CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Brexit, again.

Guest DingTheRioja

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
40 minutes ago, Decimus said:

I think that the out campaign will get most of its core votes from people with a small minded, isolationist stance. Most people I have spoken to who are pro-leave have not even considered the economic pro's and con's, for them the main issue is migration.  Which as you and I both know, will remain a bone of contention regardless of whether we stay or leave.

I don't think that it is worth taking a leap of faith in the current global climate, and firmly believe, for the moment at least, it should be better the devil you know.

Yeah, needs to be an utterly compelling reason to leave, or else change is very expensive.

21 minutes ago, Punkape said:

If we stay in we'll never control our borders.

Of course. Never mind the fact that the biggest source of immigrants to this country over the past sixty years have been from former colonies, which has got absolutely fuck all to do with the E.U. Leaving Europe will not put a stop to mass immigration. Labour wants it to change the voting demographic to suit them, which they have admitted, and the Tory friends of big business wants it to continue as a cheap source of workers. You're dreaming if you think that leaving the E.U. will put an end to it.

40 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Of course. Never mind the fact that the biggest source of immigrants to this country over the past sixty years have been from former colonies, which has got absolutely fuck all to do with the E.U. Leaving Europe will not put a stop to mass immigration. Labour wants it to change the voting demographic to suit them, which they have admitted, and the Tory friends of big business wants it to continue as a cheap source of workers. You're dreaming if you think that leaving the E.U. will put an end to it.

Surely you didn't expect the Punkape cretin to actually have a considered point of view on this subject Decs? The flid can barely string two words together.

11 minutes ago, Ape said:

Surely you didn't expect the Punkape cretin to actually have considered point of view ,on this subject Decs? The flid can barely string two words together.

With his recent new references to Nigeria, and his seeming rebellion against his creator, Frank, I assumed that the Punkape programme had developed a nascent form of Artificial Intelligence.

Let's face it, if we stay in we must be prepared to help clear up the migrant mess. There is nothing to stop the member states changing their citizenship laws. Any EU country swamped by refugees can   issue them all with passports and point them northwards.

If a member state makes a rogue decision, it impacts on us all. 27 separate potential nightmares that have the possibility of affecting the uk. If Turkey manage to make it into the club, 75 million more will have the right to travel here. 

The migrant crisis really could be the death of the EU, people can now see the real power and control is vested in Brussels.

Controlled immigration yes, but for the sake of the NHS,  Schools and housing alone I am voting out. Oh and I heard those muslims can be trouble. 

• Like 1

Guest Ahriman
57 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Oh and I heard those muslims can be trouble. 

Now now Eddie, don't you know that Islam is the religion of peace? A piece of you here, a piece of you there, pieces of you all over the fucking place.

3 hours ago, Decimus said:

I think that the out campaign will get most of its core votes from people with a small minded, isolationist stance. Most people I have spoken to who are pro-leave have not even considered the economic pro's and con's, for them the main issue is migration.  Which as you and I both know, will remain a bone of contention regardless of whether we stay or leave.

I don't think that it is worth taking a leap of faith in the current global climate, and firmly believe, for the moment at least, it should be better the devil you know.

The Treasury 2030 forecast assumes a net influx of EU immigration of three million. This figure does not include any other sources of immigration.

The core Brexit voters are those who voted in the 1975 referendum and regard themselves as having been conned. There are some interesting parallels. The "in" campaign was an establishment coalition of both Labour and Conservative leaders who sold the EEC simply as a trading partnership to replace the EFTA agreement. This was on the back of a recently negotiated package and was officially endorsed by the government who commissioned a nationwide leaflet to be sent to all households. The "out" campaign was against the EEC and warned that this would lead to loss of power and democratic accountability, increased regulation and a Euro harmonisation leading to a "United States of Europe", a notion ridiculed by the pro camp who insisted that the EEC was just a trading club.

As for the economic instability, should the UK vote "out" nothing will happen in the short term as existing rules means that all trade agreements remain in force for two years after the exit. It beggars belief that EU countries will cause problems in the medium term since the trade balance of payments is in their favour. Long term, the UK will be a sleeker, more rapid and flexible trading partner against the slow moving EU bureaucratic machine when setting up trade with the rest of the world.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Let's face it, if we stay in we must be prepared to help clear up the migrant mess. There is nothing to stop the member states changing their citizenship laws. Any EU country swamped by refugees can   issue them all with passports and point them northwards.

If a member state makes a rogue decision, it impacts on us all. 27 separate potential nightmares that have the possibility of affecting the uk. If Turkey manage to make it into the club, 75 million more will have the right to travel here. 

