CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Americunts' love of Imperial measurements.

Guest Tata Steely Dan

Guest Tata Steely Dan
30 minutes ago, I know that Cunt said:

Where do you stand on the BAC Lightning I remember seeing them at airshows in the 1960's they were the loudest muthas there at the time.

Impressive in a way, but vastly overrated, again by the UKIP-lite aviation crowd in this country. Basically a missile with some sorry sod strapped to the top. The notion of putting one engine over the other was never again repeated in fast jets because they were a total ballache to work on, the things ran out of fuel in 30 minutes or less and had over-wing pylons for design limitation-based reasons. Noisy, fast and a bit useless. Squadrons of the fucking things litter the bed of the North Sea (aka RAF Dogger Bank) because of how vastly unreliable and dangerous they were. Sadly a whole generation of sad old cunts saw one take off on the near vertical at Fairford and the like and therefore reckon they were a 'gud plane'. 

Just now, Tata Steely Dan said:

Impressive in a way, but vastly overrated, again by the UKIP-lite aviation crowd in this country. Basically a missile with some sorry sod strapped to the top. The notion of putting one engine over the other was never again repeated in fast jets because they were a total ballache to work on, the things ran out of fuel in 30 minutes or less and had over-wing pylons for design limitation-based reasons. Noisy, fast and a bit useless. Squadrons of the fucking things litter the bed of the North Sea (aka RAF Dogger Bank) because of how vastly unreliable and dangerous they were. Sadly a whole generation of sad old cunts saw one take off on the near vertical at Fairford and the like and therefore reckon they were a 'gud plane'. 

Mig-15's are my favourite. Built with solid British engineering. Apparently the Kims of North Korea still have some in service to this day.

Guest Tata Steely Dan
1 minute ago, Roadkill said:

Mig-15's are my favourite. Built with solid British engineering. Apparently the Kims of North Korea still have some in service to this day.

I find it somewhat hilarious that we sold the Ruskies the Nene engine on the premise that they wouldn't use it in combat aircraft designs. How to sour things with the US 101.

Just now, Tata Steely Dan said:

I find it somewhat hilarious that we sold the Ruskies the Nene engine on the premise that they wouldn't use it in combat aircraft designs. How to sour things with the US 101.

I just love the story of how they figured out the composition of the turbine blades by having a Ruskie with sponge soles on his boots walk around the factory to catch all the metal shavings. Rolls Royce were a little too trusting, and the Ruskies were glad to take advantage. It makes a nice change from America doing the sketchy shit and walking away clean.

Guest Tata Steely Dan
6 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

I just love the story of how they figured out the composition of the turbine blades by having a Ruskie with sponge soles on his boots walk around the factory to catch all the metal shavings. Rolls Royce were a little too trusting, and the Ruskies were glad to take advantage. It makes a nice change from America doing the sketchy shit and walking away clean.

Japanese guys used to go round the musical instrument conventions in the late '60s wearing checkerboard-patterned suits. They would have their photographs taken holding all the shiny new American guitars. Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker and co thought they were building trade relations with the far East. Within months the Japanese factories would be churning out cut-price copies. They used the suits as rulers, and nobody twigged for a while! 

The story of the Russians displaying the Tupolev Bull, by displaying all the captured B29s the US knew about and then having an additional "B29" turn up alongside them, is another example of legendary industrial espionage. 

Guest DingTheRioja
6 hours ago, nobgobbler said:

And the idiots use cups as a measure as well. But what size fucking cup am I supposed to use? an eye bath cup of which I have none? a tea cup of which I have 7 since some cunt broke one last week? a 36DD cup of which I have several in multiples of two? Americunts.

DD?

5 hours ago, Manky said:

I saw a whole TSR2 at Duxford in a hangar. Not airworthy but nonetheless it is a nice looker. I don't give a fuck about the F35. My baby is the A10. All time favourite was the Vulcan. So fuck off you sweaty cunt. The yanks are OK. But they aren't English.

Had the pleasure of sitting in someones garden down the road when that last Vulcan was flying off up north somewhere, they did a low and slow for an ex-pilot nearby... it went directly over us and fucking hell that was some solar eclipse, huge fucking great grey slab vibrating the ground for half a mile in all directions....

9 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Biggles swore by a sopwith camel.

My fave propeller plane is the Hurricane. Totally overshadowed by the Spitfire but I always liked the lines. They even fought in Russia alongside Sturmoviks and whatever else their air force could get their hands on. I hear one mad Ruskie ace shot down five German ME's in one. Very under appreciated machine.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

'2.54 mint metrics' doesn't roll off the tongue nearly as easily as "could i have 125 grammes of mint imperials"

I would say stuff your inches up your fucking arse but the gays do this anyhow.

