CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Doctors strike - For or Against

Bubba C

Guest luke swarm
3 hours ago, Manky said:

That didn't hurt me at all. I've got my tinfoil hat on so Luke Swarms conspiracy theories don't infect me.

I hope somebody does infect you with something Manky...preferably Ebola.  

Guest DingTheRioja
8 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Fair point, Dung, but how do you stop medically trained staff from leaving the NHS? Contractual restrictions or incentives?

I think we have a dentist on this site, although it might be bollocks. 

£30k to train a teacher? What the fuck is that spent on? The majority of teaching these days is fucking awful. Teachers can fuck off with their "I do lesson plans and marking so hardly have any free time" bollocks too. 

Contractual restrictions, piece of piss to implement.  When I trained with NHS/Civil service as pen pusher, my contract stipulated I had to work the same number of years for them after training, as the training lasted.  ie. 3 years of training/work/college/uni, then when fully trained, work for another 3 years or pay back shit loads they invested in me. 4 years training = 4 years working afterwards.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with insisting on "payback" through working years

7 hours ago, Bill Stickers said:

I believe doctors who leave the NHS should have to pay back their education costs in full. 

See above.

6 hours ago, witheredscrote said:

Our doctors and other hospital staff never go on strike here. Patient welfare comes first. That said , every other cunt is always on strike , the exception being my local bar/café .

I am just off for a stroll down there now , read the papers , an apero or two , sitting outside in the shade. Vivre

They don't strike because they're paid too much, and have too many benefits, it's only a matter of years before your social security system implodes and takes the govt with it, like the Greeks and their civil sevice "payrises"...

Guest Manky
11 minutes ago, luke swarm said:

I hope somebody does infect you with something Manky...preferably Ebola.  

For someone with connections to the caring profession, you are not very caring. As it happens, I have a something that protects me from Ebola, my name on the Special Branch no fly list that stops me going to the plagued continent. So fuck off you knob.

Guest luke swarm
36 minutes ago, Manky said:

For someone with connections to the caring profession, you are not very caring. As it happens, I have a something that protects me from Ebola, my name on the Special Branch no fly list that stops me going to the plagued continent. So fuck off you knob.

I just wish that Special Branch had you on a no breath list.

47 minutes ago, Manky said:

For someone who works with people of many different lands and cultures, you're not a very tolerant person. 

As it happens, I think you're confusing Special Branch with Special Brew and you should probably just drink it heavily and choke on your own vomit this evening. 

1 hour ago, DingTheRioja said:

Contractual restrictions, piece of piss to implement.  When I trained with NHS/Civil service as pen pusher, my contract stipulated I had to work the same number of years for them after training, as the training lasted.  ie. 3 years of training/work/college/uni, then when fully trained, work for another 3 years or pay back shit loads they invested in me. 4 years training = 4 years working afterwards.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with insisting on "payback" through working years

See above.

They don't strike because they're paid too much, and have too many benefits, it's only a matter of years before your social security system implodes and takes the govt with it, like the Greeks and their civil sevice "payrises"...

Fuck off you miserable cunt .

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:18 PM, Manky said:

Are you a secret agent?

On 26/04/2016 at 3:02 PM, camberwell gypsy said:

All I got from Jnr Drs when I was nursing was that they were just treading water until they become GPs and work 4 days a week and then no doubt fucking whine because they were seeing too many patients and had to do loads of paperwork for QOF targets.

Not really, the term junior doctors is misleading. It doesn't just mean recently qualified doctors it mean all doctors below consultant level, so actually many are in a position of considerable responsibility. Regarding treading water until they can be GPs the reality is that there is a crisis in General Practice because so many newly qualified doctors see it as a backwater and aren't interested. Many GP practices are struggling to replace GPs who are retiring, often earlier than expected because they are pissed off with constant government meddling, endless assessments and paperwork.

30 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

Not really, the term junior doctors is misleading. It doesn't just mean recently qualified doctors it mean all doctors below consultant level, so actually many are in a position of considerable responsibility. Regarding treading water until they can be GPs the reality is that there is a crisis in General Practice because so many newly qualified doctors see it as a backwater and aren't interested. Many GP practices are struggling to replace GPs who are retiring, often earlier than expected because they are pissed off with constant government meddling, endless assessments and paperwork.

The assessments are necessary and the paperwork is needed as targets need to be met. QOF was the best thing to happen to primary care as it got people in who needed to be seen and wouldn't have come in for reviews. I spent 10 years in primary care and was certainly glad to get away from the hospital.

