Jump to content
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....
Last Cunt Standing

The Death of The 747

Recommended Posts

Perhaps I’m alone in thinking it a bit of a Cunt that this week the world, or at least most of it, says goodbye to the 747. Other than the microchip, has any other piece of engineering so changed the world in the last 50 years? It was always a great start to a trip to see the Jumbo roar into the sky from a Heathrow car park, and it was a symbol of a different age, of energy and interconnectivity, and excellence. Far-off places were full of opportunity and promise. Now look at us. A shrunken, sullen and drab world where the modern flight experience is to shuffle onto a blue and yellow tube at Stansted, be crammed in to your rigid thin seat and be barked at by aggressive Czech Lesbians if you hesitate over paying £12 for a ham roll. Some joy has gone out of the world, as it always does when accountants run things.

Farewell Old Girl. 🛫

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it’s a pity you weren’t on one of them when they dropped out of the sky you fucking fake bullshitter. Although any plane would do, to be honest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, judgetwi said:

Yeah, it’s a pity you weren’t on one of them when they dropped out of the sky you fucking fake bullshitter. Although any plane would do, to be honest.

That’s a bit uncharitable you fat Cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, judgetwi said:

Yeah, it’s a pity you weren’t on one of them when they dropped out of the sky you fucking fake bullshitter. Although any plane would do, to be honest.

Hit the ground running there, Pancho.

It’s almost like you lay in wait for certain punters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

That’s a bit uncharitable you fat Cunt.

I’m not a believer in the charity game Bertie Boy. That’s where rich cunts like David Millionaireband can be CEOs of what are, essentially corporations, and fill their pockets with the money they have screwed out of soft cunts and their pals in government. After taking their massive cut they spend the rest on sending paedophiles to poor countries to screw little girls and boys. 

Oh, by the way Bertie Boy, if you think your personal insults are going to shut me up and stop me ripping the piss out of you, you are dreaming mate. You know what you really want to call me don’t you Bertie? Go on.......treat yourself. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, judgetwi said:

I’m not a believer in the charity game Bertie Boy. That’s where rich cunts like David Millionaireband can be CEOs of what are, essentially corporations, and fill their pockets with the money they have screwed out of soft cunts and their pals in government. After taking their massive cut they spend the rest on sending paedophiles to poor countries to screw little girls and boys. 

Oh, by the way Bertie Boy, if you think your personal insults are going to shut me up and stop me ripping the piss out of you, you are dreaming mate. You know what you really want to call me don’t you Bertie? Go on.......treat yourself. 😁

I’m pleased to say we have yet more in common, Judy; neither of us knows what the fuck you’re on about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, southerncunt said:

Hit the ground running there, Pancho.

It’s almost like you lay in wait for certain punters.

He hasn’t run in twenty years mate, and as for lying in wait, there isn’t a trench big enough for the fella to hunker down in. Maybe the Mariana. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

He hasn’t run in twenty years mate, and as for lying in wait, there isn’t a trench big enough for the fella to hunker down in. Maybe the Mariana. 

Come on Bertie. You don’t seriously think that calling me a fat cripple is going to shut me up do you? If I haven’t run in 20 years what makes you think i’m going to run away from a hopeless braggart like you who has run away from his  own country? You are dreaming Bertie Boy if you think that’s going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, judgetwi said:

Come on Bertie. You don’t seriously think that calling me a fat cripple is going to shut me up do you? If I haven’t run in 20 years what makes you think i’m going to run away from a hopeless braggart like you who has run away from his  own country? You are dreaming Bertie Boy if you think that’s going to happen. 

Why do I want or need to shut you up? I almost enjoy the consistency of your regular nonsense, and The Corner wouldn’t be the same without it. You attract all manner of derision for it and I have a sneaking suspicion that’s really why you do it.

And for the umpteenth time I didn’t run away, I flew. I retired to the sunshine with my wife after a career dealing with 30 plus problems a day at ten minute intervals. You are an arch Brexiteer who champions the right to leave when you don’t like the way the wind is blowing. Which is exactly what I did, yet you clearly loathe me for it, or at least you seem to when you aren’t telling me it’s bullshit. I’m amazed you can’t see the huge, yawning contradiction. Oh, and it’s still “my” country even if I’m not physically in it, otherwise you’d be Spanish or French for two weeks of the year and presumably disappear up your own fundament in outrage and self-loathing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Why do I want or need to shut you up? I almost enjoy the consistency of your nonsense, and The Corner wouldn’t be the same without it. 

And for the umpteenth time I didn’t run away, I flew business class. I retired to the sunshine with my wife after a career dealing with 30 plus problems a day in ten minute intervals. You are an arch Brexiteer who champions the right to leave when you don’t like the way the wind is blowing. Which is exactly what I did, yet you loathe me for it, between telling me it’s bullshit. I’m amazed you can’t see the huge, yawning contradiction. Oh, and it’s still “my” country even if I’m not in it, otherwise you’d be Spanish or French for two weeks of the year and presumably disappear up your own fundament. 

