CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Greek Voters Are Fools

Guest Manila

There is absolutely no chance of the Greeks paying their debts. And there is not much chance of UK plc covering its own debt any time soon either....at £1.5 trillion. Not to worry, our economy is growing at an annualised rate of less than 0.6%..............that'll do it.   

and there was me thinking it was only a trillion.

Guest DingTheRioja

Well, perhaps they will start learning to collect their taxes now that borrowing is out of the question.

Exactly...

I know a few greeks from holidays over there, lovely people, friendly, helpful, can't do enough for you, and not just because they want your money, person to person they are genuinely great people...

....the Greek people are so bent on not paying any taxes and bribing the fuck out of each other that they deserve this, govt or no govt, and they fucked themselves over so there's no sympathy from my corner....

As for Germany, there's some quote about from a boxhead, can't remember who but it's basically this...

"The last time we took over Greece, we got kicked out, this time we got a receipt"

The EU is a bankers idea, it's only purpose is to make the money game easier for them. 

'The EU was inspired an designed by Nazis', Hitler was the man who gave bones to the dreams first expressed by Charlemagne and Napoleon but the finishing touches to the EU as we know it were put in place during World War II by a man called Walther Funk, who was President of the Reichsbank and a director of the Bank for International Settlements.

"It was Funk who predicted the coming of Europeaneconomic unity. Funk was also Adolf Hitler's economics minister and his key economics advisor."

The Nazis wanted to get rid of the clutter of small nations which made up Europe and their plan was quite simple. The EU was Hitler's dream."

Guest Alfie Noakes

'The EU was inspired an designed by Nazis', Hitler was the man who gave bones to the dreams first expressed by Charlemagne and Napoleon but the finishing touches to the EU as we know it were put in place during World War II by a man called Walther Funk, who was President of the Reichsbank and a director of the Bank for International Settlements.

"It was Funk who predicted the coming of Europeaneconomic unity. Funk was also Adolf Hitler's economics minister and his key economics advisor."

The Nazis wanted to get rid of the clutter of small nations which made up Europe and their plan was quite simple. The EU was Hitler's dream."

Dont think this incarnation of Europe is quite what Hitler had planned. Would so many North Africans want to get to Europe if Hitler had won?

Guest MikeD

After taking into account all the complexities and factors affecting Greece's current financial predicament my considered and informed opinion is.......fuck knows.

I hope that helps.

Guest Snatch

The blame every other cunt except themselves. They got themselves in the shit then held there hand out,got lent billions and are still not happy.

They have only got themselves to blame. Now they had a referendum to let the people decide,so when it really does go tits up the government will blame the Greeks voters.

If they go back to the drachma but stay in the EU,other countries will still be obliged to help them out.

Wankers.

Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles........

Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles........

Thats what it boils down to, spot. They've tried taking over europe by force, and failed both times. Now they're just fucking buying us. 

A case in point is Mallorca. The krauts own so much of the island now that they actually tried to get their own political party registered, on the grounds that they are close to being the predominant nationality and should be represented. The Spanish kicked that ball straight into touch, but can you imagine if they'd got that through? A Spanish island with its own German government?? 

Guest Bill Stickers

Thats what it boils down to, spot. They've tried taking over europe by force, and failed both times. Now they're just fucking buying us. 

A case in point is Mallorca. The krauts own so much of the island now that they actually tried to get their own political party registered, on the grounds that they are close to being the predominant nationality and should be represented. The Spanish kicked that ball straight into touch, but can you imagine if they'd got that through? A Spanish island with its own German government?? 

I'm 99% sure that little anecdote you've told is absolute rubbish. Google it - almost no reference exists to it whatsoever. An old UKIP wives tale.

Guest DingTheRioja

Tell the Spanish to keep the fuck off Gib then... and the Argies to keep the fuck off the Falklands...

Besides, I don't think this would have happened anyway since anyone can register a political party if you follow the right procedure, look at BNP here and the Front National in France....

Tell the Spanish to keep the fuck off Gib then... and the Argies to keep the fuck off the Falklands...

