CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Homelessness.

Guest 'eavensabove

1 hour ago, Roadkill said:

Sounds like a quick fix to appease lower income workers who are peeved that most of their monthly wage goes on rent. When you find yourself in such a situation it's easy to imagine your landlord as some rich cunt, reclined on a chaise lounge whilst being fed fresh grapes by topless concubines and fanned with palm leaves, as you sit down to your Tesco Value noodle cup, because branded Pot Noodles are too extravagant for you.

Of course they don't mention the fact that Thatcher's government started selling off social housing on the cheap to tenets and pocketing the cash with no intention of building replacement homes, thus causing the entire housing crisis and high rent shit-storm that we witness today, better to just point the finger at the landlords and hope the peasants they house are dumb and selfish enough to miss who the real cunts are.

29 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

It would once take 3 years to save enough for a deposit on a mortgage... It now takes the average person 20 years. Nobody can point the blame at ALL landlords for making rent charges what they are, or the cost of housing, but wage increases fall well short of what the average person needs in order to live. If the Councils (for example) built more housing and sold it at cost, then it would go someway to help. They should not be a profit-making or profit orientated 'Company' and although I make you right about Thatcher, what was done has been done and it should no longer be the excuse... It can cost as little as £25k to build a home and even less if they were to bring back pre-fabs which many who lived in them swore by them. Modern-day mobile homes could address the National shortage of affordable places in which to live and the sooner they bring them back wide-scale, then the better in my book. 

Can't disagree with any of that. The concept of bringing the great unwashed into home-ownership (and increase the Tory voter base) was sound but Thatcher's government messed up not so much with the discounts but with the preemption clauses which allowed the council-house buyers to sell too early without penalty. At the same time the private rental market exploded when the Shorthold Tenancy was introduced and then really took off when Gordon Brown raided the pension funds. People with cash saw better income and capital gain returns from residential property rentals rather than equities and pension funds which were more difficult to understand and were perceived as more risky.

26 minutes ago, Eddie said:

in a nutshell buy to let will be unattractive to most landlords by 2020 as most have at least 80% of the property value on mortgage. The smart cunts will be unloading their property portfolio now. Good news for the average first time buyer cunt trying to get on the ladder.

Why is this the case?  I would have thought low interest rates for the foreseeable future will only encourage this activity

17 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Why is this the case?  I would have thought low interest rates for the foreseeable future will only encourage this activity

Under the new system you will pay tax on the entire rental income regardless of mortgage amount that is paid out every month

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Under the new system you will pay tax on the entire rental income regardless of mortgage amount that is paid out every month

Cheers.

I don't see how that will last. Sounds like a cack handed way of collapsing the rental market.

Also, surely some smart arsed law person or bean counter will find a loophole? 

Guest nobgobbler
3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I know what point you are making, I was addressing the issue of paying an accountant four times a year which is not necessary.

I agree the requirements to pay quarterly seems discriminatory though I suspect the reasons are other than the one you have given. As you know, if you are principally a residential landlord, you've had to revise your profit & loss margins and return on equity percentages as the mortgage interest relief is currently being phased out. (For the uninitiated, landlords could treat all of the interest component in any borrowings as a cost item on the P&L sheet. This will eventually be reduced to only 20% of the value) I believe this is part of an agenda to cool down the housing market which has overheated, due in part to Buy To Let house purchasers flooding the market. Amazingly, the government's official line on the tax changes is that this will not impact on house prices nor rent levels but may marginally reduce demand. Depending on how high your residential portfolio is and the extent of your borrowings you may wish to speak with a good tax accountant and become a Limited Company (who can still treat all interest as a cost item) or leave the residential market and invest in commercial space (avoid retail for the moment).

It feels rather grubby discussing business on the homeless thread. A homeless guy froze to death in the park near me at christmas and I still feel shit about it. I used to see him when walking the dog, he always said hello and never asked for anything. Wish I'd given him a tenner.

Guest Snatch
3 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

... and what point are you therefore making about homelessness

3 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

It would once take 3 years to save enough for a deposit on a mortgage... It now takes the average person 20 years. Nobody can point the blame at ALL landlords for making rent charges what they are, or the cost of housing, but wage increases fall well short of what the average person needs in order to live. If the Councils (for example) built more housing and sold it at cost, then it would go someway to help. They should not be a profit-making or profit orientated 'Company' and although I make you right about Thatcher, what was done has been done and it should no longer be the excuse... It can cost as little as £25k to build a home and even less if they were to bring back pre-fabs which many who lived in them swore by them. Modern-day mobile homes could address the National shortage of affordable places in which to live and the sooner they bring them back wide-scale, then the better in my book. 

What point are you making about homelessness? 

1 hour ago, nobgobbler said:

It feels rather grubby discussing business on the homeless thread. A homeless guy froze to death in the park near me at christmas and I still feel shit about it. I used to see him when walking the dog, he always said hello and never asked for anything. Wish I'd given him a tenner.

