CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Combatting Covid - CC Advice

Guest 'eavensabove

Guest 'eavensabove

What a fucking liberty...

Millions of pieces of PPE are being shipped from British warehouses to the Krauts, Spaniards and Italioids despite severe shortages here in UK.  Lorries are being packed with masks, respirators and other PPE kit before heading-off to supply hospitals in the EU.

UK firms are saying that they have "no choice" but to keep selling our lifesaving gear abroad because their offers to help are being repeatedly ignored by the British Government. 

1 hour ago, 'eavensabove said:

Wasn't he a Hauweiman? 

Having perused AliExpress this very morn' there is page after page of PPE and masks from 67p each, delivery within 48hrs. They are identical in every way to those being pleaded for by the NHS front-line workers. The masks themselves can be purchased by the fucking shipload, and are all produced & shipped from: China. 

That's still a rip-off price, also China is restricting all exports presently so only small amounts available for UK e-traders and personal use. Purchase same by the pallet or container load then its 8-9 weeks on the water. The Range, fully embracing price gouging are selling a box of 50 paper masks at £59.99. OTOH, go to the Indian owned, Dubai based Hot-Pack and one can source 20 boxes of 50 (i.e 1000 masks) 3-ply masks for £13.50 all in (though costs of transport from port need to be added), 25 days on the water. Usually best to buy by the container to maximise cost savings. I only found this out whilst sorting out a supply issue on other items.

Guest 'eavensabove
11 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

That's still a rip-off price, also China is restricting all exports presently so only small amounts available for UK e-traders and personal use. Purchase same by the pallet or container load then its 8-9 weeks on the water. The Range, fully embracing price gouging are selling a box of 50 paper masks at £59.99. OTOH, go to the Indian owned, Dubai based Hot-Pack and one can source 20 boxes of 50 3-ply masks for £13.50 all in (though costs of transport from port need to be added), 25 days on the water. Usually best to buy by the container to maximise cost savings. I only found this out whilst sorting out a supply issue on other items.

I agree, however as it is becoming more apparent that masks will help to prevent the spread of the virus, coupled with the likelihood that masks will be the next "panic purchase" and therefore difficult to obtain, AliExpress is well worth pursuing right now in terms of us mere 'wanna-protect-ourselves'  for relative little cost. There are certainly packs for less than £59.99p and I'm not suggesting that the government should be on the case of them. I've sure as fuck purchased several 100 for my children, and they'll be here by Saturday the latest... just to add, you aint getting a mask from Wikes (for example) for £67p are you?  

Edited by 'eavensabove
WASHING MY HANDS FOR 20 SECONDS

12 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

That's still a rip-off price, also China is restricting all exports presently so only small amounts available for UK e-traders and personal use. Purchase same by the pallet or container load then its 8-9 weeks on the water. The Range, fully embracing price gouging are selling a box of 50 paper masks at £59.99. OTOH, go to the Indian owned, Dubai based Hot-Pack and one can source 20 boxes of 50 (i.e 1000 masks) 3-ply masks for £13.50 all in (though costs of transport from port need to be added), 25 days on the water. Usually best to buy by the container to maximise cost savings. I only found this out whilst sorting out a supply issue on other items.

The Range = Charles Dawson = grasping evil cunt.

Guest 'eavensabove
15 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Did you actually look at the "Personal Protective Masks" pages on AliExpress?  All 60 of them!!! You may wish to make your comparisons, then?

2 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

Did you actually look at the "Personal Protective Masks" pages on AliExpress?  All 60 of them!!! You may wish to make your comparisons, then?

I only found this out whilst sorting a supply issue on other items. The only PPE I carry whilst out and about is a small bottle of hand sanitiser, otherwise a curt "back off mate" usually suffice.

59 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

What a fucking liberty...

Millions of pieces of PPE are being shipped from British warehouses to the Krauts, Spaniards and Italioids despite severe shortages here in UK.  Lorries are being packed with masks, respirators and other PPE kit before heading-off to supply hospitals in the EU.

UK firms are saying that they have "no choice" but to keep selling our lifesaving gear abroad because their offers to help are being repeatedly ignored by the British Government. 

Word has it from non union sources is that the reason the NHS isn't buying is because they have plenty. This so-called shortage is fake news created by sick lefties trying to score political points.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I only found this out whilst sorting a supply issue on other items. The only PPE I carry whilst out and about is a small bottle of hand sanitiser, otherwise a curt "back off mate" usually suffice.

