CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

WOT, no Brexit plan!!

Witheredscrote

Guest Gong Farmer
14 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

You need marmite, I hate the stuff and you need to take it all whether you like it or not.

And besides, talking of self sufficiency, didnt you say just the other week you drive across the border to do all your shopping where its cheaper, along with thousands of your fellow countrymen?  That's a very good way of keeping your country stable, sending all your money abroad.... Very self sufficient as well...

To be honest, I have to agree to an extent with Punkers, not on the religious bollocks side of sin, but on the moral side of sin, HIV and AIDS is caused, or rather propogated, by people who practice all sorts of dodgy goings on (gay and straight), they know it's wrong, they know they might catch it and it might kill them, but they persist in not practising safe sex and then expect us to pay the fucking bill.  Fuck 'em (not literally), they deserve it.

Europe is not tearing itself apart? Greece, Germany, possibly France, and soon to be Italy, Spain and Portugal.  Financially fucked or dying, and far right parties gaining serious ground, not some Daily Mail fantasy, but political reality, have a look over your border at Scrotes place..

As for your grandaughter (and this is not a dig at family so fuck off Rick), there is a +95% chance she will be working within 25 miles of where she lives now, about the same as me.  I also have the chance to work anywhere in europe, Brexit will not stop employers from hiring the right person whatever the fucking borders say, in either direction.

That cunt Carney has backed off his original stance, since he was proven wrong, like half the remoaners.

I wish we could do that, but the fucking liberals stop us doing it, oh, did I say liberals?

Absolutely I spend my money over the border, it's my prerogative to do so under current EU legislation as are Germans free to do the same, which they do. It's about our respective countries having the autonomy to be able to set their own tax rates, nothing to do with Brussels and the freedom to spend our Euros where we like with the minimum amount of hassle and.... if I'm correct the same thing was happening between Northern Ireland and the Republic. The UK government have said that they quite like that little thing going on between NI and the Republic so are not planning to change it. How ironic is that?

See your point about getting the best person for the job but I can imagine that most EU based companies won't have to look very far within Europe it's self to get a multilingualed  European to fill the vacancy without all the bollocks of having to get work visas and residency documentation, at least I wouldn't bother going to all that trouble if I knew I could get the right person for the job on my door step who could hit the ground running. I wouldn't bother with it if I was a UK based company either.

""Greece, Germany, possibly France, and soon to be Italy, Spain and Portugal Financially fucked or dying, and far right parties gaining serious ground, not some Daily Mail fantasy, but political reality, have a look over your border at Scrotes place.."" So the Daily Mail keep saying, and keep saying on and on and on over what must be years now. The last time I looked they're all still very much alive and kicking despite all their problems and are all in recovery, slow pick up but all in recovery. I can''t see anyone voting in a party that would jeopardize that. It's not as bad here as your right wing media would like to have you believe, seriously, it really isn't that scary and dire.

Guest Gong Farmer
20 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I was merely countering your point about being "self-sufficient". In point of fact fuel is Holland's largest import accounting for 29% of the import bill according to The Trading Economics website.

As for your second para, I took my cue from your own comment that the EU in general and Brexit in particular was not an issue in Europe. That point is debatable but my pro-Brexit stance was documented on this site for reasons of self-determination and for economic reasons. I am also on record pre-referendum that the economic case by both sides was exaggerated and that I relied on my own instincts. Life will go on in Europe without the UK but Project Europe can only work if there is total harmonisation of fiscal and monetary policy between member states and as the Eurocrats keep hinting on, this can only happen with total euro integration...

Anglo/Dutch owned, Royal Dutch Shell, so I'm pretty sure the Netherlands is self sufficient regarding fuel. Total harmonization keeps being hinted on, but that's about as far as it goes. Most EU countries are run by coalition governments that keep each other in check with vetos, so full integration will only ever be hinted at and never be realized, it's called democracy. 

Out of interest... what EU law or dictate other than that regarding immigration, legal or otherwise concerned you the most to vote to leave? If indeed you did vote to leave? 

Guest Lady Penelope
31 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

Anglo/Dutch owned, Royal Dutch Shell, so I'm pretty sure the Netherlands is self sufficient regarding fuel. Total harmonization keeps being hinted on, but that's about as far as it goes. Most EU countries are run by coalition governments that keep each other in check with vetos, so full integration will only ever be hinted at and never be realized, it's called democracy. 

