CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Theresa May's Diabetes

Guest Lady Penelope

Guest Lady Penelope

Some of what I have been seeing with her does make me wonder how well under control her diabetes actually is. According to reports she injects herself with insulin six times a day which seems to be a high dosage. Possibly that has an impact on mood and behaviour. It must also be a challenge injecting herself during hectic schedules such she has faced during recent weeks.

Guest Snatch
41 minutes ago, The Lady Penelope said:

Some of what I have been seeing with her does make me wonder how well under control her diabetes actually is. According to reports she injects herself with insulin six times a day which seems to be a high dosage. Possibly that has an impact on mood and behaviour. It must also be a challenge injecting herself during hectic schedules such she has faced during recent weeks.

Maybe Geldof has given her tips on injecting herself at the most inconvenient moments. That's how he "helped" his daughter.

Or so it seems.

Guest Lady Penelope
6 hours ago, Snatch said:

Maybe Geldof has given her tips on injecting herself at the most inconvenient moments. That's how he "helped" his daughter.

Or so it seems.

10 out of 10 for that one.

29 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

May has type 1 diabetes, meaning that she doesn't produce any insulin and is therefore entirely dependent on insulin injection. You can't control type 1 with diet or oral medication.

Which one arises from eating too much cake and chocolate, or is that a load of bollocks?

Guest Lady Penelope
43 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Which one arises from eating too much cake and chocolate, or is that a load of bollocks?

There is now a theory that there is a drink connection regarding diabetes type 1 developing in older people.

Type 2 diabetes is associated with obesity and poor diet, but that's not the full story. Some people will get it anyway. It was regarded as a disease of old age, but worryingly is now starting to turn up in younger people, even in their 30s and that is almost certainly due to poor diet and excess weight, especially a buildup of fat around the waist. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease, possibly triggered by a virus. There may also be a genetic factor. It starts most commonly in childhood and there's nothing you can do to avoid  it.

9 hours ago, The Lady Penelope said:

Fascinating