Guest Lady Penelope
1 hour ago, Manky said:

It is 184 miles from Manchester to London. If they had built the railway line in metric units, it would have stopped at Milton Keynes.

I think that if my memory serves me correctly Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston is 188 miles and 15 chains.

45 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

I think that if my memory serves me correctly Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston is 188 miles and 15 chains.

You fucking sad train spotting cunt.According to tinterweb it is 163.241 miles as the crow flies. Any form of transport other than crow is obviously longer. I wouldn't give a fuck if it was 500 gazillion miles.

Guest Lady Penelope
34 minutes ago, Manky said:

You fucking sad train spotting cunt.According to tinterweb it is 163.241 miles as the crow flies. Any form of transport other than crow is obviously longer. I wouldn't give a fuck if it was 500 gazillion miles.

Fuck tinterwibble and fuck crows.

6 hours ago, Roadkill said:

My fave propeller plane is the Hurricane. Totally overshadowed by the Spitfire but I always liked the lines. They even fought in Russia alongside Sturmoviks and whatever else their air force could get their hands on. I hear one mad Ruskie ace shot down five German ME's in one. Very under appreciated machine.

My grandad was in the RFC since 1919 and stayed on when it changed to RAF and served throughout ww2 and into early 50's. He was aircraft tech, flight trained but refused combat for eyesight reasons. His fave to work on was the hurricane as repairing bullet holes was a lot quicker due to wood and stretched canvas construction. A lot of techs were disciplined for deliberate sniffing of what they called "dope" a quick drying resin applied to the canvas skin to harden and seal it. Possibly the birth of modern glue sniffing?

• Like 1

Guest DingTheRioja
8 hours ago, Roadkill said:

A couple of years back in York there was a Hurricane on display in the centre, it was one which flying between bases, spotted a few kraut bombers trying to hit York, the pilot changed course, flew at them chasing them away, most of the bombs missed their targets or were dropped in fields so the enemy could get away faster.

The Hurricane was, at that time, unarmed.

It was flew by a Frenchie....

5 hours ago, Manky said:

It is 184 miles from Manchester to London. If they had built the railway line in metric units, it would have stopped at Milton Keynes.

In that case, can we go back in time and change to metric please?

2 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

My grandad was in the RFC since 1919 and stayed on when it changed to RAF and served throughout ww2 and into early 50's. He was aircraft tech, flight trained but refused combat for eyesight reasons. His fave to work on was the hurricane as repairing bullet holes was a lot quicker due to wood and stretched canvas construction. A lot of techs were disciplined for deliberate sniffing of what they called "dope" a quick drying resin applied to the canvas skin to harden and seal it. Possibly the birth of modern glue sniffing?

Mine was ground crew on bombers out in Aden and othe Middle East shitholes, would never talk about it, don't think I ever got a single story out of him about his time there, but my mum told me about him once breaking down and describing scraping goo out of the bottom a returned bomber, that goo had been drinking with him in the bar 24 hours earlier... pass me the glue, avgas, hash, poppies and anything else please...

2 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

12 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

A couple of years back in York there was a Hurricane on display in the centre, it was one which flying between bases, spotted a few kraut bombers trying to hit York, the pilot changed course, flew at them chasing them away, most of the bombs missed their targets or were dropped in fields so the enemy could get away faster.

The Hurricane was, at that time, unarmed.

It was flew by a Frenchie....

In that case, can we go back in time and change to metric please?

Mine was ground crew on bombers out in Aden and othe Middle East shitholes, would never talk about it, don't think I ever got a single story out of him about his time there, but my mum told me about him once breaking down and describing scraping goo out of the bottom a returned bomber, that goo had been drinking with him in the bar 24 hours earlier... pass me the glue, avgas, hash, poppies and anything else please...

I was only about 4 when my granda died, but I remember him telling me about his time in the merchant navy during the war. One of the ships he worked on was taken out by a magnetic mine and I'll always remember him telling me how the fuel and oil from the engines made the water around a sinking ship into this horrible, burning sludge that emitted fumes so strong people would totally lose their wits from inhaling them. Sounds like good shit once you get rid of the chemical burns and blindness.

19 hours ago, Roadkill said:

The Original Plan Was To Collect Steel Shavings But The Labour Government Of The day gave them The engine as a sign Of goodwill tween the two comrades 

Panzerknacker 

4 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

They called them cubits, yeah?

Might have been, cant remember. I know cubit is a measurement they used, but not sure if the cubit is the same as an inch.