Out of interest... what EU law or dictate other than that regarding immigration, legal or otherwise concerned you the most to vote to leave? If indeed you did vote to leave? 

Everything indicates that Mrs R voted leave as indeed I did.

Guest Lady Penelope
58 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

I ventured into the principality a couple of times in the weeks before the vote. I Cardiff I found some remain posters. A few miles to the east in Newport leaves seemed to predominate. I couple of week later I ventured in North Wales there I consistently found leave as the opinion, even crosses the Conwy into Welsh speaking Wales and leave poster were in most of the shops and what little I could hear than I understood th opinions were towards leave. Being ex railway I inevitably bumped into a few people that I knew. The sentiments were "leave". As one of them said industry and jobs all gone even the summer holiday jobs mostly taken by East Europeans.

1 hour ago, Gong Farmer said:

Precisely, all vested commercial and national interests playing with vetos only serves to reinforce my point about the UK being better equipped to make deals with the rest of the world in a fraction of the time than the EU takes. How democratic was it that the recently signed CETA deal was nearly derailed by Wallonia? All future deals by UK will be based on UK needs and not have to take into account of 26 other nations.

1 hour ago, Gong Farmer said:

Shell's dutch refineries which supplies petrol, plastics and pharmaceuticals can only operate with imported crude oil.

I voted leave as stated by me pre-referendum. Aside from that, how long have you got? In the interests of brevity I'll give you three examples.

1/ Britain was obliged by EU law to set a 15% VAT rate on household energy bills.

2/ Directive 2006/126/EC states that diabetics who receive regular insulin treatment should be granted driving licences "only in very exceptional circumstances". Governments across the EU have naturally been stalling on enforcing this, however this has been updated so its only a matter of time. Fortunately, not our problem.

3/ Vape fluid was going to be limited to 18 mg nicotine strength and sold in containers no larger than 10 ml on the basis that children may accidentally drink the stuff neat - 2 ltr bottles of household cleaners is fine.

As I said I prefer self-determination. I genuinely feel the UK will be better served without the Eurocracy dictating every aspect of our affairs and regulating the minutiae of everyday life at considerable cost to the tax payer.

Guest Lady Penelope

Royal Dutch Shell existed long before we joined what was the then EEC, we co-operated with France on Corcorde, again mostly long before we joined the then EEC, most of these multi-national companies have existed from times long before the EEC and they reach far beyond the borders of the EU there is no reason why they will not continue in business in the same way as they have always done. Beyond this though a problem with membership of the EEC and EU is that many of our companies have been taken over by German and French (often partially state owned or state funded) we have also had the curious situation of banks being taken over by Spanish and Portugese banks in spite of those countries have economies in meltdown that in a real world situation would not be able to afford to do so.

Guest Lady Penelope

What I do find fascinating is that all these independence parties seem to love the EU, it is as if they would rather be slowly stiffled and merged with this soul less entity rather than succesfully continue to deal with the known and smaller enemy just over the border and with who they have most of their trade .. a trade that is mostly safe and reliable.

The British politicians should be here reading this as there seems to be more knowledge of what will happen if and when the UK leaves the EU than any of the so-called experts know. As for immigration,it will not change a fucking thing. They talk about taking control back of the borders. Aren't they already controlled with passport control and customs?

There are an alleged 1.2 million or so illegal immigrants in the UK.  And they talk about control? They couldn't organise a fuck up in whorehouse.

Whatever happens the average cunt on the street will be fucked up the arse either by a European or a home grown prick.

Guest Gong Farmer
52 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Precisely, all vested commercial and national interests playing with vetos only serves to reinforce my point about the UK being better equipped to make deals with the rest of the world in a fraction of the time than the EU takes. How democratic was it that the recently signed CETA deal was nearly derailed by Wallonia? All future deals by UK will be based on UK needs and not have to take into account of 26 other nations.

Shell's dutch refineries which supplies petrol, plastics and pharmaceuticals can only operate with imported crude oil.

I voted leave as stated by me pre-referendum. Aside from that, how long have you got? In the interests of brevity I'll give you three examples.

1/ Britain was obliged by EU law to set a 15% VAT rate on household energy bills.

