CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

iPhone owners

Guest Lady Penelope

2 hours ago, Ape said:

This has to be repeat bollocks. Fuck off.

Apple are in the news at present. They've recently issued an apology for the "dynamic frequency scaling" of older iPhones. This process is also known as CPU throttling or deliberately slowing down the device so newer, shiner models in the shops feel more powerful. After some denials, Apple have now come clean but say the knackering of the CPU speed was to lengthen the shelf life of the 'phone's battery. As a show of contrition the price of replacement batteries has been reduced.

When will Apple consumers learn? The tech advantage (mainly intuitive software) has long gone so punters are really paying a price premium for being fashion victims.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
3 hours ago, Ape said:

This has to be repeat bollocks. Fuck off.

What do you do to prolong battery life in your toy helicopters? Do you throttle back or are you in complete 'Airwolf Mode' every time you're in the air.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

A phone should have an end to talk in, an end to listen and some shiny buttons with numbers on in the middle and a little LCD screen so you can see who is calling / who you're calling. Anything else is superfluous including little fruit shaped emblems.

Fuck right off.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
1 minute ago, Ape said:

I’d love to hold your face in the path of the blades of my 700 sized “toy helicopter”

You're droning again Ape. Post something interesting once in a while, it's a big ask I know, but I think you'll find it enlightening.

10 minutes ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

A phone should have an end to talk in, an end to listen and some shiny buttons with numbers on in the middle and a little LCD screen so you can see who is calling / who you're calling. Anything else is superfluous including little fruit shaped emblems.

Fuck right off.

What a complete surprise! Drew isn’t a fan of smartphones. What a predictable, miserable, dull fucking wanker.

23 minutes ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

You're droning again Ape. Post something interesting once in a while, it's a big ask I know, but I think you'll find it enlightening.

I saw a scruffy, smelly homeless cunt in town throwing paper planes into the street and shouting 'Tora, Tora, Tora"

For some reason I felt I had had dealings with him somewhere. Any ideas?

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
35 minutes ago, Manky said:

I saw a scruffy, smelly homeless cunt in town throwing paper planes into the street and shouting 'Tora, Tora, Tora"

For some reason I felt I had had dealings with him somewhere. Any ideas?

If they were made out of toilet paper and seemed to be carrying a payload of little brown bombs, I think I may have a shrewd idea.

Edited by Drew P Pissflaps
Apes do throw their shit around.

3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

When will Apple consumers learn? The tech advantage (mainly intuitive software) has long gone so punters are really paying a price premium for being fashion victims.

I choose my phone manufacturer based on how much suffering they cause when they exploit third world resource, so it's Apple every time. Those dog-eating Samsung cunts with their vulnerable and bug-ridden OS get fuck all custom from me.

5 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Apple are in the news at present. They've recently issued an apology for the "dynamic frequency scaling" of older iPhones. This process is also known as CPU throttling or deliberately slowing down the device so newer, shiner models in the shops feel more powerful. After some denials, Apple have now come clean but say the knackering of the CPU speed was to lengthen the shelf life of the 'phone's battery. As a show of contrition the price of replacement batteries has been reduced.

Yes. I know. It’s been in the news. A lot. But thanks for telling me.

18 hours ago, Snatch said:

Must if the iPhone internals are made By Samsung and other such companies. A phone for cunts if ever there was one.

Strangely enough, the mobile 'phone manufacturer who has the most extensive licencing agreement over shared intellectual property rights is HTC.

22 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

So they really haven't done anything to address the issue, just made it slightly cheaper to be blatantly ripped off by them? Sounds about right.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Strangely enough, the mobile 'phone manufacturer who has the most extensive licencing agreement over shared intellectual property rights is HTC.

I'm using a shitty little HTC at the moment after my Windows Lumia died. The only good thing about it is the name: Wildfire - quite entertaining considering the ever increasing volatility of rechargeable lithium batteries these days. 

