CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

snoopers charter

Eddie

Guest Gong Farmer

Quite. As the judge pointed out, it's the stale old argument that "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear ". And that argument is indefensible imho.

I mentioned that  in a earlier post. That mantra has it's roots in Nazi Germany and is a quote by Joseph Goebbels the Nazi party's propaganda minister.   

Guest Gong Farmer

Indeed, gong. The idiots also applauded the McCarthy communist witch hunts. And how long did it take them to get wise to that corrupt pervert J Edgar Hoover?

Did you know that the existence of the mafia in the states was deemed to be conspiracy theory until after Hoover's death? They had something on him, probably him being a transvestite, and so he saw to it that any mention of a mafia presence was the realm of conspiracy theory. 

Guest Bill Stickers

When you have emptied your mouthful of shit, kindly make your point.

You're happy to trust the government with your full internet history, and everyone else's... for it to be available to them at any time without due cause?

The government is comprised people who regularly leave classified documents and work laptops on trains. The same people who regularly show they are technologically illiterate in the way they try and legislate the internet. The same departments who are shown to be vulnerable to hacks and security breaches again and again and again. The same police forces who pursue ridiculous causes for arrest every now and then.

Even if the government aren't selling and passing your private data and history off to the highest bidder, which will be very tempting, it doesn't mean it won't be incorrectly used, or even worse accidentally, unknowingly leaked out.

I'm afraid of Orwellian dystopian futures for sure. But I'm far more afraid of blundering fucking idiots in government making the same mistakes of people you meet elsewhere in the workplace. Most people in the world are incompetent fucking cretins.

Is that better for you?

Guest Bill Stickers

This is not new news. The reaction that people have to this is what is most interesting. Predictable and exactly what the authorities expect.

Of course there isn't any difference. I am just another brick in the wall, I don't threaten the security of the crown nor their chums vested business interests. I am of no consequence and even less importance. Life is for living.

If everyone took your limp-wristed view on this, the establishment of an extremely authoritarian state would already have happened long ago, and you wouldn't be able to live much of a life. You're a fucking disgrace.

Guest Wizardsleeve

The public are dumbed down saps. If the 'authorities' wanted introduce euthanasia  for octogenarians they'd roll with it. Believe me. They'd let themselves be conditioned to the idea incrementally over a given period of time until it's acceptable. The Belgian authorities have already convinced the public that euthanizing severely handicapped and ill children to be  a great idea and are actually now doing exactly that. On the face of it you might agree that it's a good idea and the kindest thing to do but the point is that the public have been convinced that severely handicapped children are a burden on the rest of society and should be 'done away with'. Who's next? Parasitic pensioners that are a burden that no longer contribute towards society? The unemployable? Criminals? How far will they go with euthanasia? 

I should think that euthanization should be handled on a case by case basis.  Speaking only for myself, I wouldn't have a problem had Frank been a candidate for such a service. After that, much stricter scrutiny should be employed. 

Guest Bill Stickers

I should think that euthanization should be handled on a case by case basis.  Speaking only for myself, I wouldn't have a problem had Frank been a candidate for such a service. After that, much stricter scrutiny should be employed. 

I quite like your input to day Sleeve. Has someone hacked your account?

Human rights need to be balanced against the rights of society as a whole. I am comfortable living in a well ordered society with well defined rules. Step out of line and you deserve all the shit coming your way. That is, provided the powers that be are wise enough to make rules that suit me. Otherwise, game on.

I have nothing to fear from government snooping. The NSA, CIA, Stasi,Mossad, MI5, MI6, GCHQ and all the rest scare me less than the prospect of Mrs. Manky learning how to access my computer or phone

Guest Wizardsleeve

I quite like your input to day Sleeve. Has someone hacked your account?

No hacks that I'm aware of, just a lack of cunts in the office chafing my arse with idiocy. A nice, quiet day thus far. 

Did you know that the existence of the mafia in the states was deemed to be conspiracy theory until after Hoover's death? They had something on him, probably him being a transvestite, and so he saw to it that any mention of a mafia presence was the realm of conspiracy theory. 