2/ Directive 2006/126/EC states that diabetics who receive regular insulin treatment should be granted driving licences "only in very exceptional circumstances". Governments across the EU have naturally been stalling on enforcing this, however this has been updated so its only a matter of time. Fortunately, not our problem.

3/ Vape fluid was going to be limited to 18 mg nicotine strength and sold in containers no larger than 10 ml on the basis that children may accidentally drink the stuff neat - 2 ltr bottles of household cleaners is fine.

As I said I prefer self-determination. I genuinely feel the UK will be better served without the Eurocracy dictating every aspect of our affairs and regulating the minutiae of everyday life at considerable cost to the tax payer.

That's what you voted to leave on? Vape juice and driving licences for diabetics?Fucking hell!  I thought you might have given more than that. I asked you a serious question and you take the piss. And then on top of that you honestly believe that this Eurocracy somehow dictates every aspect of your life. Now I'm known to like a good conspiracy theory but the snake oil salesman couldn't have flogged me that one let alone that the UK has no control of it's borders. Please don't tell me you fell for that one too,

Guest DingTheRioja
7 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

That's what you voted to leave on? Vape juice and driving licences for diabetics?Fucking hell!  I thought you might have given more than that. I asked you a serious question and you take the piss. And then on top of that you honestly believe that this Eurocracy somehow dictates every aspect of your life. Now I'm known to like a good conspiracy theory but the snake oil salesman couldn't have flogged me that one let alone that the UK has no control of it's borders. Please don't tell me you fell for that one too,

Why did we have to go to the ECHR to remove a known terrorist supporter and hate preacher from our shores then? 

Apparently British courts telling him to fuck off home wasn't enough, we needed "approval" from the EU...

Guest Gong Farmer
1 minute ago, DingTheRioja said:

Why did we have to go to the ECHR to remove a known terrorist supporter and hate preacher from our shores then? 

Apparently British courts telling him to fuck off home wasn't enough, we needed "approval" from the EU...

I think that's probably got more to do with the way the UK interprets EU and the Human Rights laws. Look, your government has for years omitted to inform you that they have to right to remove anyone they please from their shores, they just don't do it. The same laws that remove people from my country apply to your country too. Even EU citizens don't have the right to stay in another EU country if they don't fit the criteria of the said country. To stay they must either have a job, have sufficiënt funds to support themselves if unemployed and have health insurance. That's an EU ruling that's been put in place for good reason. You cannot come to my country or any other EU country and expect to stay without fitting all the criteria whilst enjoying the full rights of a national, it just doesn't work like that. I know this because I've been through the system of emigrating to another EU country. I could never understand the logic of Farrage when he used to say that the UK has opened the doors to millions of potential EU immigrants because I'd never seen it work that way here. I can only assume that he was lying or at best was just plain ignorant of the laws. I'm going with the former as I don't believe a man of his intelligence wouldn't be aware of such laws laid down by the very institution he's an elected member of.

14 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

No, not at all - and I notice you didn't mention my example about the EU deciding what the UK may or may not tax its citizens on. You assumed that it had to be one law that concerned me the most for me to vote leave. My point was that EU was regulating on all aspects of how we live. I gave three examples that were as diverse as possible simply to make a point. It now seems you hope to undermine my opinion by inferring that I "fell for that one too" being a victim of the dastardly "right wing press" mind manipulation. You sound like a remoaner calling a Brexiteer "thick". I haven't fallen for anything. My argument is and always has been about self-determination, sovereignty and the economic case.

Guest Gong Farmer
1 hour ago, Snatch said:

The British politicians should be here reading this as there seems to be more knowledge of what will happen if and when the UK leaves the EU than any of the so-called experts know. As for immigration,it will not change a fucking thing. They talk about taking control back of the borders. Aren't they already controlled with passport control and customs?

There are an alleged 1.2 million or so illegal immigrants in the UK.  And they talk about control? They couldn't organise a fuck up in whorehouse.

Whatever happens the average cunt on the street will be fucked up the arse either by a European or a home grown prick.

Ah but they'll get there sovereignty back. The irony is staggering when you consider that all along it was their own government denying them a democratic vote on the EU issue and not actually the EU it's self that apparently (dictates every aspect of their lives). You couldn't make it up.

