CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Sainsbury's.

Guest 'eavensabove

Guest DingTheRioja
34 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

Which one makes the most then Ding? I 'thought' Tesco was the larger profit earner... Still, £145m is not to be sniffed at, eh. I'd have had more sympathy for Sainsbury's today, if they declared they only made Jack Shite, and broke even...  

Well, not sure what they taught you at school but in my day £550m was more than £145m but a bit....

..and on half the turnover makes them a vastly better return.

1 minute ago, Punkape said:

Cheshire is different.

How would you know?

1 minute ago, 'eavensabove said:

I loved them weigh & pay checkouts when they first arrived. My entire trolley load would go through as carrots. Meat, booze, the fucking lot.

Yes, of course it did. It'd never occur to shop staff that someone might employ such a clever and cunning method to rob the store. Load of fucking bollocks.

Fuck off.

• Like 2

Guest 'eavensabove
27 minutes ago, Piston said:

Ah, good old fashioned individual customer service.

None of that "Unexpected baggage in the dogging area" bollocks eh?

Splendid

True story, Pist'. When they arrived, I was in ASDA and I'd just scanned the weekly shop... I was taken back, due to some cunt filming me. Anyway, they were filming a store promotion and the geezer said, "Good Morning Sir, what do you think of our new scan & pay service till?  "Well," I said, "as far as I'm concerned it's a marvellous and faultless system..." The cunt gave me a tin of quality street, little knowing that I'd two tins already gone through as loose veg. 

3 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

Well, I assume that profit, is profit to Sainsbury's, and that is after all costs?  I'm not questioning their contribution as far as employing people, nor that they don't deserve to make money, but £500 million? Is it any wonder as to why all supermarkets in general are robbing bastards whilst also dictating who can afford to eat what, when or how. If they paid half of what they say they get, back into making our food affordable to all, then where would the need be for food banks?  Plus, this is Sainsbury's moaning about their profit, like its a fucking pittance. What would THEY consider appropriate then, eh? Double? Half as much again? They are all fucking greedy, the fucking lot of 'em. 

What must TESCO be making then, if Sainsbury's are doing so terribly badly. 

Well that's an argument for nationalising the big four supermarkets, that is, if one accepts your premise that Sainsbury's et al dictate "who can eat what, when and how". Incidentally, Sainsbury's paying half their profits into making food affordable as per your suggestion would have the effect of reducing the shopping bill by just under 1%.

6 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

I'd adjusted the post... But, fair comment. I'd wager that they have to pay the supermarkets for shelf-space, as with like many other brands. 

Ah, now that is a genuine can of worms. You're referring to the practice of "slotting fees" aka "slotting allowances". Personally I think this should be made illegal as IMHO this is anti-competitive and should break anti-trust laws but strangely is not illegal in the UK.

Guest 'eavensabove
10 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Ah, now that is a genuine can of worms. You're referring to the practice of "slotting fees" aka "slotting allowances". Personally I think this should be made illegal as IMHO this is anti-competitive and should break anti-trust laws but strangely is not illegal in the UK.

Indeed... not to mention that the supermarkets are almost bankrupting many of our historical manufacturers, by dictating what they produce and to whom they supply. They'll rebrand things to suit their own requirements whilst inflating the prices of the said brands to price them out of the market. We've all seen how tins of Quality Street for example have decreased in size & weight... Low cost products, all produced by the same higher-cost manufacturers which has a detrimental affect on their business in the long term. Then we turn to the farmers etc. etc. who again suffer at the hands of supermarket buying powers and dictatorship about the product. I can recall when ASDA first appeared in my area. They had already purchased the freeholds and/or leaseholds of all local shops, purposely leaving them closed and empty in order to gain superiority... They bullied the council into providing new road networks, bus services and more land for car parks etc. It has got to the stage where they govern our ways of purchasing food. All of them are in league with each other... sure, our food has become more accessible to purchase and the range of available products is vast, but at a cost, and the quality/nutritional value of the food is also questionable, not to mention the abhorrent waste which is simply ditched for profit.  