So what if he liked dressing as a woman: His invention of the vacuum cleaner was a godsend.

• Like 2

You're happy to trust the government with your full internet history, and everyone else's... for it to be available to them at any time without due cause?

The government is comprised people who regularly leave classified documents and work laptops on trains. The same people who regularly show they are technologically illiterate in the way they try and legislate the internet. The same departments who are shown to be vulnerable to hacks and security breaches again and again and again. The same police forces who pursue ridiculous causes for arrest every now and then.

Even if the government aren't selling and passing your private data and history off to the highest bidder, which will be very tempting, it doesn't mean it won't be incorrectly used, or even worse accidentally, unknowingly leaked out.

I'm afraid of Orwellian dystopian futures for sure. But I'm far more afraid of blundering fucking idiots in government making the same mistakes of people you meet elsewhere in the workplace. Most people in the world are incompetent fucking cretins.

Is that better for you?

I think the security services are fab and if they wish to hack this site for the good of this countries internal security then they should bally we'll get on and do it .... With my blessing!

Guest DingTheRioja

With the excuse revolving keeping the public safe from terrorism. The Government kicked it all off 'illegally' in the first place and then come back with (Problem=Reaction=Solution). It's oldest trick in the book and works time and time again on a gullible dumbed down public of followers, swallowers and nonchalant thick fuckery. All very easy to implement and they do it with impunity as it will just be accepted by the majority the herd.

Reading some of the comments in the right wing press earlier today, The Mail,The Times and the Telegraph.....'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear',  quite funny really  as none of saps that reiterate that load of old pony are aware that it has it's roots in Nazi Germany, they're  quoting Joseph  Goebbels the Nazi's propaganda minister. Idiocy on a grand scale.

"Those that sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither" (Benjamin Franklin) 

You are Godwin and I claim my Golden Star!!

I think you are well and truly fucked over there. No one's lifting a finger to curtail the infringements on your privacy except for civil liberties groups that are ironically berated and vilified by the media and  the very people they seek to protect. What your government is doing would be unthinkable in this country, in fact only this week our government took away a number of powers from the security agencies for fear of them over stepping the mark concerning our privacy rights. We still live in a country were you are not assumed to be a criminal or a terrorist by default  and that you are still deemed innocent until proven guilty and where there is no such thing as secret courts.

Are you sure?

whilst not condoning these actions, I am only surprised that the public are surprised.

You do surprise me!

The worse for passing on info is our very own NHS. Last year I needed treatment in A&E. Two days later I started getting unsolicited phone calls from an ambulance chasing law firm trying to get me to sue somebody for my "accident". Despite it being severe stomach pains. Seeing as I never give my number to anyone, except to the A&E department, where do you think they got the number from?

Just had a call from "Harry"... and International number with a suspiciously Indian accent, or possibly Pakistani, they all sound alike to me.  "Hello sir, my name is Harry, I am calling you from Bollocks Accident Helpline, please may I be assisting you in...." ... and no.. I am not taking the piss, those were "Harrys" actual words...

...mine words were, "Oh piss off again.."

Despite eveyone knowing the US Govt made deals with the Mafia to get supplies etc in Italy during WWII on the road to Rome...

I think the security services are fab and if they wish to hack this site for the good of this countries internal security then they should bally we'll get on and do it .... With my blessing!

I wish them luck with getting anything past Roops... they better watch what they quote in court or she'll censor them...

Guest Gong Farmer

"Nothing to hide then nothing to fear" Who would agree that the individuals that adhere to that mantra should be excluded from the democratic political process? That only intelligent people with an above average IQ that are engaged and take enough interest in the political process to hold their elected leaders to account should have the privilege of the democratic vote.

Guest Bill Stickers

"Nothing to hide then nothing to fear" Who would agree that the individuals that adhere to that mantra should be excluded from the democratic political process?

Hear hear.

It is very hard to name a respected intellectual in any field who has encouraged or endorsed a philosophy of near-total state supervision.

The only people who do so are those intent on gaining, consolidating and/or abusing such an undue amount of power.