24 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

Ah but they'll get there sovereignty back. The irony is staggering when you consider that all along it was their own government denying them a democratic vote on the EU issue and not actually the EU it's self that apparently (dictates every aspect of their lives). You couldn't make it up.

Let's give it time and see what happens. Maybe the leavers will be begging to come back in to the EU or the remainers will be glad they left.

What exactly has he UK got to offer? The Military is one of the best in the world but what else?

Answers on a (very small) postcard.

Guest Gong Farmer
15 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

No, not at all - and I notice you didn't mention my example about the EU deciding what the UK may or may not tax its citizens on. You assumed that it h to be one law that concerned me the most for me to vote leave. My point was that EU was regulating on all aspects of how we live. I gave three examples that were as diverse as possible simply to make a point. It now seems you hope to undermine my opinion by inferring that I "fell for that one too" being a victim of the dastardly "right wing press" mind manipulation. You sound like a remoaner calling a Brexiteer "thick". I haven't fallen for anything. My argument is and always has been about self-determination, sovereignty and the economic case.

It would have been pointless to have commented on the moot tax point. You're going to get taxed anyway so it matters not who you pay it to and who squanders it and you won't paying any less tax than what you already do.  Also I didn't imply that you are thick but I will if you keep up this fallacy that the EU regulates all aspects of your life. What does that even mean? You make it sound like you live your life at wrong end of a rifle. It's well established that 85% of news is actually made up 'mind manipulation' as you call it, I'd call it agenda based opinion forming, it's all mostly propaganda but I'm not the conspiracy theorist here so we'll call it mind manipulation if you like, your call. You're not thick, you've just chosen to be ill informed and as a result opted to make a rash decision based on a load untruths and twaddle, That's all, although I think that that's probably worse than being thick as you can't then use being thick for your gullibility. 

24 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

Most definitely, we were having our pissers pulled about this, but that is what governments do on pretty much everything. I think we were given a referendum by Cameron so cunts would turn out and vote for him in 2015, which they did, or else cunts who usually vote conservative may have voted UKIP, thus decreasing the conservative's chances of gaining a majority. It was also a way of settling the twenty odd year indifference about the EU that had manifested itself in the party. 

Where he fucked up was in not getting the result he expected.

Sovereignty is an ambiguous term as I interpret it. Firstly, it is UK plc and all else is sentiment. As it is a business, it makes no sense being attached to a club that has allowed too many basket cases membership. The internal political workings of the sleazy cunts here are enough to cope with, let alone the 26 other members. I don't doubt there is the ability amongst the population to make a success of leaving the EU, I do doubt the political will.

29 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

That's all, although I think that that's probably worse than being thick as you can't then use being thick for your gullibility. 

Apparently I'm thick according to our resident Mensa bosses.

I let them think that,it keeps their tiny minds happy.

4 hours ago, Lady Penelope said:

I ventured into the principality a couple of times in the weeks before the vote. I Cardiff I found some remain posters. A few miles to the east in Newport leaves seemed to predominate. I couple of week later I ventured in North Wales there I consistently found leave as the opinion, even crosses the Conwy into Welsh speaking Wales and leave poster were in most of the shops and what little I could hear than I understood th opinions were towards leave. Being ex railway I inevitably bumped into a few people that I knew. The sentiments were "leave". As one of them said industry and jobs all gone even the summer holiday jobs mostly taken by East Europeans.

Any cryptographers on here that could help me out with this one? I got a question right on Only Connect the other night, and even I'm having trouble here.

Guest I know that Cunt
18 hours ago, Gong Farmer said:

Europe tearing it's self apart? You've been reading that Daily Mail again haven't you? I've got a six year old granddaughter, tri lingual in Dutch, German and English with a choice of 27 countries to choose to live and work in when she's old enough. With respect, you by voting Brexit have taken that chance away from your Grandson, or at least made it harder for him to gain access to a larger job market, unlike he's European counterpart his going to be limited,  so he'll be thanking you later for that one I should imagine. At least once you've kicked all the those filthy Europeans out of your country he'll be able to get a job at Starbucks on a zero hour contract where zero hour contracts are illegal or heavily regulated to full member EU countries. Another thing he'll thank you profusely for. ''Cheers Granddad, I really didn't want that summer job in Spain during my gap year!!!'

Yeah well done Granddad.

All you have to do is light the blue touchpaper, stand well back and BOOOM