CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Baby boomers and their shit music tastes.

Guest Tata Steely Dan

Guest Tata Steely Dan

Humans have walked the Earth for around 200,000 years. For the best part of that time they have made music. Astonishingly the best music ever made during that 200,000 year period happens to be the music made in the ten year period most baby boomers went to college or university. The music made in the preceding 199,960 years, and the thirty since, is all garbage. 

Right.

So, as a non baby boomer, I have to endlessly hear about how demonstrably shit bands like Emerson Lake and Palmer, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Brotherhood of Man and Slade are somehow the pinnacle of musical form. Yeah? Fuck off. Most of you are nearly dead, hurry it up and take your shit music with you.

I don't care if you saw The Sweet opening for Jethro Tull at Charlton Athletic's ground in 1974, having hitchhiked down with your brother and nearly had your ring-piece tickled by a sexually aggressive lorry driver. I don't care if you drank too much Watneys Red Barrel, or smoked too much of that piss-weak bullshit weed you had back then, and fell asleep during Manfred Mann's Earth Band's set. I don't care that the tickets cost "nine bob" (whatever the fuck that means) or that you had to buy them three weeks in advance having seen some advert in the back of the NME. I don't care that you had to burn fence posts to stay warm, got cracked about the head by the police or had to eat lentils from some hippy-samaritan organisation because the toilets overflowed during Van Der Graaf Generator's set.

It is wistful nostalgia about a time when the entire country appears to have been either grey, brown or pea-green, when the electricity only worked half the time and when the shattered remains of heavy industry and the hangover from WW2 still loomed large over a country teeming with apparently untouchable paedophiles in pretty much any position of power. The most hardened and iconoclastic of your musical acts back then still went giddy at the notion of appearing on Top of the Pops, with its tinfoil sets and (yet more) apparently untouchable paedophiles doing the presenting.

Fuck off, it was all bollocks. Die off already and allow some much needed objectivity to enter the room concerning this dark period of human history.

Music is all down to personal taste so who the fuck are you to criticise anyones taste in music. You are one arrogant fuckwit if you think your taste trumps anyone else's. These old cunts like myself and a number of others on here have sampled music from 6 decades so are going to have a more valid opinion of the changes over the years.

Did you like the shade of black of your Fiat 500 from Mr H Fords "Any colour you like as long as it black, used car emporium"  Fucking dicksplash.

I fucking hated 60's music.

Guest Tata Steely Dan
1 minute ago, Manky said:

Music is all down to personal taste so who the fuck are you to criticise anyones taste in music. You are one arrogant fuckwit if you think your taste trumps anyone else's. These old cunts like myself and a number of others on here have sampled music from 6 decades so are going to have a more valid opinion of the changes over the years.

Fuck off you patronising cunt. 

2 minutes ago, Manky said:

Did you like the shade of black of your Fiat 500 from Mr H Fords "Any colour you like as long as it black, used car emporium"  Fucking dicksplash.

you should be dead Manky. Frank knew when his number was up

8 minutes ago, Manky said:

Old cunt. 

Guest Tata Steely Dan
Just now, Manky said:

I am not patronising. That means talking to people as if they are stupid cunts.

You really are a stupid cunt.

You come from the city that gave the world Joy Division and Throbbing Gristle. Anything you say is automatically invalid. Both bands are proof that they never bothered fixing the sewerage system in Manchester after the bombings during WW2, and the lot of you were drinking highly contaminated water. Both bands comprised a bunch of merit-free, pseudo intellectual retards making dreadful noise, and you stupid Northerners hung around listening to this gobshite in your army surplus greatcoats and NHS specs thinking it was advanced music, like Kraftwerk or Can.

Idiots.

Again, fuck off you patronising cunt. 

2 minutes ago, Tata Steely Dan said:

You come from the city that gave the world Joy Division and Throbbing Gristle. Anything you say is automatically invalid. Both bands are proof that they never bothered fixing the sewerage system in Manchester after the bombings during WW2, and the lot of you were drinking highly contaminated water. Both bands comprised a bunch of merit-free, pseudo intellectual retards making dreadful noise, and you stupid Northerners hung around listening to this gobshite in your army surplus greatcoats and NHS specs thinking it was advanced music, like Kraftwerk or Can.

