CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Electric cars

Guest DingTheRioja

2 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I would just like to take a moment to discuss how Roops and Snatch have managed to turn this into a cunting each other session. And after that long winded bollocks earlier, it is shameful. 

Idiots. 

I'm more impressed the way Ding has sorted the multi-quote dilemma.

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

British Telecom?

Given the reputation of their broadband reliability and the shambolic OpenReach subsidiary I'd rather not. If I'm going to be disintegrated for transportation purposes I would rather like to be reassembled in the correct order.

Guest DingTheRioja
30 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I'm more impressed the way Ding has sorted the multi-quote dilemma.

Please read earlier comment.  Pot and kettle.

32 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

PS- Shit nom, Dingers. Sort your fucking life out. 

Please read earlier comment.  Pot and kettle.

Guest Snatch
39 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I would just like to take a moment to discuss how Roops and Snatch have managed to turn this into a cunting each other session. And after that long winded bollocks earlier, it is shameful. 

Idiots. 

Of course you're not guilty of this are you. Just about every nom turns into a cunting session.

Guest MikeD
41 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Idiots. 

I didn't want to jump to conclusions Bubbles, but I'm glad that you've brought up the fact that we seem to have gone off-topic.

Guest luke swarm
15 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

Given the reputation of their broadband reliability and the shambolic OpenReach subsidiary I'd rather not. If I'm going to be disintegrated for transportation purposes I would rather like to be reassembled in the correct order.

may I recommend "The Jaunt" a short story by Stephen King....a fascinating take on teleportation that is very thought provoking.

OK back to cunting each other chaps.    

Guest MikeD
1 minute ago, luke swarm said:

may I recommend "The Jaunt" a short story by Stephen King....a fascinating take on teleportation that is very thought provoking.

OK back to cunting each other chaps.    

I thought you were getting serious there, Luke.

Fuck that!

2 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Of course you're not guilty of this are you. Just about every nom turns into a cunting session.

I am guilty of cunting, yes. Have I ever cunted you? Don't think I have. 

In fact, I do believe that I subtley fought your corner earlier. 

Guest Snatch
15 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I am guilty of cunting, yes. Have I ever cunted you? Don't think I have. 

In fact, I do believe that I subtley fought your corner earlier. 

Yes you did indeed fight my corner. I was just pointing out that I am not the only one guilty of this crime of cuntery.

The Sinclair C5 was a cunt.

3 hours ago, Manky said:

We are all doomed anyway. As I shuffle off this mortal coil in my Dr. Strangelove moment, I will not give a fuck about the environmental impact of different types of batteries or carbon emissions. The finite resources on the planet have been over depleted already.

FACT.  Too many people on the planet.

FACT.  Too many cars using too many resources.

SOLUTION.  Allow only 40 foot trucks and cyclists on the road. The cyclists not killed by the trucks will be fitter with a smaller carbon footprint. I have nothing to declare but my genius....

...and purity of essence.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
7 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

They do, unfortunately they also discharge very quickly as well. They also have a heat problem. This is due to aluminium having three electrons move from the anode to the cathode. (Lithium batteries use only one) Having said that, the core material is cheap and in plentiful supply so more research and development is warranted.

Your responses are wasted on here Roops. Have you mistaken this site for a New Scientist chatroom?

11 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Electric charging is the future, it has to be the future as carbon powered cars are not sustainable. Induction charging is an answer as vehicles can be charged whilst on the move but the infrastructure cost is horrendous. Keep a look out for hydrogen fuel cell power though......

Be careful Roops, the boys will be saying "what the fuck do us women know about cars" and "get in the kitchen and cook the dinner"! Just saying.

6 hours ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

Your responses are wasted on here Roops. Have you mistaken this site for a New Scientist chatroom?

Ha! Not sure they have a chat room. New Scientist is good if you want to keep up to speed on the entire science and technology spectrum, certainly good for reading on the beach and long journeys. Its not my professional field but I'm intrigued about a recent unexpected discovery by the Large Hadron Collider which whilst its the experimental physicist's ultimate toy it has given the theoretical physicists wet dreams 'cos it supports the notion of parallel worlds. Some go so far to say that the past, the present and the future are all happening at the same time but one either needs a very clear head or a tab of LSD to even attempt to grasp that one.......

Guest DingTheRioja
3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Ha! Not sure they have a chat room. New Scientist is good if you want to keep up to speed on the entire science and technology spectrum, certainly good for reading on the beach and long journeys. Its not my professional field but I'm intrigued about a recent unexpected discovery by the Large Hadron Collider which whilst its the experimental physicist's ultimate toy it has given the theoretical physicists wet dreams 'cos it supports the notion of parallel worlds. Some go so far to say that the past, the present and the future are all happening at the same time but one either needs a very clear head or a tab of LSD to even attempt to grasp that one.......

Or a degree iin theoretical bollocks which will never be proved one way or the other, thereby keeping themselves in research grants for years, just because they can bamboozle rich and/or govt pricks who have a lower IQ.

There are more important things they could be "thinking" about...

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

Just look around at all the electric bicycles about nowadays. Now, not only have they developed the technology to make it practical but it would appear that there are more lazy cunts that can't even summon the effort to push the pedals on a bike.

Bicycles, leading the way on evolutionary transport. Right Manky?

Guest Snatch

This electric cars business is nothing new. In 1828, Ányos Jedlik, a Hungarian cunt who invented an early type of electric motor, created a small model car powered by his new motor. In 1834, Vermont blacksmith,an American cunt I believe named Thomas Davenport built a similar contraption which operated on a short, circular, electrified track. In 1835, Professor Sibrandus Stratingh of Groningen,a clog wearing cunt from the Netherlands and his assistant Christopher Becker created a small-scale electrical car, powered by non-rechargeable primary cells. Which was probably a waste of time.

Scalextric is a cunt.

Guest MikeD
1 minute ago, Snatch said:

This electric cars business is nothing new. In 1828, Ányos Jedlik, a Hungarian cunt who invented an early type of electric motor, created a small model car powered by his new motor. In 1834, Vermont blacksmith,an American cunt I believe named Thomas Davenport built a similar contraption which operated on a short, circular, electrified track. In 1835, Professor Sibrandus Stratingh of Groningen,a clog wearing cunt from the Netherlands and his assistant Christopher Becker created a small-scale electrical car, powered by non-rechargeable primary cells. Which was probably a waste of time.

Scalextric is a cunt.

Quite right, fucking foreigners.

Guest deebom
12 hours ago, DingTheRioja said:

Or a degree iin theoretical bollocks which will never be proved one way or the other, thereby keeping themselves in research grants for years, just because they can bamboozle rich and/or govt pricks who have a lower IQ.

There are more important things they could be "thinking" about...

Teslas are fucking incredible. Fast as fuck, safe like no other vehicle and they look nice. But... They are small compared to the main car manufacturers, BMW alone sunk 10 billion into the i3 project. All of them are developing electric cars and Tesla simply don't have the resources to compete in the long term. But what they have done is shown the world just how good electric cars are, and should be. They'll prob end up being bought out by VAG or someone.

The hadron collider is the thing showing us that atoms contain universes and physics isn't as clear cut as we think.

• 9 months later...