Guest 'eavensabove
11 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well that's an argument for nationalising the big four supermarkets, that is, if one accepts your premise that Sainsbury's et al dictate "who can eat what, when and how". Incidentally, Sainsbury's paying half their profits into making food affordable as per your suggestion would have the effect of reducing the shopping bill by just under 1%.

A few years back one Christmas, Marks & Spencer, purchased almost every bottle of Moet & Chandon, by the crate-loads... It couldn't be bought at any other supermarket... How many times do we shop, only to not to find what we want solely due to the supermarkets' decision not to stock the particular item in order to sway us to purchase something else? One week, a £1 the next week £1.50 and/or reduced to 50p? Inflated prices for some products, whilst others appear to be low cost... They even read our minds, and arrange how we shop... They have basically brainwashed us and continue to do so... I mean, where else can the majority purchase their food apart from off these scoundrels? There is little room remaining for freedom of choice.   

45 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

A few years back one Christmas, Marks & Spencer, purchased almost every bottle of Moet & Chandon, by the crate-loads... It couldn't be bought at any other supermarket... How many times do we shop, only to not to find what we want solely due to the supermarkets' decision not to stock the particular item in order to sway us to purchase something else? One week, a £1 the next week £1.50 and/or reduced to 50p? Inflated prices for some products, whilst others appear to be low cost... They even read our minds, and arrange how we shop... They have basically brainwashed us and continue to do so... I mean, where else can the majority purchase their food apart from off these scoundrels? There is little room remaining for freedom of choice.   

Are you sure this wasn't Punkape with his American Express Gold card?

Guest 'eavensabove
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Are you sure this wasn't Punkape with his American Express Gold card?

I'm fairly certain that it wasn't. There was no queue outside the Gents, put it that way. 

Guest DingTheRioja
8 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

If anyone lives near a smallish Tescos (or probably any other smallish big name supermarket) that has no competition within 10 miles will find out that every christmas etc there are no large packs of OXO on the shelves, no supersized stuffing mix boxes, very few litre bottles of spirits etc, only the smaller, more £££ per X versions.  Ours has all the large stuff all year round (except for easter for similar reasons) and then all of a sudden come mid November, nothing, they;ve gone, not even a shelf ticket.  These are all still available in the larger shops (fucking miles away) and suddenly reappear mid January.

Purposeful and planned derogation of customers for profiteering.  Should be covered under monopolies or fixing rules, but no, they always get away with shit.

Lost count of the amount of times there's offers on a "whole range" of something, then you get to the checkouts and it's "oh, sorry, that flavour isn't included"... I've had the cunts everytime they pull this one, usually at full volume.

Guest 'eavensabove
29 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

mmIf anyone lives near a smallish Tescos (or probably any other smallish big name supermarket) that has no competition within 10 miles will find out that every christmas etc there are no large packs of OXO on the shelves, no supersized stuffing mix boxes, very few litre bottles of spirits etc, only the smaller, more £££ per X versions.  Ours has all the large stuff all year round (except for easter for similar reasons) and then all of a sudden come mid November, nothing, they;ve gone, not even a shelf ticket.  These are all still available in the larger shops (fucking miles away) and suddenly reappear mid January.

Purposeful and planned derogation of customers for profiteering.  Should be covered under monopolies or fixing rules, but no, they always get away with shit.

Lost count of the amount of times there's offers on a "whole range" of something, then you get to the checkouts and it's "oh, sorry, that flavour isn't included"... I've had the cunts everytime they pull this one, usually at full volume.

Yep... and the opposite applies too, whereas many supermarkets bag-up their veg in large amounts only, knowing that every cunt wants a Brussles Sprout etc. but no, try buying half a dozen of the fuckers and the closest you'll get is 4cwt of the cunting things, all out date before Christmas Eve. Like I've said, they control what we eat, how we eat and when we can eat it. I've also noticed more recently that their deli's are slicing their cooked meats that extra-bit more thicker to bump up the price. I get the cunts to slice my fucking meat to my required mm. No fucking 2inch slices of 'wafer thin' for me thanks. Keep the shit. 