56 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

I'm using a shitty little HTC at the moment after my Windows Lumia died. The only good thing about it is the name: Wildfire - quite entertaining considering the ever increasing volatility of rechargeable lithium batteries these days. 

I use the HTC 10. One of the best on the market and better than Samsung in my opinion.

Guest Wizardsleeve
6 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I had an HTC for a short time.  

pile of shit it was.  

HTC has a history of making truly innovative products, unfortunately for every stand-out device they have also made some absolute turkeys. The HTC One and Evo 4G were ground-breaking products in their time and for a short while they surpassed Apple in the "must have" stakes amongst those who considered mobiles as a fashion accessory. Having a pissing contest as to has the best 'phone is pointless as manufacturers are constantly leap-frogging each other month to month. The problem for 'phone makers is that the smart 'phone market is saturated and any technological gain (funded by huge R&D investment) is short term as Messrs Nokia and Blackberry will testify.

Guest Wizardsleeve
5 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

HTC has a history of making truly innovative products, unfortunately for every stand-out device they have also made some absolute turkeys. The HTC One and Evo 4G were ground-breaking products in their time and for a short while they surpassed Apple in the "must have" stakes amongst those who considered mobiles as a fashion accessory. Having a pissing contest as to has the best 'phone is pointless as manufacturers are constantly leap-frogging each other month to month. The problem for 'phone makers is that the smart 'phone market is saturated and any technological gain (funded by huge R&D investment) is short term as Messrs Nokia and Blackberry will testify.

In the day, those were the very best and most reliable in communications.  Do they even compete anymore with some of the new giants?  My HTC experience was with the One...fucked off my entire contacts list on several occasions.  I'd back it up on my work PC, then reload it, and within days, it was gone again.  It's functionality up to that point was extraordinary, but the number of catastrophic failures far outweighed the positives.  The only real issues I've had with an iPhone is battery overheat and burns on my legs where I had it in pockets.  

All of these things are ridiculously over-priced.  When you consider that each new model is meant to make the last completely redundant and cuntish, it's a fools game to keep up with the latest and greatest.  I'd like my old rotary phone back on a real land line, please!  No pagers, no electronic tethers for hard working cunts....at the end of the day, nobody can get on my tits.  Tomorrow is another day for that. 

16 hours ago, Wizardsleeve said:

In the day, those were the very best and most reliable in communications.  Do they even compete anymore with some of the new giants?  My HTC experience was with the One...fucked off my entire contacts list on several occasions.  I'd back it up on my work PC, then reload it, and within days, it was gone again.  It's functionality up to that point was extraordinary, but the number of catastrophic failures far outweighed the positives.  The only real issues I've had with an iPhone is battery overheat and burns on my legs where I had it in pockets.  

All of these things are ridiculously over-priced.  When you consider that each new model is meant to make the last completely redundant and cuntish, it's a fools game to keep up with the latest and greatest.  I'd like my old rotary phone back on a real land line, please!  No pagers, no electronic tethers for hard working cunts....at the end of the day, nobody can get on my tits.  Tomorrow is another day for that. 

In some ways I miss my Blackberry. Tough as old boots, it was considered by the telecoms industry to be the most secure device due to the proprietary encryption and dedicated servers. It was the favoured device of politicians, drug dealers, crooks and security agencies worldwide. In the end, my employers, bowing to pressure from employees who wanted a larger screen replaced the units with Samsungs albeit with Blackberry security software meshed in with Android O/S plus one or two other tweeks.

Guest Lady Penelope
6 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

In some ways I miss my Blackberry. Tough as old boots, it was considered by the telecoms industry to be the most secure device due to the proprietary encryption and dedicated servers. It was the favoured device of politicians, drug dealers, crooks and security agencies worldwide. In the end, my employers, bowing to pressure from employees who wanted a larger screen replaced the units with Samsungs albeit with Blackberry security software meshed in with Android O/S plus one or two other tweeks.

Yes I miss my BlackBerrys .. Sony Xperia these days.