CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Grenfell Tower

Guest Lady Penelope

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
4 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

:-)  G'Day Ol' Boy. 

WTF. Coming on here with your fucking pleasantries and platitudes. This ain't Grinder you know.

Have a good evening old chap.

6 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

Well, over and above the 'cladding' excuse, it is certainly bizarre that the fire was a total disaster on all counts. You only have to drive past these high-rise residential eye-sores to see all manner of shite being hung-up as curtains, and washing waving about from balcony to balcony etc. I'd also wager that prams & pushbikes and other stuff would have been clogging up stairwells, whilst 'safety' doors were being wedged open etc. I wouldn't say that all who lived in that place are blameless for the end result, and many are now rubbing their hands with delight. 

This is pure, unadulterated fucking bollocks. Utter wanker.

Guest 'eavensabove
3 hours ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

WTF. Coming on here with your fucking pleasantries and platitudes. This ain't Grinder you know.

Have a good evening old chap.

Never forget, nothing is what it seems, anywhere...

Nothing. 

Adios Amigo

Guest nobgobbler
8 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

Well, over and above the 'cladding' excuse, it is certainly bizarre that the fire was a total disaster on all counts. You only have to drive past these high-rise residential eye-sores to see all manner of shite being hung-up as curtains, and washing waving about from balcony to balcony etc. I'd also wager that prams & pushbikes and other stuff would have been clogging up stairwells, whilst 'safety' doors were being wedged open etc. I wouldn't say that all who lived in that place are blameless for the end result, and many are now rubbing their hands with delight. 

The cunts in mine keep taking the door stays off the fire doors, and screw em back on when they know an inspection is due. 

1 minute ago, nobgobbler said:

The cunts in mine keep taking the door stays off the fire doors, and screw em back on when they know an inspection is due. 

Having a pre-arranged inspection date makes the whole thing a bit pointless. Much like restaurants who only clean the kitchens and chillers properly when they know there's going to be a hygiene audit.

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

Fucking amateurs. Have they not heard of the Pissflaps 7 Day Protocol whereby you schedule an inspection and then turn up any time in the 7 days beforehand. That keeps the sly fuckers on their toes.

Guest Lady Penelope
3 hours ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

Fucking amateurs. Have they not heard of the Pissflaps 7 Day Protocol whereby you schedule an inspection and then turn up any time in the 7 days beforehand. That keeps the sly fuckers on their toes.

No.

Guest nobgobbler
18 hours ago, Roadkill said:

That's not fair! You know living off the state is in my Geordie blood...

I say let them milk it. They shouldn't have been housed in such an unsafe building in the first place and the only way to make people take notice in the long run is how much re housing and compensating the victims costs. If nothing else it'll make sure the council makes sure something like this never happens again and create new laws that will prevent it in the future. For any building of that size in this day and age to be allowed not to have a sprinkler system is fucking shameful. For a 70's death trap like that to still be standing in 2017 is also shameful. The government has needed a good kick in the bollocks about the state of social housing for a long time, so the bigger the bill, the more chance something will actually be done about it.

Which leads to another massive unfairness. When the Government make a payout, the burden of costs is on the taxpayer. That's why I say the payouts should come from insurance just like it would in other house fire. If my home or your home accidentally set on fire would the government pay out? No. There would be a fine tooth comb investigation by the insurers and the whole thing would take an unlimited amount of time to resolve. In the meantime alternative housing would be found for them, they wouldn't be sleeping on park benches or in crap conditions as they have been claiming. Also, insurance companies are better equipped to investigate and limit the amount of fraudulent claims. I bet that £5 million is just the beginning. Frankly I don't want to be paying for it or for the false claims that are no doubt piling up. The underwriters must be laughing their tits off.

Guest Lady Penelope
7 minutes ago, nobgobbler said:

Which leads to another massive unfairness. When the Government make a payout, the burden of costs is on the taxpayer. That's why I say the payouts should come from insurance just like it would in other house fire. If my home or your home accidentally set on fire would the government pay out? No. There would be a fine tooth comb investigation by the insurers and the whole thing would take an unlimited amount of time to resolve. In the meantime alternative housing would be found for them, they wouldn't be sleeping on park benches or in crap conditions as they have been claiming. Also, insurance companies are better equipped to investigate and limit the amount of fraudulent claims. I bet that £5 million is just the beginning. Frankly I don't want to be paying for it or for the false claims that are no doubt piling up. The underwriters must be laughing their tits off.

There is now this issue of the cladding boards giving off hydrogen cyanide gas as they burned .. reports that it seems that might have caused many of the fatalities.

Guest nobgobbler
11 minutes ago, The Lady Penelope said:

There is now this issue of the cladding boards giving off hydrogen cyanide gas as they burned .. reports that it seems that might have caused many of the fatalities.

When they find the culprit he should be introduced to the wicker man.