I used to walk through the park by tower Bridge on my way back to London Bridge station. Every once in a while i would drop an old tramp a couple of quid out of pity. That was until I spotted him knocking one out by a tree in broad daylight, the dirty cunt. I hope he froze to death.

Guest DingTheRioja
On 28/05/2017 at 10:41 PM, Alfie Noakes said:

Tory scaremongers would like you to think that this country is rife with benefit cheats. Actual benefit fraud is less than 1% of the total paid out.

Stop labelling claimants as fraudsters and look at tax avoidance schemes, like the ones punkape wishes he had the money to be a part of.

I'd be very surprised at that, a certain town i know, very large and with plenty of work to go around, has entire estates of cunts who will not work and know how to work the system, they are the generational doleys, parents didn't work, they don't work and their brats will not work.  It's not due to inability to work, but because they don't want to work, they are professional doleys and there is a fucking large number of these places all over the country.  There is enough work to get a good half of them off the dole, but the system is fucked, people with needs get fuck all, and people who are lazy but know how to, get paid.

This is fraud.

On 29/05/2017 at 10:56 AM, 'eavensabove said:

Even some working folks are having to use food banks. Nurses too for example. Many others also have no alternative but to claim benefits, such as carers who as far as I'm concerned work their bollocks off 24/7 without any respite, let alone a Bank Holiday break. Their wages for caring equates to 37p per hour, whilst if their family member was to be placed into Council care, would cost in excess of £350 per day... 

A lad I know got brain damage from a fall, can't work, and now his missus has to care for him 24/7 because he is incapable of being left alone for long, they get fuckall, something like £120 pw.  How the fuck can anyone survive on that?

However someone's advised them she can claim a carers allowance or something which is based on minimum wage or similar, but based on the number of hours he needs care as defined by the hospitals assessment, so hopefully the poor cunt can get proper care.

6 hours ago, nobgobbler said:

That's not really the point. This is personal income tax that all other self employed people declare annually. Why should landlords be treated differently? I suspect it's the thin end of the wedge.

The govt are trying to force out small private landlords, they don't want us to have our hands in the pie, they want to keep it for their mates.  I cant see how the fuck they can say that mortgage interest is not an allowable expense, especially when you consider that holiday homes count, and most of those are peoples own holiday homes which they rent out for a few weeks so they can claim all the interest on the books, even though they only let to mates for a few weeks of the year.

We are the easy target, same as motorists, look at how quick the cunts jumped on the deisel bandwagon, like that arsehole from Londonistan.

4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I know what point you are making, I was addressing the issue of paying an accountant four times a year which is not necessary.

I agree the requirements to pay quarterly seems discriminatory though I suspect the reasons are other than the one you have given. As you know, if you are principally a residential landlord, you've had to revise your profit & loss margins and return on equity percentages as the mortgage interest relief is currently being phased out. (For the uninitiated, landlords could treat all of the interest component in any borrowings as a cost item on the P&L sheet. This will eventually be reduced to only 20% of the value) I believe this is part of an agenda to cool down the housing market which has overheated, due in part to Buy To Let house purchasers flooding the market. Amazingly, the government's official line on the tax changes is that this will not impact on house prices nor rent levels but may marginally reduce demand. Depending on how high your residential portfolio is and the extent of your borrowings you may wish to speak with a good tax accountant and become a Limited Company (who can still treat all interest as a cost item) or leave the residential market and invest in commercial space (avoid retail for the moment).

Eh?

Overheating due to BTL-ers flooding the market?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I used to walk through the park by tower Bridge on my way back to London Bridge station. Every once in a while i would drop an old tramp a couple of quid out of pity. That was until I spotted him knocking one out by a tree in broad daylight, the dirty cunt. I hope he froze to death.

How do you think I felt after handing a tenner to a one legged bloke with a sign saying he was a Falklands veteran, left homeless and hungry, and he smiled at me and said, "Muchos gracias Señor".

• Like 1

Guest nobgobbler
37 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

How do you think I felt after handing a tenner to a one legged bloke with a sign saying he was a Falklands veteran, left homeless and hungry, and he smiled at me and said, "Muchos gracias Señor".

You should have stuck your foot out. At least you would have had a laugh watching him struggling to get back up again.

Guest 'eavensabove
6 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Can't disagree with any of that. The concept of bringing the great unwashed into home-ownership (and increase the Tory voter base) was sound but Thatcher's government messed up not so much with the discounts but with the preemption clauses which allowed the council-house buyers to sell too early without penalty. At the same time the private rental market exploded when the Shorthold Tenancy was introduced and then really took off when Gordon Brown raided the pension funds. People with cash saw better income and capital gain returns from residential property rentals rather than equities and pension funds which were more difficult to understand and were perceived as more risky.

It's all Jargon... Just BUILD the fucking things!  I 'think' it may have been Essex Council, who rather than pay Housing Benefit or pay for families in B&B etc., they gave the Mortgage Deposit money to allow working  folks to purchase privately. Good Idea? Of course it is, and more Councils could, and should, follow suit. 

