CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

TV License

CCArchive

Apologies if this has been done before but it's not coming up in "cunt search". Once upon a time the BBC set up a network of TV broadcasting transmitters across the UK. When new production companies such as ITV and Channels 4 and 5 came along they used the BBC's equipment to transmit there programmes. In summary a license to view TV could be justified. What about now though? Sky does not use any of the BBC's equipment. Much media is available over the internet now too. Netflix, love film , neither of these use the Beebs equipment. All these other companies are self funding. Why then are we still forced to pay a license to a company that holds no broadcast patents. Not just a cunt, but one thats bordering on being a tax.

• 6 years later...

It looks like the license fee and all legal strings attached, will remain firmly in place until 2038 -  all of the super-compensated executives can breathe a sigh of relief, while the non-paying sneaky public may trifle with a hefty fine or a potential spell in the clink should they catch a freebie here and there. How much is it nowadays?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 16/08/2014 at 16:16, CCArchive said:

Apologies if this has been done before but it's not coming up in "cunt search". Once upon a time the BBC set up a network of TV broadcasting transmitters across the UK. When new production companies such as ITV and Channels 4 and 5 came along they used the BBC's equipment to transmit there programmes. In summary a license to view TV could be justified. What about now though? Sky does not use any of the BBC's equipment. Much media is available over the internet now too. Netflix, love film , neither of these use the Beebs equipment. All these other companies are self funding. Why then are we still forced to pay a license to a company that holds no broadcast patents. Not just a cunt, but one thats bordering on being a tax.

Now that our dear old Starmer babies will assuredly do NOTHING to rock the BBC gravy boat you simply have to jump into the world of YouTube and catch up via a decent dedicated tablet and a Chromecast which can be easily purchase out of the £157 saved on not paying the Licence. Then take GREAT PLEASURE in filling the online form available from TV Licensing notifying the BBC you NO LONGER REQUIRE A TV LICENCE. Any subsequent enquiry from them can be me with an invitation to perch all night on your window ledge to see whether you are watching live telly. 

On 23/10/2023 at 00:46, Dick Fiddler said:

Congrats you neanderthal mongtard, have a like from the fiddler.

I am due for my annual bbc salt tax, or the Jewish way of paying for state telly plus the fucking World Persian Service which is just a propaganda arsehole for the "5 eyes", and I will be cancelling. The £157 will be invested in a second tablet dedicated to the numerous streaming apps linked to the Chromecast I already have. The fucking cheek of these cunts is engrained years of public school recruitment. Highly likely the imminent Starmite government will do abso nought about this corrupt institution which you can guarantee is a good reflection of their fucking time in office.