CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

There are a lot of "heritage acts" touring: a couple (or fewer) of blokes from a band, big in the 60s/70s, trotting out the hits for a few dollars more.  The publicity rarely mentions that there could be 50% or less of the original band members. The Ones who are Still Sort of Alive. Posters, adverts etc. should clearly show this, eg: The Who (tossas), The Rolling Stones (tossas) and so on.

It would allow young folks to appreciate that they are not seeing live rock music in its original form: a vomit covered stage in the back of a shitty pub on a Tuesday night, but a shiny, bowdlerised simulacrum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

There are a lot of "heritage acts" touring: a couple (or fewer) of blokes from a band, big in the 60s/70s, trotting out the hits for a few dollars more.  The publicity rarely mentions that there could be 50% or less of the original band members. The Ones who are Still Sort of Alive. Posters, adverts etc. should clearly show this, eg: The Who (tossas), The Rolling Stones (tossas) and so on.

It would allow young folks to appreciate that they are not seeing live rock music in its original form: a vomit covered stage in the back of a shitty pub on a Tuesday night, but a shiny, bowdlerised simulacrum.

Tribute acts that have their own fan base… that’s another one I just don’t get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

You don't see Elvis impersonators so much these days.

I like the Chinese ones. It’s just one of those things that makes you laugh every time. A bit like the camp fire scene in Blazing Saddles.

There was a public safety film in the 1980s advising old people to use step ladders rather than stand on chairs etc’. It featured an old lady tottering on a chair, trying to change a light bulb. She eventually wobbles and falls straight through the glass door of a bookcase. The expression on her face still leaves me giggling like a dyspraxic chipmunk with a nitrous oxide habit.

12 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I've seen a couple of Dr Feelgood tribute acts and the Creedance one. They are good.

My mum went to see a Genesis tribute act and bought one of their coffee mugs afterwards. Why? It’s not fucking Genesis. It’s like buying a Cary Grant autograph that Mike Yarwood writ.

27 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I like the Chinese ones. It’s just one of those things that makes you laugh every time. A bit like the camp fire scene in Blazing Saddles.

There was a public safety film in the 1980s advising old people to use step ladders rather than stand on chairs etc’. It featured an old lady tottering on a chair, trying to change a light bulb. She eventually wobbles and falls straight through the glass door of a bookcase. The expression on her face still leaves me giggling like a dyspraxic chipmunk with a nitrous oxide habit.

That's why Casualty isnt funny any more. I mean each programme started off with some dopy cunt doing something that was gonna land them in hospital. 

54 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I'm thinking of forming a Frank tribute act. Got the wig, Foster Grant's wayfairers and I've bribed a pathologist at KCH for a dehydrated chink's body, just need a shit kitchen bin. Anybody wanna be my manager?

Ask Colonel Sanders. He managed Elvis Presley for years.