Guest Gong Farmer

Hear hear.

It is very hard to name a respected intellectual in any field who has encouraged or endorsed a philosophy of near-total state supervision.

The only people who do so are those intent on gaining, consolidating and/or abusing such an undue amount of power.

I'm sure that some kind of exam could be implemented to weed out the idiot fringe that would ignorantly vote in a government that is intent on stripping the populous of their rights, freedoms and liberties. An IQ test followed by an exam to test their political knowledge current and historically. Not tested for their political stance and opinions but purely on their mental ability to be able to vote in a meaningful and proficient manner.

I'm all for democracy but only for those that deserve it. The "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" brigade do not deserve democracy in any shape or form and should by rights (in my perfect world) be considered persona non grata excluded from the democratic process.  They are in essence Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Guest luke swarm

"Nothing to hide then nothing to fear" Who would agree that the individuals that adhere to that mantra should be excluded from the democratic political process? That only intelligent people with an above average IQ that are engaged and take enough interest in the political process to hold their elected leaders to account should have the privilege of the voting.

These are the people to be feared, these are the people who don't vote as it achieves nothing, these are the people who happily march off to war without realising they are nothing but cannon fodder to their leaders......after the great war and world war 2 , the common people began to see the light and rebelled against this form of thinking.

It seems that this memory has faded and we are again sleepwalking into a state of apathy....our leaders are in my opinion nurturing this state and actively work against the freedom so hard won. Have we become soft and indolent...do we have no ambition other than to look after no one but ourselves. We have the leaders we deserve and to a man they are hypocrites and self serving cunts.    

Guest luke swarm

I'm sure that some kind of exam could be implemented to weed out the idiot fringe that would ignorantly vote in a government that is intent on stripping the populous of their rights, freedoms and liberties. An IQ test followed by an exam to test their political knowledge current and historically. Not tested for their political stance and opinions but purely on their mental ability to be able to vote in a meaningful and proficient manner.

I'm all for democracy but only for those that deserve it. The "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" brigade do not deserve democracy in any shape or form and should by rights (in my perfect world) be considered persona non grata excluded from the democratic process.  They are in essence Turkeys voting for Christmas.

be careful what you wish for mate...remember who would set the rules for who can vote...it certainly would not be anyone with any common sense but more like the politicians who would simply corrupt the process.....a dangerous path as it would then not be a democracy at all.

cast your mind back to the last century or two when only the landed gentry could vote as the proles were considered too dim.  

Don't you think this is just a tiny bit like, well, er, eugenics? Today, voting; what next tomorrow? Reproducing?

Ah, fuck it, you've sweet talked me into it. You can have my vote.

Guest Gong Farmer

These are the people to be feared, these are the people who don't vote as it achieves nothing, these are the people who happily march off to war without realising they are nothing but cannon fodder to their leaders......after the great war and world war 2 , the common people began to see the light and rebelled against this form of thinking.

It seems that this memory has faded and we are again sleepwalking into a state of apathy....our leaders are in my opinion nurturing this state and actively work against the freedom so hard won. Have we become soft and indolent...do we have no ambition other than to look after no one but ourselves. We have the leaders we deserve and to a man they are hypocrites and self serving cunts.    

In full agreement on all your points. it's an interesting fact that we actually lose rights and freedoms after participating in wars, not retaining or gaining rights and liberties but actually end up relinquishing them.  

Guest Gong Farmer

Don't you think this is just a tiny bit like, well, er, eugenics? Today, voting; what next tomorrow? Reproducing?

Ah, fuck it, you've sweet talked me into it. You can have my vote.

I think that if you're required  to pass an exam to drive a car or practice medicine then why not have to pass an exam to be eligible to vote? After all, these ignoramuses do have an effect on other peoples lives by their actions in the voting booth by not being fully clued up as to what they're voting for. I'm not against people having to take a  course in political science to be eligible to vote, it could even be incorporated into the school curriculum. The important thing is to keep the dangerous politically ignorant out of the political arena for all our sakes as they are detrimental to democracy and society as a whole.