3 minutes ago, nobgobbler said:

I agree, but insurance companies are basically allowed to do whatever the fuck they want in this country. I think that's one of the main reasons people are so against privatization of the NHS. The £5 mil seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction from May because of the bad press she's been getting lately, same with the acquisition of high end apartments for some of the victims. Luckily £5 mil is actually quite a small sum when it comes to tax money. That eye sore of a tower that they built for the Olympics cost £200,000 more, and £10,000 every week in maintenance, so at least the cash is actually getting spent on something worthwhile, instead if being wasted on wank art exhibits or birdhouses for MP's.

Guest Manky
6 minutes ago, nobgobbler said:

When they find the culprit he should be introduced to the wicker man.

The top jockey at K&C council has resigned. This begs 2 questions.

1. How big is his payout?

2. Where has he lined up his next job?

Evidently the wrong cladding was authorised for use at a saving of £5,000 and the company fitting it has £65 million of work lined up. Something stinks and the taxpayer is footing the bill.

Guest Lady Penelope
2 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

The £5 mil seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction from May because of the bad press she's been getting lately, same with the acquisition of high end apartments for some of the victims. Luckily £5 mil is actually quite a small sum when it comes to tax money.

That is the irony of austerity or in reality the fake austerity that we have had for the past 7 years. Seeingly large (but in truth small monetery amounts) cut from benefits, Transport and other locals service but a failing to tackle the squandering on these high profile projects that either benefit very few people or simply compound existing problems when the same money invest elsewhere would bring huge benefits.. Crossrail in London being a particular example.

Guest Lady Penelope
5 minutes ago, Manky said:

The top jockey at K&C council has resigned. This begs 2 questions.

1. How big is his payout?

2. Where has he lined up his next job?

Evidently the wrong cladding was authorised for use at a saving of £5,000 and the company fitting it has £65 million of work lined up. Something stinks and the taxpayer is footing the bill.

The problem now seems to be more complex than just the infill. The actually cladding itself gives off hydrogen cyanide gas. This potentially has huge implications on every building that has been fitted with any form of the cladding.

Guest Snatch
7 minutes ago, The Lady Penelope said:

That is the irony of austerity or in reality the fake austerity that we have had for the past 7 years. Seeingly large (but in truth small monetery amounts) cut from benefits, Transport and other locals service but a failing to tackle the squandering on these high profile projects that either benefit very few people or simply compound existing problems when the same money invest elsewhere would bring huge benefits.. Crossrail in London being a particular example.

The billions for India has to come from somewhere. 

Guest Lady Penelope
Just now, Snatch said:

The billions for India has to come from somewhere. 

India is small fry in this .. huge amount spent on removing dictators who have got a lid firmly on the millitants and then waging war on the genies that have been let out of the box as a result. That is where the real money can be saved .. along with chasing up the companies that have either evaded or avoided paying their fair amount of tax.

Guest 'eavensabove
11 hours ago, nobgobbler said:

Well, there you go then.. It most probably goes on in most tower blocks of flats.

1 hour ago, The Lady Penelope said:

India is small fry in this .. huge amount spent on removing dictators who have got a lid firmly on the millitants and then waging war on the genies that have been let out of the box as a result. That is where the real money can be saved .. along with chasing up the companies that have either evaded or avoided paying their fair amount of tax.

Nobody ever went broke buying shares in armaments companies. Ethical investing is for cunts.

Guest nobgobbler
2 hours ago, Roadkill said:

2 hours ago, Roadkill said:

I agree, but insurance companies are basically allowed to do whatever the fuck they want in this country. I think that's one of the main reasons people are so against privatization of the NHS. The £5 mil seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction from May because of the bad press she's been getting lately, same with the acquisition of high end apartments for some of the victims. Luckily £5 mil is actually quite a small sum when it comes to tax money. That eye sore of a tower that they built for the Olympics cost £200,000 more, and £10,000 every week in maintenance, so at least the cash is actually getting spent on something worthwhile, instead if being wasted on wank art exhibits or birdhouses for MP's.

Still don't see why I should have to pay for it. It's a fucking mess and needs sorting out but it's not my responsibility.

Guest nobgobbler
1 hour ago, 'eavensabove said:

Well, there you go then.. It most probably goes on in most tower blocks of flats.

I doubt that councils even do any inspections except for at the end of the tenancy maybe - they are certainly exempt from the farce that is landlord licensing which imposes monthly inspections on hmos and 3 monthly on all other properties which can put landlords in breach of contract  and I can't wait to see the first court case involving that one. Anything shit like this that they implement, they always make themselves exempt, manipulating the regulations to suit themselves. 

Guest nobgobbler
4 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Well what am I supposed to do about it? Immolate myself outside Parliament in protest?

I had to google that you cunt.

Who exactly are going to get the new flats in Kensington?, it appears that a number of the flats at Grenfell Tower were sublet. The people whose names are on the tenancies will get rehoused at the new upmarket site, and the people who were actually living unofficially in the tower at the time of the fire won’t get rehoused. The sub letters will then sublet again, however receive a higher rent from the new upmarket properties.