CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

When is a warship not a warship

PANZER MURPHY

Guest sean5302
3 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

Trump would throw y'all under a bus if it suited him..in that sense ya deserve each other 

Panzerknacker 

In the absence of the beloved Margaret Thatcher, I'd welcome Trump.

2 hours ago, sean5302 said:

Personally, I'm sick of paying massive taxes to fund public sector wasters seat-polishing all day.

The UK hasn't been invaded for 802 years, so why do we need 208,000 in the MoD and forces?

What is the point of these ships?

What is the point of the 2 new aircraft carriers? We have no suitable aircraft and the Chinese said the carriers make "convenient targets".

We still seem to be fighting the Cold War.

This would have made a more worthy topic intro than Pansy's fabricated pile of cat shit.

Anyway, on topic. I often think about this, and one can only agree in principle. Technology in recent years demonstrates we no longer require weapons for conventional warfare, and we're already spending far too much for the real threats we face.

But obviously there's more to it. Military spending is guided less by threats and more from numerous other sources, chiefly economic priorities and banking influences, which themselves create security risks and wars. Whether you like Trump or not, the UK is privileged is have the US as its closest ally. Importantly, the EU relies on Britain's military power more than any other – in particular its navy, for which modern aircraft carriers are required – to protect Western interests with nuclear capability. For me, this is the point of these new ships. Despite no agreement hitherto being reached, defence is evidently giving the UK a good deal of bargaining power throughout Brexit negotiations.

While the 'threat' from Russia and China may not be quite as real as our Western media would like us to believe, I feel safer knowing Uncle Don is doing his job as our club door bouncer, and likewise, we realise the economic importance of providing a nuclear military presence in and around European waters.

Of course, anyone who takes taxes from others should be obliged to say why. So, am I happy for some of mine to still be used for military purposes? Absolutely.

On 7/30/2018 at 12:32 PM, Wolfie said:

Of course, Britain's Royal Navy – still the second most powerful of its type in the world – doesn't compare with Ireland's rich military history.

Lol. 

Why does Britain bother with a navy? I can’t see the point. We only end up going out and picking up immigrants in rubber boats that then get a free ride into Britain to carry out bombings in Manchester.   We should be shooting the cunts for target practice.  Then they would be warships.   Until then they are fucking ocean liners for immigrant terrorists and tin cans full of gays.

oooohhhh sailor.

Guest sean5302

<iframe width="1088" height="612" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K-n-tdES3e8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another one, straight off the dinghy.

Wonder what he's selling?

12 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

<iframe width="1088" height="612" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K-n-tdES3e8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another one, straight off the dinghy.

Wonder what he's selling?

Good job, sean5302.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, Panzerknacker said:

I'll take that as a yes ..the article was accurate and is this not cunts corner where cuntbaggery is called out?..even if it emanates from the elected elite ..and I'm not anti British..Y'all need to thicken up yer skins a bit 

Panzerknacker 

Take that as a no. The only accurate bit is that the UK is looking to order new ships. The rest of your OP is pure Panzerbollox.

Guest sean5302
4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I think he means this,

Perfect. I'll have to learn how to post Youtube clips here, won't I?

Can you imagine someone like this turning up at your door? He might want to come in and check my apparatus.

Guest Wizardsleeve
8 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

Laffin..panzerbollox..I may steal that for my own use 

Panzerknacker 

Brilliant.  Beats coming up with anything original, right Panzy, baby?  

8 minutes ago, Wizardsleeve said:

Brilliant.  Beats coming up with anything original, right Panzy, baby?  

Ya could say the thrust of me argument would be why not have those warships that aren't warships built in the UK..I'm sure there are shipyards that would welcome an order if only to keep skills n train apprentices..after all..what do you intend to trade with when y'all crash out of the club ..

Panzerknacker 

Guest Wizardsleeve
7 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

Ya could say the thrust of me argument would be why not have those warships that aren't warships built in the UK..I'm sure there are shipyards that would welcome an order if only to keep skills n train apprentices..after all..what do you intend to trade with when y'all crash out of the club ..

Panzerknacker 

While I take your claims of benefit scrounging and dodging of gainful employment as piss take, it is your persona here, and as such, you are talking utter bollocks.  What do you care, you will always be handed everything you need by those of us who do work and pay taxes.  

As it relates to where the ships are built, I would prefer to see them built right here.  The steel producing facilities need strong, well rested backs like yours to haul the heavy loads.  I don't mean the one given you by Punkers last night.  