Guest 'eavensabove
2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yep it goes on. Likewise, when I lived abroad I'd give this street-dwelling Mother some money most days of the week, until that is, I see her smack her baby when she spotted me approaching... I waved a tenner in her face, crossed the road and gave it to another. It's not easy to distinguish the 'real' needy, but the fucking Councils could, and should. 

Guest 'eavensabove
1 hour ago, DingTheRioja said:

I'd be very surprised at that, a certain town i know, very large and with plenty of work to go around, has entire estates of cunts who will not work and know how to work the system, they are the generational doleys, parents didn't work, they don't work and their brats will not work.  It's not due to inability to work, but because they don't want to work, they are professional doleys and there is a fucking large number of these places all over the country.  There is enough work to get a good half of them off the dole, but the system is fucked, people with needs get fuck all, and people who are lazy but know how to, get paid.

This is fraud.

A lad I know got brain damage from a fall, can't work, and now his missus has to care for him 24/7 because he is incapable of being left alone for long, they get fuckall, something like £120 pw.  How the fuck can anyone survive on that?

However someone's advised them she can claim a carers allowance or something which is based on minimum wage or similar, but based on the number of hours he needs care as defined by the hospitals assessment, so hopefully the poor cunt can get proper care.

The govt are trying to force out small private landlords, they don't want us to have our hands in the pie, they want to keep it for their mates.  I cant see how the fuck they can say that mortgage interest is not an allowable expense, especially when you consider that holiday homes count, and most of those are peoples own holiday homes which they rent out for a few weeks so they can claim all the interest on the books, even though they only let to mates for a few weeks of the year.

We are the easy target, same as motorists, look at how quick the cunts jumped on the deisel bandwagon, like that arsehole from Londonistan.

Eh?

Overheating due to BTL-ers flooding the market?

Fuckin' 'ell Ding... cut out the multi quotes fer ficksake! 

Anyway, its no secret that I also used to care for my Son, 24/7 full-on and solid for 15 years. I got £60 per week and even THAT was taken from my self-employed wages. On the occasions he went away on respite, I'd get a nightly bill for £370 per night. "That is what it costs to care for somebody" they told me... Really? He would go from Friday to Monday, so work that out for yourself. Sixty fucking quid per WEEK is a fucking insult to ANY carer. AMEN

Guest Spanky
5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Well he was homeless. Maybe he hadn't saved up enough pound notes for a purpose built masturbarium.

10 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

A few years back I went with my husband to a local council-run landlord's forum meeting mainly out of interest (property investment is his gig). I was struck how a good proportion of landlords were too emotionally tied to the properties and didn't take a business-like approach. Other things I noted was that the meeting was dull but the council provided an excellent buffet afterwards!

Well, you learn something new every day! I hadn't been aware properties in Wales accrue value and are seen as investments.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

Well surely if the landlords profit is effected they will look to limit the losses by increasing rents to carry some of the burden of this decreasing tax relief. If the demand is still there, why wouldn't you?

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
12 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

Anyway, its no secret that I also used to care for my Son, 24/7 full-on and solid for 15 years. I got £60 per week and even THAT was taken from my self-employed wages. On the occasions he went away on respite, I'd get a nightly bill for £370Iper night. "That is what it cost  to care for somebody" they told me... Really? He would go from Friday to Monday, so work that out for yourself. Sixty fucking quid per WEEK is a fucking insult to ANY carer. AMEN

yes we know it was no secret because like a fucking moron you let everyone on a site called Cunts Corner know and the had a JazzFit from the fall-out. One might have thought you would have learned a lesson last time yet here you are again. Fuck off to MumsNet if you want a response with sympathy. And before you have another meltdown, i cannot take any of the blame for the shit you endured last time. Even cunts have moral standards.

Guest nobgobbler
23 minutes ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

yes we know it was no secret because like a fucking moron you let everyone on a site called Cunts Corner know and the had a JazzFit from the fall-out. One might have thought you would have learned a lesson last time yet here you are again. Fuck off to MumsNet if you want a response with sympathy. And before you have another meltdown, i cannot take any of the blame for the shit you endured last time. Even cunts have moral standards.

It's hardly his fault this time is it? He returned to the site under a new monika presumably to make a new start, and plenty of other members where constantly picking at the jazz scab from day one, calling every new member jazz until they finally got it right.

Guest DingTheRioja
6 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

...as I said, due in part.

I still need an explanation of that...

13 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

No, greater men than thine have tried, and failed, to tame me...!

Guest nobgobbler
4 hours ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

Well surely if the landlords profit is effected they will look to limit the losses by increasing rents to carry some of the burden of this decreasing tax relief. If the demand is still there, why wouldn't you?

That works in and around london. Everywhere else the chances are your tenants wouldn't afford a rent increase. It would just leave most landlords with longer void periods with no rent at all coming in. Will you please send me your address so that if I ever become homeless I can come round and shit on your door step. Thank you.