CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Americunts' love of Imperial measurements.

Guest Tata Steely Dan

Guest Alfie Noakes
2 hours ago, Manky said:

Let us look at some facts.

America. Microsoft. Space Shuttle. F35. iPhone.

France. Croissants. Split geese. Burned Joan.

Agreed! They do have the Eiffel tower though. Mind you it looks like a load of coat hangars dropped in a pile.

Guest Wizardsleeve

A practical, quality set of both and there should be few problems in the home one can't sort.  However, if somebody is actually fucking thick enough to be unable to distinguish between a metric or standard fastener, it is my belief that person should be burned to death for the good of the human gene pool. 

Guest Alfie Noakes
1 hour ago, Panzerknacker said:

Germans invented n developed the jet engine . ..mobile fone technology . .mister ericsson . .sweedish cunt

No no and no!

Martin Cooper USA invented the cell phone. Frank Whittle UK invented the fucking jet engine.

Noakes's Knackers

Guest Extremecunt
24 minutes ago, Ape said:

It's amusing that you have, by your own admission, a very small dick, whilst at the same time being a massive fucking dick. Fuck off.

I'd advise you to clean your hairy fucking ears out. As your going to be listening to my shit for the foreseeable future.

Boring cunt.

2 hours ago, Tata Steely Dan said:

Microsoft. Untouchable twenty years ago. Bloated, complacent and despotic now. The Space Shuttle; impressive for its era but now relegated to museums and the occasional undiscovered shard of debris in a ditch or hedge somewhere in North America. iPhone; screwdrivered together in the third world by kids and promotes an anti-intellectual 'button click' culture whereby nobody has the curiosity to actually see how anything works.

The F35 doesn't stand up as any sort of beacon of quality. Any cold-war era fighter could take it down. Late, over budget, over-engineered, driven by a top-heavy corporate structure bogging down the development every step of the way. A bit like the fabled, and vastly overrated, TSR-2 in that regard, only they had the decency to can that white elephant before it went into proper production. The Dassault Rafale is a terrific fastjet as is our/their Eurofighter Typhoon. 

You remind me of one of those whiners who quotes Camm's adage "All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics. TSR2 simply got the first three right." at every opportunity because they believe that 1) it is the intelligent thing to say and 2) they fall for the convenient myth that our somehow brilliant, vibrant aviation industry was killed off by a single pen stroke. Meddling civil servants, Mountbatten and sitting around for ten years with our thumbs up our collective rears waiting for the F111s to arrive. 

tsr2-scrapped.jpg 

The bleeding edge of British aircraft development.

Anyway your list there (presumably a "laundry list", you Americunt brown-noser) is also, handily, a list of things you have contributed nothing towards. Go join your squaddie pals on ARRSE and have a circlejerk about the superiority of the F35 over there.

I saw a whole TSR2 at Duxford in a hangar. Not airworthy but nonetheless it is a nice looker. I don't give a fuck about the F35. My baby is the A10. All time favourite was the Vulcan. So fuck off you sweaty cunt. The yanks are OK. But they aren't English.

3 minutes ago, Manky said:

I saw a whole TSR2 at Duxford in a hangar. Not airworthy but nonetheless it is a nice looker. I don't give a fuck about the F35. My baby is the A10. All time favourite was the Vulcan. So fuck off you sweaty cunt. The yanks are OK. But they aren't English.

Biggles swore by a sopwith camel.

• Like 1

Guest Tata Steely Dan
28 minutes ago, Manky said:

I saw a whole TSR2 at Duxford in a hangar. Not airworthy but nonetheless it is a nice looker.

Indeed, XR222, the most complete TSR-2 left. There is a less complete example at Cosford and a procedures trainer at Brooklands. A couple of other bits and pieces have been spread far and wide. 222 will never fly as it was still robbed of avionics. Good luck finding a set of working Olympus engines as well. 

3 hours ago, Roadkill said:

I'm with Manky on this one. Obviously the inch was far too big and scary for the Frenchies to deal with, so they made up millimetres and centimetres to save face. Also so that they could use bigger numbers in the hopes of sounding smart.

Didn't everyone think Napoleon was about 4f 6 inch because the French measured his body in their system? 

Guest I know that Cunt
6 hours ago, Tata Steely Dan said:

"Hmmmm, I dunno Chuck. I thought this was going to require a 11/16'' wrench but it feels more like 5/8'' to me."

Fucking Americans and their silly insistence on measuring everything in inches. Inches are great if you only have to deal with horses, lumps of coal, planks of wood and lengths of string, but in the 21st Century, and most of the 20th as well, it is a deeply impractical unit of measure. Anything that involves you endlessly working through fractions like that is a bunch of bollocks. They should go Metric like the rest of the civilised world. 

You ignorant uneducated ill-informed twat. Using imperial size spanners becomes second nature just like the old pounds, shillings and pence were. Just ask Decs. If it didn't work they would change it wouldn't they and they haven't so therefore it does.

6 hours ago, Panzerknacker said:

Remember reading about the loss of an expensive space probe because the European space agency were using metric and the spams were still taking feet yards and hogsheads . .probe missed it's target by hundreds an thousands of furlongs 

Panzerknacker 

Yes that of course happened didn't it.

Guest I know that Cunt
2 hours ago, Manky said:

Where do you stand on the BAC Lightning I remember seeing them at airshows in the 1960's they were the loudest muthas there at the time.

6 hours ago, Panzerknacker said:

Remember reading about the loss of an expensive space probe because the European space agency were using metric and the spams were still taking feet yards and hogsheads . .probe missed it's target by hundreds an thousands of furlongs 

Panzerknacker 

24 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Yes that of course happened didn't it.

Incredible though it may seem, these things do happen !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, I know that Cunt said:

You ignorant uneducated ill-informed twat. Using imperial size spanners becomes second nature just like the old pounds, shillings and pence were. Just ask Decs. If it didn't work they would change it wouldn't they and they haven't so therefore it does.

Makes sense to keep a set of imp' spanners and sockets for working on modern metric stuff, invariably some fucking baboon will have partly rounded off some nut or boltheads by being a lazy cunt and resorting to mole grips, then you will usually find an imperial size spanner will fit. And a 15/16 socket fits every steering wheel nut I have ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Bit silly to assume when you're deciding the fate of millions of dollars in taxpayers money, though...

I've underlined the part that doesn't matter to them.