CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Cancer

Guest Lady Penelope

Guest Lady Penelope

Still a little numbed as cancer has taken two  close family members this year, whilst they were not true siblings I was bought up as the youngest of a family of eight. Cancer (in the form of brain  tumour) took a sister who  was 10 years older than me in April and then in early November a sister who was three older than me was diagnosed with cancer of the panceas and it took her life just 11 days later.

Two people who still  had a lot to live for in their own ways and who should have been around for at least another 10 years and the youngest of then in little more than the blinking of an eye.

I feel saddest about the youngest sister, she was a bit of a 1960s rebel and she had a fantastic relationship with her kids and was a much a friend as a mother to them, fortunatatelly they are all grown up although there was only one grandchild so far. She also fretted a little about this other sister that she had (me) and was always ready with a sarcastic comment such as "you should have learnt by now!",

Yes Fran, cancer is a cunt and it took you from us and I will fucking miss you :(

My Mum died of cancer this year after going into remission a couple of years back. She was in her early fifties. I can't say it's sunk in even now if I'm perfectly honest. My prayers for it to leave her and go find Bono went unanswered. My Uncle, who i was real close to, died of it a few years back too.

Sorry to hear of both your losses. Proper undiluted 24-carat cuntishness on a grand scale.

Guest Alfie Noakes

My deepest sympathies Mrs P and nocti. My mother was taken by lung cancer when I was fourteen. I have lost other friends and family to it too. It is a true cunt in this world. Cherish the memories of those who you held dear keep them alive within you. It gets easier as the pain fades with time, but it never quite goes away.

Guest nobgobbler

Sorry to hear that Pen. Cancer certainly is the number 1 cunt. Mr Gobbler and I have both had cancer. My brother's had it twice, and my friend has just had her 5th tumour removed, fortunately for her the tumours have always been easily visible (on her wrist) otherwise she probably would have been long gone. The cancer cunt killed my dog, and having him put down was fucking heartbreaking. Just glad it hasn't had a go at my son, I couldn't bear that. Once you've had it you have to endure the constant torment, wondering whether it is spreading or when it might return. Too many people think it won't happen to them. All we can do is bear in mind the prevalence of this shit cunt of a disease and make the most of what life has to offer.

My mum had it last year, my dog has it now. MsBoms nans both died from it a few years ago, my mate Rob who was only 36 died from it a couple of years ago. It is indeed a cunt.
I personaly believe that it's curable and they have known it's curable for years, but the cancer business is huge and employs more people than actualy have cancer itself. Throw in big pharma who cuntishess knows no bounds and there we go.

Guest Alfie Noakes

Fucking hell, some of the comments on this thread are pretty low. I know this is a cunting website, but let's not discriminate against other members, no matter how much history there is, because cancer certainly does not discriminate.

Run out of likes dickie old thing. Have one for that reasoned comment.

My Dad's saving grace perhaps, is that he was never TOLD that he was given 6 months to live. The hospital told us and we decided not to tell him. Had he known then the very thought would have sent him to his grave. Like I say, he went on to live a comfortable life for another TEN YEARS and without the constant worry of knowing that he could drop at any minute. In fact, it was bad for us, for no sooner were the six months over, we were counting every day... Sometimes it's best not to know rather than to be told.[/quote

It really touched me when I read this, Jazz. After all is said and done, you're a good man with a kind heart. Your father would have been proud. Bon weekend.

Fucking hell, some of the comments on this thread are pretty low. I know this is a cunting website, but let's not discriminate against other members, no matter how much history there is, because cancer certainly does not discriminate.

I'll second that. I'm serious as cancer when I say 'rhythm is a dancer'.

Apparently the statistics are that one in three people will get it. That's a shit situation and no mistake.

I'm not sure I like your tone. It's not really a subject you make light of. Shame on you.