The migrant crisis really could be the death of the EU, people can now see the real power and control is vested in Brussels.

Controlled immigration yes, but for the sake of the NHS,  Schools and housing alone I am voting out. Oh and I heard those muslims can be trouble. 

I'm not normally xenophobic, but when it comes to the Turkish state becoming a part of the E.U. I draw a line. How it can even be considered based upon their human rights record, and the fact that they are illegally annexing a third of the territory of a sovereign E.U. nation, is beyond me.

• Like 1

Guest Manky
1 minute ago, Decimus said:

I'm not normally xenophobic, but when it comes to the Turkish state becoming a part of the E.U. I draw a line. How it can even be considered based upon their human rights record and the fact that they are illegally annexing a third of the territory of a sovereign E.U. nation is beyond me.

And they are of a hostile culture.

2 hours ago, Decimus said:

With his recent new references to Nigeria, and his seeming rebellion against his creator, Frank, I assumed that the Punkape programme had developed a nascent form of Artificial Intelligence.

I think any form of intelligence, artificial or otherwise, is highly unlikely from that spastic prick.

15 minutes ago, Punkape said:

The public lavatories in Istanbul are a grotesque nightmare of filth and horrific deposits.

If you let the primative cunts in who are responsible for such deeds and depravity imagine the squalor.

Those lavatories separate the men from the boys, but only if you have a crowbar.

Guest MikeD
26 minutes ago, Punkape said:

The public lavatories in Istanbul are a grotesque nightmare of filth and horrific deposits.

If you let the primative cunts in who are responsible for such deeds and depravity imagine the squalor.

Much like your house?

1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

The Treasury 2030 forecast assumes a net influx of EU immigration of three million. This figure does not include any other sources of immigration.

The core Brexit voters are those who voted in the 1975 referendum and regard themselves as having been conned. There are some interesting parallels. The "in" campaign was an establishment coalition of both Labour and Conservative leaders who sold the EEC simply as a trading partnership to replace the EFTA agreement. This was on the back of a recently negotiated package and was officially endorsed by the government who commissioned a nationwide leaflet to be sent to all households. The "out" campaign was against the EEC and warned that this would lead to loss of power and democratic accountability, increased regulation and a Euro harmonisation leading to a "United States of Europe", a notion ridiculed by the pro camp who insisted that the EEC was just a trading club.

As for the economic instability, should the UK vote "out" nothing will happen in the short term as existing rules means that all trade agreements remain in force for two years after the exit. It beggars belief that EU countries will cause problems in the medium term since the trade balance of payments is in their favour. Long term, the UK will be a sleeker, more rapid and flexible trading partner against the slow moving EU bureaucratic machine when setting up trade with the rest of the world.

As for migration figures, there are currently over 1.7 million British citizens living in E.U. countries, so it works both ways. It's entirely reasonable to forecast that this figure will be well over the 2 million mark come 2030. So if an influx of three million E.U. nationals enter the U.K. by that point, it would be no different a net population increase than if the British ex-pats remained in Britain and added to the population. Also, bearing in mind that almost half of the British migrants to Europe are of pensionable age, and that the vast majority of the three million E.U. migrants will be of working age, economically we are getting the better deal through taxable income contributions. A young population of immigrants is one of the major factors that we are projected to become a larger economy than Germany by the half way point of this century. The figures of migration and immigration are financially in our best interests. Culturally it is a different story, but at the end of the day most reasonable people would rather a brighter financial future for this country than becoming fixated on a supposed dilution of British identity. 

Assuming that we will be in a better position to trade with the rest of the world is naive. We sacrificed trading links with the commonwealth in favour of greater integration with Europe, and it is arrogant to assume that we will be welcomed back with open arms. As for the hope of gaining preferential treatment from the U.S.A., Obama, although an out going President, has given his opinion that trading deals with the Euro block will be given priority. He may have no influence following the presidential election, but he knows the politics of his country, and his party, and it is safe to assume that there will be another Democrat President this year. Hilary Clinton has commented on the Brexit, and it would be foolish to disregard her words, even if they do play in to the hands of the out voters who disdain any foreign intervention, no matter how sound the advice.

11 minutes ago, Punkape said:

The last time our borders were properly secure was when we were at war.

We should now declare war on France ( a traditional foe) Germany Spain. Holland and Belgium and see how we get on for a while.

Another grammatical car crash. Have you called that number yet, you oily heap of shit?

10 minutes ago, Punkape said:

The last time our borders were properly secure was when we were at war.

We should now declare war on France ( a traditional foe) Germany Spain. Holland and Belgium and see how we get on for a while.

Austria are about to vote in a right wing party, the first of many across Europe I suspect.