Idiots.

Again, fuck off you patronising cunt. 

Stone Roses and Oasis. 10cc, Alberto y los trios paranoias, Bee Gees. Hollies. etc. etc. et fucking cetera

3 minutes ago, Tata Steely Dan said:

Fuckin hell Tatly, you've got Joy Division off to a tee. Shockingly simple bollocks that somehow caught the Zeitgeist amongst poncy types. I even used to call them and their fans pseuds. Death to these dogs.

4 minutes ago, Manky said:

Stone Roses and Oasis. 10cc, Alberto y los trios paranoias, Bee Gees. Hollies. etc. etc. et fucking cetera

I have to agree with the northern monkey here. Manchester might be a deprived shit hole full of poofs and terraced slums, but its contribution to the music scene is second to none.

Guest Tata Steely Dan
1 minute ago, Manky said:

Stone Roses are a shit Byrds ripoff for fat chavs on Eccies. If they were actually good then the speedy drugs wouldn't need to be a prerequisite. Listened to by boring old chav Dads now. Their frontman looked like a monkey.

Oasis are a shit Beatles ripoff for fat chavs drinking Carling. If they were actually good then the heavy drinking wouldn't need to be a prerequisite. Listened to by boring old chav Dads with that cringy Paul Weller haircut. Their frontman looked like a monkey.

10CC. Not a real band. The studio creation of two gobshites and whoever they could rent to fill in the other places. Had a song that went "I'm a Neandertal Man" which explains their enduring popularity in Manchester to this day.

Alberto y los trios paranoias - another band (like the Buzzcocks et al) that thought singing fast punk songs with that stupid northern accent made you sound like anything other than Alan Bennett on a speed bender. A pointless, irrelevant and completely forgettable band. Only Radio 6 Music types still pretend to like them.

Bee Gees. Miserable poofters with beards and scary teeth.

The Hollies. Their one good member was poached by CSNY.  

Guest luke swarm
5 minutes ago, Tata Steely Dan said:

The Hollies. Their one good member was poached by CSNY.  

bloody hell is that true.....that's a big jump from singing soppy songs to patrolling the streets of new York....respect to the man.

Guest I know that Cunt
1 hour ago, Tata Steely Dan said:

Humans have walked the Earth for around 200,000 years. For the best part of that time they have made music. Astonishingly the best music ever made during that 200,000 year period happens to be the music made in the ten year period most baby boomers went to college or university. The music made in the preceding 199,960 years, and the thirty since, is all garbage. 

Right.

So, as a non baby boomer, I have to endlessly hear about how demonstrably shit bands like Emerson Lake and Palmer, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Brotherhood of Man and Slade are somehow the pinnacle of musical form. Yeah? Fuck off. Most of you are nearly dead, hurry it up and take your shit music with you.

I don't care if you saw The Sweet opening for Jethro Tull at Charlton Athletic's ground in 1974, having hitchhiked down with your brother and nearly had your ring-piece tickled by a sexually aggressive lorry driver. I don't care if you drank too much Watneys Red Barrel, or smoked too much of that piss-weak bullshit weed you had back then, and fell asleep during Manfred Mann's Earth Band's set. I don't care that the tickets cost "nine bob" (whatever the fuck that means) or that you had to buy them three weeks in advance having seen some advert in the back of the NME. I don't care that you had to burn fence posts to stay warm, got cracked about the head by the police or had to eat lentils from some hippy-samaritan organisation because the toilets overflowed during Van Der Graaf Generator's set.

It is wistful nostalgia about a time when the entire country appears to have been either grey, brown or pea-green, when the electricity only worked half the time and when the shattered remains of heavy industry and the hangover from WW2 still loomed large over a country teeming with apparently untouchable paedophiles in pretty much any position of power. The most hardened and iconoclastic of your musical acts back then still went giddy at the notion of appearing on Top of the Pops, with its tinfoil sets and (yet more) apparently untouchable paedophiles doing the presenting.

Fuck off, it was all bollocks. Die off already and allow some much needed objectivity to enter the room concerning this dark period of human history.

I blame Tony Blair, he let them out and proposed "care in the community" as a cheap alternative to having these fucking idiots locked up where they belong.