As to the problem filling GP and nurse positions in primary care, there was no such problems. Certainly not what you say. Also I know what the term "junior Drs" means. I worked with them long enough. By the way the starting salary in primary care is 60k for GPs and 32k for nurses. That's what the going rate was when I was there.

Guest luke swarm
2 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

The assessments are necessary and the paperwork is needed as targets need to be met. QOF was the best thing to happen to primary care as it got people in who needed to be seen and wouldn't have come in for reviews. I spent 10 years in primary care and was certainly glad to get away from the hospital.

As to the problem filling GP and nurse positions in primary care, there was no such problems. Certainly not what you say. Also I know what the term "junior Drs" means. I worked with them long enough

do you support the Doctors Strike Gypps or are you in support of the Government......As an ex- nurse who has more experience than most of us...what do you think is going on here. 

3 minutes ago, luke swarm said:

do you support the Doctors Strike Gypps or are you in support of the Government......As an ex- nurse who has more experience than most of us...what do you think is going on here. 

I support the strike. All I am saying is that many of those I worked with were looking to get out. Me included. I earned 10k more for doing 4 days work. No shifts. Drs becoming GPs earned a lot more. However, in hospital we dealt with real sick people. In Primary care, about 70% of the people we saw, more so the Drs, was crap. People coming in with a cold, people coming in with styes, cut fingers etc etc. That's what's galling about Primary care.

Guest Manky

I don't support the doctors. Also, I don't support the government. When 2 groups of alleged adults let things go to hell in a handcart before throwing their toys around, then they can just fuck off, knobs.

Guest MikeD
1 minute ago, Manky said:

I don't support the doctors. Also, I don't support the government. When 2 groups of alleged adults let things go to hell in a handcart before throwing their toys around, then they can just fuck off, knobs.

Anything I've heard or read about this in the last few days is two groups of cunts blaming each other.

I dare say it will go on until someone backs down but said the other side backed down.

Fucking childish bastards.

36 minutes ago, Manky said:

Well yes OK, but the doctors can't just walk away from the dispute, Hunt intends to impose the contact without their agreement. It's becoming a pattern with this government, schools which don't want to become academies even if they are doing well and parents don't want it either will have it imposed without their consent.

Guest DingTheRioja
2 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I support the strike. All I am saying is that many of those I worked with were looking to get out. Me included. I earned 10k more for doing 4 days work. No shifts. Drs becoming GPs earned a lot more. However, in hospital we dealt with real sick people. In Primary care, about 70% of the people we saw, more so the Drs, was crap. People coming in with a cold, people coming in with styes, cut fingers etc etc. That's what's galling about Primary care.

Last time I was in the quacks, there was loads of cunts in their sniffing, coughing and sneezing like they had fuckin g pneumonia and were no more than 45 seconds from croaking it, all the while rattling their BMW/Audi keys, tapping away like fuck on their iPhones and repeating ad nauseum how they "just had to struggle in to work this morning, since there's only me can do that stuff".... the fact that I was pouring blood from my right boot like a hosepipe, using a lump of 2x4 as a crutch and half carried in seemed to pass them by, they couldn't slap on the Receptionists desk hard enough demanding to see one of the partners not "that locum"....

The few GPs I know personally all are overpaid ignorant wankers who are more interested in the restaurant/wine importers they've set up than the patients who provide for their lifestyle, with the exception of one absolute saint who still drives a Peugeot 205.

Did anyone mention the hippocratic oath?

On 26 April 2016 at 10:37 AM, Eddie said:

Its not exclusively about money, junior doctors who work their bollocks off for a pittance, starting salary 22k don't do it solely for the cash. Intelligent people who are training to be doctors can earn bundles more in almost any other sector but opt for health care. They will now be required to work longer hours. They already work 12 hour shifts, the new contract requires in excess of 14 hour shifts, consecutive days. When dealing with people lives, these conditions are not acceptable. 

Accepted that junior doctors attend hospital for long periods of time doing rounds, talking to parents or relatives of dead people, but most of the time they sit and drink coffee, play on their iPads and weigh up which nurse they are going to do an internal on that afternoon.   You don't become a doctor because of the social hours, early finish on Friday, flexi time, or fabulous wealth.   It's a vocational calling.......now I'm just off to do an 18 hour shift. Hope I don't kill as many patients tonight as I did last night.  Lucky no one noticed as I work a Stafford. 

• 2 weeks later...