CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The Death Penalty: Is it ever justified?

Decimus

What are your opinions on this?

Personally, I disagree with it and believe that it can never be justified. One reason for this is the reality of a margin of error in conviction. Even if 999 out of 1000 people convicted guilty of murder are executed, and truly did commit the crime, but one innocent man/woman is wrongly executed, then I believe the risks of the death penalty outweighs the benefits. 

From a purely moral point of view, an eye for an eye mentality is stone age philosophy and no better than what the fundamentalists are preaching and practising in the Middle East.

Finally, if the thought of potentially innocent people being put to death and the country adopting old testament style punishment didn't sway me, then the thought of a corrupt, degenerate and largely perverted establishment having the power of life and death over my life would convince me that the death penalty deserves to be consigned to the past.

• Like 1

It's the easy way out for some evil bastards. I'd much rather have them rot the rest of their life away living in their own shit and piss and chained to a fucking wall in some fucking dungeon.

Guest Dan German
4 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Personally, I disagree with it and believe that it can never be justified. One reason for this is the reality of a margin of error in conviction. Even if 999 out of 1000 people convicted guilty of murder are executed, and truly did commit the crime, but one innocent man/woman is wrongly executed, then I believe the risks of the death penalty outweighs the benefits. 

From a purely moral point of view, an eye for an eye mentality is stone age philosophy and no better than what the fundamentalists are preaching and practising in the Middle East.

Finally, if the thought of potentially innocent people being put to death and the country adopting old testament style punishment didn't sway me, then the thought of a corrupt, degenerate and largely perverted establishment having the power of life and death over my life would convince me that the death penalty deserves to be consigned to the past.

Sign this:

If this is what it's come to then I can't be fucked anymore. If I wanted to swap trite, boring anecdotes with complete strangers, I'd cut my cock off and join the W.I. It seems there's no longer room for any spite, and the site is being watered down to accommodate and promote the posts of a small subsection of it, who are utter fucking bores that would have been slaughtered for being tedious, unintellectual cunts just a couple of months back.

Bill's been fucked off for good, Frank, love him or hate him, actually brought some personality to the site instead of being just another generic non-entity who endlessly repeats the word "cunt", yet he has also been deemed surplus to requirements.

What we're left with is fucking shit. It appears to mostly just be MikeD nominating the first thing that pops into his head inbetween littering other nominations with various lame rehashes of such comedy gems as "I'll get my coat". 

We've had three weeks of the same fucking shit described above with no sign of it abating. PK has only confirmed by his banning of LifeHater that we can just expect more of the same for the foreseeable future. I for one certainly won't be hanging about to bore myself to fucking death reading any more of the God awful fucking dross that's been produced recently and am fucking off forthwith.

and so...FUCK OFF!....Mrs Roops, will hand you your coat....what IS YOUR PROBLEM? Just GO!!

Attention seeking twat! The longest good bye in fucking history...whingeing wanker

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

It's the easy way out for some evil bastards. I'd much rather have them rot the rest of their life away living in their own shit and piss and chained to a fucking wall in some fucking dungeon.

Thats the problem there Mike,they don't live like that. They get all the comforts of home.

Just now, Snatch said:

Thats the problem there Mike,they don't live like that. They get all the comforts of home.

I once saw a show about the toughest jails in the world. Russia and North Korea, we could learn a lot.

Some people forfeit the right to exist. It is our moral duty to protect the weak in our society. 

Stick your holier than thou arguments up your fucking arse.

If 1,000 people are coming after me and 999 are of bad intent, do you think I would hesitate in machine gunning the fucking lot.

Guest Couldn't give a shit
11 minutes ago, Decimus said:

It's sad to say that in this country the police are fucking rotten and would happily send their grannies to the gallows if it gave them a "result" which is why I'm convinced that a number of innocent men have been jailed in the aftermath of the Jimmy Savile scandal and I predict that it will come back to haunt the British justice system on a level similar to that of the Guildford four and Birmingham six.

The police and CPS are the last people on earth I would trust with a case that could possibly result in somebody being executed simply because like their American cousins they are fucking obsessed with PR and hide this by repeatedly reciting the "brave victim's rights" mantra.

4 minutes ago, Dan German said:

Sign this:

If this is what it's come to then I can't be fucked anymore. If I wanted to swap trite, boring efforttes with complete strangers, I'd cut my cock off and join the W.I. It seems there's no longer room for any spite, and the site is being watered down to accommodate and promote the posts of a small subsection of it, who are utter fucking bores that would have been slaughtered for being tedious, unintellectual cunts just a couple of months back.

Bill's been fucked off for good, Frank, love him or hate him, actually brought some personality to the site instead of being just another generic non-entity who endlessly repeats the word "cunt", yet he has also been deemed surplus to requirements.

What we're left with is fucking shit. It appears to mostly just be MikeD nominating the first thing that pops into his head inbetween littering other nominations with various lame rehashes of such comedy gems as "I'll get my coat". 

We've had three weeks of the same fucking shit described above with no sign of it abating. PK has only confirmed by his banning of LifeHater that we can just expect more of the same for the foreseeable future. I for one certainly won't be hanging about to bore myself to fucking death reading any more of the God awful fucking dross that's been produced recently and am fucking off forthwith.

and so...FUCK OFF!....Mrs Roops, will hand you your coat....what IS YOUR PROBLEM? Just GO!!

Attention seeking twat! The longest good bye in fucking history...whingeing wanker

Jesus, Dan. You're a bit slow off the mark, that one has been thrown back in my face more than once, and by far better cunts than you. What an unimaginative little fucking bore you really are. If you want to play, up your game and put some effort into it, you stupid fucking cunt.

Guest DingTheRioja
8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I am all for the death penalty as long as it's based on the American system of only executing the poor and blacks.

You forgot the mexicans...

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I once saw a show about the toughest jails in the world. Russia and North Korea, we could learn a lot.

and ISIS in some cases.....

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It's the afternoon here Frankie. 

Ah Donald,still ahead in the polls even though the rest of the world seems to think your a political laughing stock?

The same thing happened in Germany in 1933.

Guest Dan German
5 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Jesus, Dan. You're a bit slow off the mark, that one has been thrown back in my face more than once, and by far better cunts than you. What an unimaginative little fucking bore you really are. If you want to play, up your game and put some effort into it, you stupid fucking cunt.

These people are for the taking...

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's the afternoon here Frankie. 

I'm not Frank. Now kill yourself as I'm away on my boat, then to drive round Europe...blah, blah, fucking blah.

40 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Exactly Decs. 1 innocent person out of a thousand is too much. If an innocent person is murdered by the state, the senior policeman/woman should be prosecuted.

• Like 1

Guest Couldn't give a shit
20 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Exactly Decs. 1 innocent person out of a thousand is too much. If an innocent person is murdered by the state, the senior policeman/woman should be prosecuted.

The problem is that the police are not policed themselves to the same degree that the general public are. The professional standards branch of Greater Manchester Police for example has been descibed as "criminal, corrupt and lacking in any ethical standards" by a former senior officer. If "internal affairs" is bent then the liklihood is that the rest of the organization is diseased. This was the case with operation Countryman which identified hundreds of corrupt officers in the Met but its findings were buried because the trail of shit led all the way up to the Commissioner and the DPP. These are the kind of people who would be responsible for gathering evidence in a capital murder investigation.