CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Bad Science and those thick cunts at Sky News

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

I've read the book, Bad Science by Ben Goldacre and it demonstrates a good point. People don't know what they're fucking on about. 

The following quote from Sky News demonstrates this wonderfully,

"The mercury hit an eye - watering 46.6C (115.9F) in the Spanish town of El Granado on Saturday, falling just 0.3C (32.5F) shy of a national high and 1.4C (34.5F) away from a continental record"

This thick ignorant shitwad has obviously been told to convert C to F by doubling and adding 31.9, or thereabouts. And fair enough, for converting one to the other it's close enough. But for expressing differences in a range it fucking most definitely isn't. If you work out the maximum continental record it's 46.6C + 1.4C = 48C, now convert to F, (48 × 2) + 31.9 = 128F. This is a difference of 12.1F not 34.5F you stupid fucking pricks.

This must be the most boring nom. ever for which I offer no apologies as I'm confident that Baws, Roops and Ape will love it.

18 minutes ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

I've read the book, Bad Science by Ben Goldacre and it demonstrates a good point. People don't know what they're fucking on about. 

"The mercury hit an eye - watering 46.6C (115.9F) in the Spanish town of El Granado on Saturday, falling just 0.3C (32.5F) shy of a national high and 1.4C (34.5F) away from a continental record"

This thick ignorant shitwad has obviously been told to convert C to F by doubling and adding 31.9, or thereabouts. And fair enough, for converting one to the other it's close enough. But for expressing differences in a range it fucking most definitely isn't. If you work out the maximum continental record it's 46.6C + 1.4C = 48C, now convert to F, (48 × 2) + 31.9 = 128F. This is a difference of 12.1F not 34.5F you stupid fucking pricks.

This must be the most boring nom. ever for which I offer no apologies as I'm confident that Baws, Roops and Ape will love it.

I'm sliding off the chair.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

Has the thermometer-mindful hot weather prompted you to find new ways to keep your Morrisons Savers cider cold?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drew P Pissflaps said:

Why can't everyone just use Kelvin?

Kelvin temperature conversion formulae
  from kelvins to kelvins
Celsius [°C] = [K] − 273.15 [K] = [°C] + 273.15
Fahrenheit [°F] = [K] × 95 − 459.67 [K] = ([°F] + 459.67) × 59
Rankine [°R] = [K] × 95 [K] = [°R] × 59
For temperature intervals rather than specific temperatures,
1 K = 1 °C = 95 °F = 95 °R
Comparisons among various temperature scales

Guest Drew P Pissflaps
7 hours ago, Iam Ape said:

I never had you down as a man of science, Drew; I’ve always regarded you as a drunken, bungalow dwelling village idiot.

Thanks Ape. That means a lot coming from you. 

Fuck, no. What am I thinking. I dont give a fuck what you think.

On 8/5/2018 at 11:49 AM, Cuntybaws said:

Why can't everyone just use Kelvin?

Kelvin temperature conversion formulae
  from kelvins to kelvins
Celsius [°C] = [K] − 273.15 [K] = [°C] + 273.15
Fahrenheit [°F] = [K] × 95 − 459.67 [K] = ([°F] + 459.67) × 59
Rankine [°R] = [K] × 95 [K] = [°R] × 59
For temperature intervals rather than specific temperatures,
1 K = 1 °C = 95 °F = 95 °R
Comparisons among various temperature scales

Fuck KELVIN!