforce the rules, for a few months there has been little or no visible policing other than kneejerk reactions, hence the pack of toothless poodles running around trying to shag each others legs.

Some stuff on here is fucking hilarious and honestly laugh out loud funny but the vast majority of the arguments are boring, deluded shit which a fucking infant wouldn't lower themselves to.

Unfortunately it looks like it's here to stay so best to do your own thing and ignore the shit when possible.

Guest MikeD
3 minutes ago, BigBowBalls said:

As a conservative estimate - I would say that was 95% of the whole Internet. This site has slightly better odds - so is surely worthwhile.

As with any site you're free to come and go as you please but let's not kid ourselves on, there are people on here who treat this site as though it's their own personal property and are the self-appointed judge and jury of who and what is acceptable and they're getting a bit fucking boring and have been for a while now.

Guest Snatch
6 hours ago, cuntspotter said:

I've been away for a couple of days with all the various tribulations and vagaries that occur in trying to get decent sign in opportunities ... And I come across this thread which under ordinary circumstances I would have pulled the plug on it because it does contravene rules by nomming a member. However, I am secure in the knowledge that there is no likelihood  anytime soon of Roops being duffed up or made a monkey of by anyone on this site. She is more than capable of mixing it up with all comers. Her contribution to this site has been immense and when it most needed it she monitored it with a gun, chair and whip....very effectively too. I have felt the lash... As others have in the past, but it was never personal. Let it go and move on. As for Rick....  always a steady ship. He became a lightening rod for the dissenters perhaps because he was always measured and reasonable and uncontentious. His judgement remains sound. Both Roops and Rick were the consummate moderators because they always "had" your back. In the drive to move the site on and modernise it may well appear that Roops and Rick were not best served but it is a measure of their fortitude and loyalty to this site that they are stil here. 

Spotto,you couldn't get your tongue further up Roops's and Rick's arse if you tried. It seem that you and Admin are the only ones of that share the same opinion. If they were so good why were they removed as mods? Not best served? Is that other words for "they were shit"? Premium cunts and now they aren't moderators the site is better off for it.

Rules are broken here day on day out but if someone calls a mod a slimey cunt there is the risk of being sent to the cooler. You seem to have lightened up a bit and PK gives as good as he gets.

Now,stop being a cunt and get cunting.

Guest Bill Stickers
2 minutes ago, BigBowBalls said:

Good idea - I see a television campaign coming up:

Eastenders

Danny Dyer: I'll deal wiv it in a moment sweethear' I'm jaast on cants cornaaar

Coronation Street

Norris Cole: These newspapers I sell are all very well, but they'll never replace cunts corner

Rita Fairclough: Aye

Any News Channel in the South of England at any time on any given day

bud bud bud bud bud bud cunts corner bud bud bud

You seem to have an unacceptably indepth knowledge of soaps. Are you ape's wife?

Guest DrCunt
11 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Perhaps we need a massive fuck off billboard in Leicester Square? It could be a picture of a bloke pointing at the massed throng below with the words "Join Cunts Corner! Name the cunts of the world! You cunts!"

Guest Bill Stickers
5 minutes ago, DrCunt said:

Perhaps we need a massive fuck off billboard in Leicester Square. it could be a picture of a bloke pointing at the mased throng below with the words, Join Cunts Corner, name the cunts of the world! You cunts!

Don't quit the day job at biffa bins mate. I'm not sure marketing is for you. 

Guest DrCunt
1 minute ago, Bill Stickers said:

Don't quit the day job at biffa bins mate. I'm not sure marketing is for you. 

It's recession proof mate, and you should see the size of the rats that I sell to your local takeaway!