3 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

Ya see..that was me point if tessy said they were ships of war they'd have been built in the UK but she says they aren't so can be farmed out..so I'll ask ya the same question..when is a warship not a warship..what makes a ship a warship 

Panzerknacker 

There is no UK law that says warships (ie, ships in the Royal Navy fleet that fly the White Ensign and are crewed by military personnel) must be built in the UK. HMS Protector, the RN's ice patrol ship was built in Norway. The UK has a policy to build naval vessels in the UK, but it is not law.

17 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

There is no UK law that says warships (ie, ships in the Royal Navy fleet that fly the White Ensign and are crewed by military personnel) must be built in the UK. HMS Protector, the RN's ice patrol ship was built in Norway. The UK has a policy to build naval vessels in the UK, but it is not law.

So you have no problem with navy ships..war or not being built abroad ?

Panzerknacker 

Guest Wizardsleeve
49 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Aren't most of the large holiday cruise ships built in Norway?  A few sea ventures, and some mysterious airborne illness strikes the passengers down, and it barely makes news.  

7 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

That's fine... but you're good with navy ships being built outside of the UK though?

Panzerknacker 

That's irrelevant to the gist of your nom, however in answer to your question  I would naturally prefer the ships to be built in the UK, but the fact remains that the only shipyards capable of completing the order do not have the spare capacity due to fulfilling existing orders to build new submarines, offshore patrol vessels and the Type 21 frigates.

Guest sean5302

Who cares where they're built?

Last time I looked, the UK was mired in £1.7 trillion of debt. We should be looking to save money and I'd question whether any of this public sector expenditure is worthwhile.

If we didn't go meddling in others' countries, we wouldn't invite reprisals here. A warship isn't a lot of use against tube bombers.

If we must have carriers, warships, supply vessels and all the other useless crap, let's get the best quality we can for the least money, anywhere in the world.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:21 AM, Wolfie said:

This would have made a more worthy topic intro than Pansy's fabricated pile of cat shit.

Anyway, on topic. I often think about this, and one can only agree in principle. Technology in recent years demonstrates we no longer require weapons for conventional warfare, and we're already spending far too much for the real threats we face.

But obviously there's more to it. Military spending is guided less by threats and more from numerous other sources, chiefly economic priorities and banking influences, which themselves create security risks and wars. Whether you like Trump or not, the UK is privileged is have the US as its closest ally. Importantly, the EU relies on Britain's military power more than any other – in particular its navy, for which modern aircraft carriers are required – to protect Western interests with nuclear capability. For me, this is the point of these new ships. Despite no agreement hitherto being reached, defence is evidently giving the UK a good deal of bargaining power throughout Brexit negotiations.

While the 'threat' from Russia and China may not be quite as real as our Western media would like us to believe, I feel safer knowing Uncle Don is doing his job as our club door bouncer, and likewise, we realise the economic importance of providing a nuclear military presence in and around European waters.

Of course, anyone who takes taxes from others should be obliged to say why. So, am I happy for some of mine to still be used for military purposes? Absolutely.

sean5302?

Guest sean5302

I wasn't going to rise to the bait, but I will anyway.

Even the blessed Margaret Thatcher succumbed to using the military to increase her electability. The Malvinas, a group of islands 6000 miles away, and 300 miles from Argentina, were threatened and we sent our troops to "defend" them.

Tony Bliar used them in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Bosnia Herzegovina etc. For what, exactly?

I'd keep 5000 men and use technology such as drones to defend the UK. The rest would be off to the Jobcentre. There'd be one military and no more triplet of forces with admirals, generals and bollocks. Watch the film "wargames" to see the futility of nuclear weapons. If Labour get elected, we'll have Diane Abacus as home sec, Corbychev as PM and McDonnell as chancellor. They'll have subs with no missiles, Trident that Corbychev won't fire and another £36 billion black hole at the ministry of waste.

Who, in their right mind, would want to invade us? We can't run a railway. Hosepipe bans by water companies that leak 25% of all the water they supply, inadequate energy so we have to import it from Europe, an NHS that gives the worst health outcomes in Western Europe for cardiac, cancer and paediatric care, yet employs 1.7 million people, the vast majority of whom are unqualified, and it costs £140 billion per year. We are about to lose the financial hub in the City, as Europe will take that role over by insisting the Euro takes precedence.

If we'd lost the last war, we'd all be driving Audis and counting our wealth now rather than being in debt to the tune of £1.7 trillion.

Bollocks, I did rise to the bait.