I understand that current research suggest that the virus can not spread outdoors other than in situations when large numbers of people are in very close proximity for extended periods such as at football matches and some other sporting events.

Guest 'eavensabove
1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well, one never knows if the 'wearing of masks' policy becomes 'compulsory' in the not too distant future. Incidentally, you cannot get 'sanitiser' from anywhere where I am. 71%+ rubbing alcohol and Aloe Vera gel will produce an effective substitute. A few drops of Lavender Oil & Vitamin E oil can also be added. 

Guest 'eavensabove
3 minutes ago, Trucking Funt said:

Word has it from non union sources is that the reason the NHS isn't buying is because they have plenty. This so-called shortage is fake news created by sick lefties trying to score political points.

They want us all dead, anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Trucking Funt said:

Nothing to do with lefties you will find the right wing papers like the Express, Mail and Torygraph all pushing the same story .. do you still think that Old Prince Phil is a lizard?

10 minutes ago, Trucking Funt said:

From the Daily Mail ..

Piers Morgan hammers Care Minister Helen Whately for failing to know how many health workers have died due to coronavirus as two face-off for Round Two after her last car crash interview

• Care Minister Helen Whately was grilled by Piers Morgan on GMB this morning
  • Claimed the government is changing the way it collects its coronavirus data 
  • Said current care home data includes some people who have died in hospital 
  • Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

13 minutes ago, 'eavensabove said:

Well, one never knows if the 'wearing of masks' policy becomes 'compulsory' in the not too distant future. Incidentally, you cannot get 'sanitiser' from anywhere where I am. 71%+ rubbing alcohol and Aloe Vera gel will produce an effective substitute. A few drops of Lavender Oil & Vitamin E oil can also be added. 

My local Morrisons had them on the shelves yesterday, but I managed to liberate a couple of 500 ml  bags (for wall mounted units) from a janitorial supplies store at a factory unit belonging to my employers. It was just a question of syphoning the stuff into an empty 50 ml Carex bottle. Call it one of the perks of Head Office privilege.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

My local Morrisons had them on the shelves yesterday, but I managed to liberate a couple of 500 ml  bags (for wall mounted units) from a janitorial supplies store at a factory unit belonging to my employers. It was just a question of syphoning the stuff into an empty 50 ml Carex bottle. Call it one of the perks of Head Office privilege.

Well done. You and Captain Tom are an inspiration to us all. I’ll be banging a saucepan on the doorstep for you tomorrow night.

5 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I'm disappointed, Roops. I fully expected you to Google the precise recipe for hand sanitizer and get to work with your junior chemistry set.

Resulting to common thievery, how the pompous have fallen.

• Like 1

Guest 'eavensabove
15 minutes ago, Major Cunt said:

I'm disappointed, Roops. I fully expected you to Google the precise recipe for hand sanitizer and get to work with your junior chemistry set.

That's the best idea I've heard all week...

gif-chemistry-1691489.gif

8 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Crikey, you seem a little au fait when it comes to face masks. Is this an anti-covid measure, or is it because you usually breathe fire?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 'eavensabove said:

Order it off ebay. It takes a fortnight but it does eventually arrive. 

Just don't do what I did and lose patience and buy from another supplier - last Thursday I had one 200ml bottle arrive with three 50ml bottles only to have another 250ml arrive a few hours later by courier... and another 150ml show up on Monday... Considering a 50ml bottle can last me a fortnight if I'm not a div and use it at home instead if soap and water I should be pretty set... Just have to remember not to smoke near the sink drawer I've stashed it all in. 

Guest 'eavensabove
17 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Order it off ebay. It takes a fortnight but it does eventually arrive. 

Just don't do what I did and lose patience and buy from another supplier - last Thursday I had one 200ml bottle arrive with three 50ml bottles only to have another 250ml arrive a few hours later by courier... and another 150ml show up on Monday... Considering a 50ml bottle can last me a fortnight if I'm not a div and use it at home instead if soap and water I should be pretty set... Just have to remember not to smoke near the sink drawer I've stashed it all in. 

Now, that's what you call 'a clean sweep'

5 hours ago, Major Cunt said:

Yeah, shame on me. How long did you spend in prison?