CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Crowbarred rhyming in songs.

scotty

I heard that godawful old Glenn Campbell song on the radio today, Rhinestone Cowboy, and it brought the childhood bile flowing back into my gullet. It annoyed me when I was 10 and it irritates the shit out of me even now. "There's been a load of compromisin'/ on the roooad to my horizin"....?  For fucksake. Just as bad is the cringeworthy deliberate mispronunciation of other lyrics. Why can't the cunt just sing "like a rhinestone cowboy"?  Why does it have to be "like awwrhinestone cowboy"? It's as bad as that other cunt adam faith singing about his baby, but pronouncing "baby" to rhyme with "flybe".  Cunts. 

2 hours ago, witheredscrote said:

???? Free hearing tests at Boots and Specsavers Scotters old mate.

Listen to the song if you can stand it, scrotes. You'll hear what I'm driving at. He sings "the"  as "thorr". Hence another line, where "the rain"  becomes "thorraine", pronounced like Lorraine. 

Well sometimes it's the little things that, paradoxically, are the biggest pieces if grit in life's Vaseline.

I have to turn off 'Big Yellow Taxi' 5 seconds before the finish to avoid Joni Mitchell doing that bass-baritone-and-forced-laugh thing she does right at the end of the song, otherwise I get stabby.

Guest Alfie Noakes

These two fuck with my mood,

I'm serious as cancer

when I say rhythm is a dancer.

You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht

Your hat strategically dipped below one eye, your scarf it was apricot

4 hours ago, Alex Noakes said:

These two fuck with my mood,

I'm serious as cancer

when I say rhythm is a dancer.

You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht

Your hat strategically dipped below one eye, your scarf it was apricot

You had one eye on the mirror as

you watched yourself cavort

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
40 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

You had one eye on the mirror as

you watched yourself cavort

You're a cunt

You probably think this post is about you? Dont you, don't you? Etc

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
15 hours ago, scotty said:

I heard that godawful old Glenn Campbell song on the radio today, Rhinestone Cowboy, and it brought the childhood bile flowing back into my gullet. It annoyed me when I was 10 and it irritates the shit out of me even now. "There's been a load of compromisin'/ on the roooad to my horizin"....?  For fucksake. Just as bad is the cringeworthy deliberate mispronunciation of other lyrics. Why can't the cunt just sing "like a rhinestone cowboy"?  Why does it have to be "like awwrhinestone cowboy"? It's as bad as that other cunt adam faith singing about his baby, but pronouncing "baby" to rhyme with "flybe".  Cunts. 

Scotty, if I were you, I would load a little more ammo in your magazine than this fucking dud before going "over the top" around here.

13 hours ago, scotty said:

Listen to the song if you can stand it, scrotes. You'll hear what I'm driving at. He sings "the"  as "thorr". Hence another line, where "the rain"  becomes "thorraine", pronounced like Lorraine. 

I'm with you on this one Scotters. Campbell was an ubercunt of sequin shirted, cowboy hatted good ole boyism. Whilst I like the sprawling chords of Wichita lineman and respect the fact that he was the LA Jimmy page of the mid sixties ..... He remains the epitome of all that is shit in the easy listening genre.

1 hour ago, cuntspotter said:

I'm with you on this one Scotters. Campbell was an ubercunt of sequin shirted, cowboy hatted good ole boyism. Whilst I like the sprawling chords of Wichita lineman and respect the fact that he was the LA Jimmy page of the mid sixties ..... He remains the epitome of all that is shit in the easy listening genre.

That's the point spot, I find it anything but easy listening. Tooth grindingly toe curlingly irritating listening would be my description. There's something about the song that boils my piss, I genuinely hate it. 

16 minutes ago, scotty said:

That's the point spot, I find it anything but easy listening. Tooth grindingly toe curlingly irritating listening would be my description. There's something about the song that boils my piss, I genuinely hate it. 

Right well if you can have that, then I'm having the entire body of work of Neil Diamond.

What the fuck is a 'Cracklin' (don't you just LOATHE that apostrophe'd 'g') Rosie? No? Okay then 'A Two-Bit Manchild' (sounds like something Brony may have strummed and throbbed about)? What about 'Porcupine Pie' ?

I mean he just puts words together and starts shouting. That's not music. That's bollocks.

"I am (a cunt) I said"

• Like 2

Guest DingTheRioja
11 minutes ago, neil298 said:

Gonna write a classic

Gonna write it in an attic

It's supposed to be your own attic.. .not someone else's whilest you spy on them...