Guest DingTheRioja
1 minute ago, 'eavensabove said:

Yep... and the opposite applies too, whereas many supermarkets bag-up their veg in large amounts only, knowing that every cunt wants a Brussles Sprout etc. but no, try buying half a dozen of the fuckers and the closest you'll get is 4cwt of the cunting things, all out date before Christmas Eve. Like I've said, they control what we eat, how we eat and when we can eat it. I've also noticed more recently that their deli's are slicing their cooked meats that extra-bit more thicker to bump up the price. I get the cunts to slice my fucking meat to my required mm. No fucking 2inch slices of 'wafer thin' for me thanks. Keep the shit. 

Why are hot cross buns on sale in November?  I've seen them on the shelves with dates that run out before christmas ffs...

Guest 'eavensabove
9 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

Why are hot cross buns on sale in November?  I've seen them on the shelves with dates that run out before christmas ffs...

That reminds me, when are Valentine cards hitting the shelves?  I do know that purchasers for supermarkets are buying next years Christmas shite by January the latest. The fresh turkeys too I'd warrant. 

Guest Spanky

Sainsbury's are a right bunch of cunts. I was a bit thirsty the other day so drank eight litres of their own brand cider. It must have been off because a short while later, I felt really ill and was sick everywhere. Then I passed out. I went to customer services to complain the next day and demand that they compensate me for the damage done to my carpet and one of my best shirts. They didn't even want to hear about it. Acted like it was my fault. Miserable fucking cunts.

Guest 'eavensabove
5 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Sainsbury's are a right bunch of cunts. I was a bit thirsty the other day so drank eight litres of their own brand cider. It must have been off because a short while later, I felt really ill and was sick everywhere. Then I passed out. I went to customer services to complain the next day and demand that they compensate me for the damage done to my carpet and one of my best shirts. They didn't even want to hear about it. Acted like it was my fault. Miserable fucking cunts.

They consistently sell me the wrong lottery numbers.

4 hours ago, DingTheRioja said:

If anyone lives near a smallish Tescos (or probably any other smallish big name supermarket) that has no competition within 10 miles will find out that every christmas etc there are no large packs of OXO on the shelves, no supersized stuffing mix boxes, very few litre bottles of spirits etc, only the smaller, more £££ per X versions.  Ours has all the large stuff all year round (except for easter for similar reasons) and then all of a sudden come mid November, nothing, they;ve gone, not even a shelf ticket.  These are all still available in the larger shops (fucking miles away) and suddenly reappear mid January.

Fascinating 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

Jesus Christ on a cunting bike, this is shite, racist biscuit thread it is not.

Guest 'eavensabove
13 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Jesus Christ on a cunting bike, this is shite, racist biscuit thread it is not.

Errrm. On reflection I can see what you mean. I'd lost it by the time I got to bagging-up veg in large amounts.

I always tend to lose it, every single time that I'm sat in the sink & having a shit. 

11 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

Errrm. On reflection I can see what you mean. I'd lost it by the time I got to bagging-up veg in large amounts.

I always tend to lose it, every single time that I'm sat in the sink & having a shit. 

Never mind old fruit, tomorrow's post lobotomy treatment should fix it. What is it this week, more electro shocks or Thorazine suppository? 

Guest 'eavensabove
6 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Never mind old fruit, tomorrow's post lobotomy treatment should fix it. What is it this week, more electro shocks or Thorazine suppository? 

Same old same old treatment, but exciting just the same. You see I'm on BUPA, 150mg when the big hand smacks your wife.  

Guest Alfie Noakes
2 hours ago, Wizardsleeve said:

Indeed.  In Cheshire, cottaging is a point of pride!  

He aspires to Cheshire life while he lives in a cardboard box under a bridge near his work for Omar the pimp in Kings Cross.