Besides, I don't think this would have happened anyway since anyone can register a political party if you follow the right procedure, look at BNP here and the Front National in France....

I'm going to campaign at the next general election under the banner of the Norfolk Liberation Front. We demand that the administrative capital of the UK be moved to Swaffham, and strongly support compulsory cousin marriage. We also advocate the complete destruction of Suffolk, apart from Bury St Edmund's, which we will convert into a giant wicker man, within which all members of the population who oppose the deification of Delia Smith shall be burnt. Lincolnshire will also undergo extensive terraforming to create a mountainous, alpine resort. Mainly because it's bleak, oppressive flatness flagrantly competes with Norfolk's rightful place as the most scenically uneventful county in England.

Guest DingTheRioja

I'm going to campaign at the next general election under the banner of the Norfolk Liberation Front. We demand that the administrative capital of the UK be moved to Swaffham, and strongly support compulsory cousin marriage. We also advocate the complete destruction of Suffolk, apart from Bury St Edmund's, which we will convert into a giant wicker man, within which all members of the population who oppose the deification of Delia Smith shall be burnt. Lincolnshire will also undergo extensive terraforming to create a mountainous, alpine resort. Mainly because it's bleak, oppressive flatness flagrantly competes with Norfolk's rightful place as the most scenically uneventful county in England.

I'd vote for you... any chance we could nuke Essex while we're at it?

I'm 99% sure that little anecdote you've told is absolute rubbish. Google it - almost no reference exists to it whatsoever. An old UKIP wives tale.

It was in the Mallorcan papers while I was on holiday there, bill. The locals were well up in arms about it. 

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

I don't mean to sound selfish but does anybody know how this will affect the price of my usual Friday night bottle of Ouzo??

I suppose I could try Pernod if things get really desperate.

Guest Snatch

Of course, Ding, that goes without saying. I'll also throw in Cheshire, for obvious reasons.

Apparently he doesn't live in Cheshire. Or so his IP address says.

Watching some news footage from Athens,I've noticed there are alot of cars about.

Being as skint as the Greeks are,it seems petrol and diesel is being given away.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

Any chance of getting rid of all the Welsh speaking, sheep worriers as well?

Guest Bill Stickers

It was in the Mallorcan papers while I was on holiday there, bill. The locals were well up in arms about it. 

It was in the local rag - it must be true.

Was it government endorsed, or just a lone nutter? If it did happen, I'd bet it was the latter and so it doesn't prove anything about Germany's apparent neo-imperialist mission.

It was in the local rag - it must be true.

Was it government endorsed, or just a lone nutter? If it did happen, I'd bet it was the latter and so it doesn't prove anything about Germany's apparent neo-imperialist mission.

No, it was an organised group of german homeowners. This was a good decade ago, I cant recall the name of the group/party. They wanted to be in the Balearic administration, not the national Spanish one. The locals were fuming, and it never did happen.

Edit, just found this reference to it. Was actually 2000. Not much of a story outside the balearics, so it wouldn't have made the international press, but this is from the Telegraph.

In the past five years, a Deutschmark-fuelled spending spree has changed the face, the character and the actual composition of the island. One fifth of all property is now owned by Germans. Eighty per cent of all fincas - or rural homesteads - are owned by Germans. Bild - the German tabloid - sells 65,000 copies daily, more than any other newspaper. The three most famous living Germans in the world - Michael Schumacher, Claudia Schiffer and Boris Becker - all own properties on Majorca. Resorts that used to be entirely British, such as Peguera on the south coast, have become entirely German. "It used to be the last outpost of the British Empire in Peguera," says Judy Edward, resort manager for the Travel Club of Upminster. "And it's like Checkpoint Charlie now. You practically need to show your passport and prove you can speak German to go into a bar." Two years ago, when EU law was changed allowing foreign residents to vote in local elections, a German businessman attempted to form his own political party, "Friends of Germany", to run for office.

"And all," a shop-owner in Andraxt tells me, "without firing a shot. I don't know why they didn't think of it in 1939." He declines to be named.