I was an “arch brexiteer” for donkeys years Bertie and I couldn’t  believe it when they gave us the vote. Even then I didn’t believe we could win it. You’ve got every political party, every media outlet and every sleb serving up the Establishment shit for mugs like you to swallow. The turning point was when Barry O’Bummer turned up and waved his little finger at us. Nobody likes foreigners telling them what to do, that’s just a fact. If you don’t understand that then you are thicker than I thought. I still didn’t think we could win until the last weekend when they turned out Blair, Brown, Major, Campbell, Heseltine, Mandelson etc. Yesterday’s men expecting us to swallow yesterday’s bullshit. That’s when I knew we were going to win. Four years later i’m still waiting. All because of fascists like you who think democracy only works when the result suits you. 

Still at least it revealed who the “I know best” fucking Nazis are. Cunts like you Bertie. Never forgive, never forget. Not your country, no fucking way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, judgetwi said:

I was an “arch brexiteer” for donkeys years Bertie and I couldn’t  believe it when they gave us the vote. Even then I didn’t believe we could win it. You’ve got every political party, every media outlet and every sleb serving up the Establishment shit for mugs like you to swallow. The turning point was when Barry O’Bummer turned up and waved his little finger at us. Nobody likes foreigners telling them what to do, that’s just a fact. If you don’t understand that then you are thicker than I thought. I still didn’t think we could win until the last weekend when they turned out Blair, Brown, Major, Campbell, Heseltine, Mandelson etc. Yesterday’s men expecting us to swallow yesterday’s bullshit. That’s when I knew we were going to win. Four years later i’m still waiting. All because of fascists like you who think democracy only works when the result suits you. 

Still at least it revealed who the “I know best” fucking Nazis are. Cunts like you Bertie. Never forgive, never forget. Not your country, no fucking way.

Show him some respect judge, he been promoted from a unemployed gas bag to a retired GP just by posting on the corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Perhaps I’m alone in thinking it a bit of a Cunt that this week the world, or at least most of it, says goodbye to the 747. Other than the microchip, has any other piece of engineering so changed the world in the last 50 years? It was always a great start to a trip to see the Jumbo roar into the sky from a Heathrow car park, and it was a symbol of a different age, of energy and interconnectivity, and excellence. Far-off places were full of opportunity and promise. Now look at us. A shrunken, sullen and drab world where the modern flight experience is to shuffle onto a blue and yellow tube at Stansted, be crammed in to your rigid thin seat and be barked at by aggressive Czech Lesbians if you hesitate over paying £12 for a ham roll. Some joy has gone out of the world, as it always does when accountants run things.

Farewell Old Girl. 🛫

The world you are talking about ended long before the 747 was even thought about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

The world you are talking about ended long before the 747 was even thought about.

Indeed. Bertie whines on about “a sunken, shallow and drab world” and this cunt is supposed to be in Australia? Has he been down Streatham High Road? Has he taken an afternoon stroll over Brockwell Park picking his way through the dirty needles, empty cider bottles  and dog shit? Fucking posh cunt needs to shut his ponce mouth and be grateful for what he’s got.

Of course he might be making the whole thing up in the first place. But what sort of cockless spaz would do that? Not you and I My Lady that’s for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, judgetwi said:

Indeed. Bertie whines on about “a sunken, shallow and drab world” and this cunt is supposed to be in Australia? Has he been down Streatham High Road? Has he taken an afternoon stroll over Brockwell Park picking his way through the dirty needles, empty cider bottles  and dog shit? Fucking posh cunt needs to shut his ponce mouth and be grateful for what he’s got.

Of course he might be making the whole thing up in the first place. But what sort of cockless spaz would do that? Not you and I My Lady that’s for sure.

I am a GP Judge. GP as in  GP = General Pisstaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, judgetwi said:

Indeed. Bertie whines on about “a sunken, shallow and drab world” and this cunt is supposed to be in Australia? 

Or shrunken, sullen and drab, as I said. 

Attention to detail; never a strength of the spittle-flecked Wetherspooner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Or shrunken, sullen and drab, as I said. 

Attention to detail; never a strength of the spittle-flecked Wetherspooner. 

You have never been in a 'spoons have you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Or shrunken, sullen and drab, as I said. 

Attention to detail; never a strength of the spittle-flecked Wetherspooner. 

It's like you're being attacked by a pack of toothless, incontinent dogs here LCS.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

It's like you're being attacked by a pack of toothless, incontinent dogs here LCS.

