CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The Cunts Corner Music Exchange lV

Guest Gong Farmer

This year's seasonal link is courtesy of a friend who thought I might like this...

Its Little Drummer Boy, a perennial favourite but usually an exercise in kitsch and bad taste, as exemplified by the appalling Bowie/Crosby version.

This vid is by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, and I'm rather taken by it.

The choral side is competent standard fare, but no less enjoyable for it. What sets this apart is the inspired arrangement of the instrumental accompaniment. Slightly quirky and offbeat, it veers from the restrained to full blown "wall of sound" and back. This is best appreciated with decent speakers or even better, with headphones. Enjoy.

Merry Christmas everyone!

19 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

This year's seasonal link is courtesy of a friend who thought I might like this...

Its Little Drummer Boy, a perennial favourite but usually an exercise in kitsch and bad taste, as exemplified by the appalling Bowie/Crosby version.

This vid is by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, and I'm rather taken by it.

The choral side is competent standard fare, but no less enjoyable for it. What sets this apart is the inspired arrangement of the instrumental accompaniment. Slightly quirky and offbeat, it veers from the restrained to full blown "wall of sound" and back. This is best appreciated with decent speakers or even better, with headphones. Enjoy.

Nollaig shona to ya the roops 

Panzerknacker 

4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Thanks for letting me know this is made by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway – especially as it isn't clearly mentioned in the video's main title and ensuing description.

18 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Thanks for letting me know this is made by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway – especially as it isn't clearly mentioned in the video's main title and ensuing description.

Not sure what point you are making, but thanks anyway.

Guest Lady Penelope
On 20/12/2017 at 10:31 AM, Mrs Roops said:

Thank you for this one .. a slightly sinister version as well.

21 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Having seen its lowly position on the list of Nobel laureates, it's probably quite fortuitous that these students appear to have an Arts minor to fall back on.

List of Nobel laureates by university affiliation

1 hour ago, Cuntybaws said:

Having seen its lowly position on the list of Nobel laureates, it's probably quite fortuitous that these students appear to have an Arts minor to fall back on.

List of Nobel laureates by university affiliation

I dunno Baws. I wouldn't use the Nobel affiliation as a reliable benchmark to measure teaching excellence in equipping the next generation of engineers and scientists. However if we do, then having five laureates (not the four as the Wiki list suggests) would mean NTNU are doing pretty well when one considers there are in excess of 15,000 uni's in the world at present. It appears that NTNU are ranked 1st in the world for having the biggest corporate links which, good or bad, means that research is geared to commercial and practical requirements rather than expanding the boundaries of knowledge.

3 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

I dunno Baws. I wouldn't use the Nobel affiliation as a reliable benchmark to measure teaching excellence in equipping the next generation of engineers and scientists. However if we do, then having five laureates (not the four as the Wiki list suggests) would mean NTNU are doing pretty well when one considers there are in excess of 15,000 uni's in the world at present. It appears that NTNU are ranked 1st in the world for having the biggest corporate links which, good or bad, means that research is geared to commercial and practical requirements rather than expanding the boundaries of knowledge.

It's better than Hamilton Technical College, I'll grant you, but on balance I think I'd still recommend MIT.

1 hour ago, Snatch said:

It's because you pointed out the bleeding fucking obvious in your post.

Actually the embedded version of the vid makes no mention of who produced and appeared in the film, so not so "bleeding fucking obvious", unless of course you are suggesting that the foreign language acronym for the Norwegian University of Science and Technology was universally known.

As usual Snatch, you have stuck your nose in and mouthed off without knowing the facts, however as the site's retard in residence you are excused this transgression. I did wonder why Wolfie made the same mistake then I remembered that this is the same guy who in all seriousness told us that the Jews funded not only the Nazi war machine but also bankrolled their own genocide. He also went on to say that the Third Reich's defence from the Allied onslaught was financed by the allies themselves.

17 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Actually the embedded version of the vid makes no mention of who produced and appeared in the film, so not so "bleeding fucking obvious", unless of course you are suggesting that the foreign language acronym for the Norwegian University of Science and Technology was universally known.

As usual Snatch, you have stuck your nose in and mouthed off without knowing the facts, however as the site's retard in residence you are excused this transgression. I did wonder why Wolfie made the same mistake then I remembered that this is the same guy who in all seriousness told us that the Jews funded not only the Nazi war machine but also bankrolled their own genocide. He also went on to say that the Third Reich's defence from the Allied onslaught was financed by the allies themselves.

If you read what he originally wrote,and I quote "clearly mentioned in the video's main title and ensuing description",which is easy enough to work out ,you'd realise why it was bleeding fucking obvious. So wind your fucking neck in.

52 minutes ago, Snatch said:

If you read what he originally wrote,and I quote "clearly mentioned in the video's main title and ensuing description",which is easy enough to work out ,you'd realise why it was bleeding fucking obvious. So wind your fucking neck in.

There are times when I doubt you are able to walk and talk at the same time without injuring yourself :rolleyes:...

I chose not to wind my neck in, however I append what I feel should be done to your own neck as sung in this delightful cover version of a Fleet Foxes song (a previous seasonal offering of mine). It quite disturbing seeing schoolgirls singing some very dark lyrics. The lyrics are repetitive, quite apt considering the nature of previous posts...

1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

While your imperious demeanour comes as little surprise, what is more surprising is your sweeping generalisation of an argument I put forward some while ago, during a debate with you. And, while my hangover is preventing me from again getting involved (today at least), I recall merely saying much of Nazi Germany's wealth was essentially mortgaged to US-run (and Jewish-owned) banks and companies that profited from their involvement with Nazi Germany – an irony when you consider the same people also financed the US' war effort. I also pointed out Germany needed to continually invade other countries to sustain its debt spending, hence its need for a war machine.

I think you'll agree I've shown you a good deal of respect since our previous spats, chiefly on another site as well as here. It's a real shame you've responded to my frivolous jibe in a riled manner, because it wasn't intended as such. As I've said before: if you can't take it, don't dish it out. As an otherwise excellent moderator who continually places herself on a pedestal, you of all people ought to know this.

What's also a shame is you take little snipes at me while responding to Snatch. If you wish to engage with me, do it directly. I hitherto thought I had your many traits sussed – though cowardice was not one of them.

• Like 1