You seen that '3 billboards' film? Fucking excellent. Mind you, with Woody Harrelson, Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell and Peter Dinklage, it was never going to be crap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Perhaps I’m alone in thinking it a bit of a Cunt that this week the world, or at least most of it, says goodbye to the 747. Other than the microchip, has any other piece of engineering so changed the world in the last 50 years? It was always a great start to a trip to see the Jumbo roar into the sky from a Heathrow car park, and it was a symbol of a different age, of energy and interconnectivity, and excellence. Far-off places were full of opportunity and promise. Now look at us. A shrunken, sullen and drab world where the modern flight experience is to shuffle onto a blue and yellow tube at Stansted, be crammed in to your rigid thin seat and be barked at by aggressive Czech Lesbians if you hesitate over paying £12 for a ham roll. Some joy has gone out of the world, as it always does when accountants run things.

Farewell Old Girl. 🛫

Always loved the 747, particularly the 747-400 which is what BA were using. When I lived in the area I used to go up to Heathrow on my R1 and park up at the end of the runway they were landing on, and just enjoy big jets coming in low over my head. The 744 was always the most impressive - an amazing piece of engineering, now pretty much consigned to the history books. Combine this with the premature demise of the A380 and soon we will never see large 4 engined passenger planes again. I agree LCS - it is a bit of a cunt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

You seen that '3 billboards' film? Fucking excellent. Mind you, with Woody Harrelson, Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell and Peter Dinklage, it was never going to be crap.

It was OK. Same guy who made In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths. Why do you ask? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Perhaps I’m alone in thinking it a bit of a Cunt that this week the world, or at least most of it, says goodbye to the 747. Other than the microchip, has any other piece of engineering so changed the world in the last 50 years? It was always a great start to a trip to see the Jumbo roar into the sky from a Heathrow car park, and it was a symbol of a different age, of energy and interconnectivity, and excellence. Far-off places were full of opportunity and promise. Now look at us. A shrunken, sullen and drab world where the modern flight experience is to shuffle onto a blue and yellow tube at Stansted, be crammed in to your rigid thin seat and be barked at by aggressive Czech Lesbians if you hesitate over paying £12 for a ham roll. Some joy has gone out of the world, as it always does when accountants run things.

Farewell Old Girl. 🛫

Indeed. The writing was on the wall for large jets when the hub and spoke system of airline routing fell out of favour thanks to the budget operators who preferred smaller aeroplanes connecting regional airports.

Even so, the 747 was conceived, designed and built when Boeing was run by engineers and was a centre for engineering excellence. The priorities was safety and triple redundancy. When it came to safety all passengers flew first class in a Boeing.

It all went south when Boeing merged with Mcdonnell Douglas. Due to circumstances and perhaps some corporate manoeuvring the new company ended up with Mcdonnel Douglas men in charge. Boeing's top floor was relocated from Seattle to Chicago thereby isolating senior management from the engineers. What engineers that were left with the top team was replaced by money and marketing bods. Engineering excellence which focused on safety became another box to be ticked.  Some say that the 737Max disaster was inevitable when the two aerospace giants merged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

It was OK. Same guy who made In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths. Why do you ask? 

Just wondered if you'd seen it. I thought it would probably be your sort of thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Indeed. The writing was on the wall for large jets when the hub and spoke system of airline routing fell out of favour thanks to the budget operators who preferred smaller aeroplanes connecting regional airports.

Even so, the 747 was conceived, designed and built when Boeing was run by engineers and was a centre for engineering excellence. The priorities was safety and triple redundancy. When it came to safety all passengers flew first class in a Boeing.

It all went south when Boeing merged with Mcdonnell Douglas. Due to circumstances and perhaps some corporate manoeuvring the new company ended up with Mcdonnel Douglas men in charge. Boeing's top floor was relocated from Seattle to Chicago thereby isolating senior management from the engineers. What engineers that were left with the top team was replaced by money and marketing bods. Engineering excellence which focused on safety became another box to be ticked.  Some say that the 737Max disaster was inevitable when the two aerospace giants merged.

@Ape™️  There is no end in sight.  Unbearable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Witheredscrote said:

@Ape™️  There is no end in sight.  Unbearable

Hey, its Astonishingly unbearable, I've been upgraded and don't you forget it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Just wondered if you'd seen it. I thought it would probably be your sort of thing. 

Bit samey compared to the rest of his stuff - Dinklage seemed to just be there for star power or maybe as a sort of pseudo apology for the directors past treatment of midget characters in his movies - although personally I thought the white supremacist, coke head, schoolboy pornstar midget getting killed by the main antagonist in In Bruges and driving him to suicide was fucking hilarious. Rockwell and Harrelson were brilliant as usual and it was my first time seeing McDormand in anything so I was pleasantly surprised.

McDonagh's movies always come across as better made, less violent Guy Richie movies without the gangsters.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...