CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

BBC sports personality of the year

Eric Cuntman

• 1 year later...

The Beeb are trickling out the nominations for this year’s Shitefest, but even with only Broad and Hamilton in the hat, I think we can continue the tradition of denouncing the contest as an utter charade and politically influenced garbage. I imagine Captain Tom will win it, as the BBC had the rights to his garden. Bollocks to it. 

I could always live with the dichotomy of this having 'Personality' in the title (Steve Davis??? The fucking chalk has more personality!). I could even understand the politics involved and was glad the fishing dullards never got to glop off over Bob Nudd's attempts to win the thing after gerrymandering the vote back in the '90's

Up to about 15 years ago, it'd always be an opportunity to review the best sporting events of the past year, pretty much unedited. So you got to see, say, Kriss Akabusi just killing Antonio Pettigrew in the final leg of the 4x400 relay at the World Athletics championships in 1991 and you'd go 'fuck yeah!' and get a momentary righteous glow of national pride. You'd get a montage of sporting cock ups, Red Rum dropping his guts all over the studio floor and that was it - 2 hours of nostalgia and real entertainment.

I dunno when the editorial panel decided that wasn't good enough and we should have fast-cut edits, whirls, close ups of a goalpost, Eddie Butler channeling Laurence Olivier, Gary Lineker channeling Ricky Gervaise ('cept without the laughs), a fucking huge crowd and a show with more bombast and duration than Emperor Bokassa's coronation - with about as much interest for a British audience.

I hope the entire cast get fucked to death by pigs

45 minutes ago, Jiggerycock said:

I could always live with the dichotomy of this having 'Personality' in the title (Steve Davis??? The fucking chalk has more personality!). I could even understand the politics involved and was glad the fishing dullards never got to glop off over Bob Nudd's attempts to win the thing after gerrymandering the vote back in the '90's

Up to about 15 years ago, it'd always be an opportunity to review the best sporting events of the past year, pretty much unedited. So you got to see, say, Kriss Akabusi just killing Antonio Pettigrew in the final leg of the 4x400 relay at the World Athletics championships in 1991 and you'd go 'fuck yeah!' and get a momentary righteous glow of national pride. You'd get a montage of sporting cock ups, Red Rum dropping his guts all over the studio floor and that was it - 2 hours of nostalgia and real entertainment.

I dunno when the editorial panel decided that wasn't good enough and we should have fast-cut edits, whirls, close ups of a goalpost, Eddie Butler channeling Laurence Olivier, Gary Lineker channeling Ricky Gervaise ('cept without the laughs), a fucking huge crowd and a show with more bombast and duration than Emperor Bokassa's coronation - with about as much interest for a British audience.

I hope the entire cast get fucked to death by pigs

It'll be out of Hamilton for winning F1 (no personality) Rashford (has done fuck all on the pitch but did the school meals thing), some disabled person (ticks box) and...........? 

Anyone else done anything this year? No doubt they'll be slathering over that cheating little cunt Maradona. Complete shitfest presented by the big eared, tax dodging cunt Lineker and no doubt big nose Gabby. 

16 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

It'll be out of Hamilton for winning F1 (no personality) Rashford (has done fuck all on the pitch but did the school meals thing), some disabled person (ticks box) and...........? 

Anyone else done anything this year? No doubt they'll be slathering over that cheating little cunt Maradona. Complete shitfest presented by the big eared, tax dodging cunt Lineker and no doubt big nose Gabby. 

Oh God yeah I'd already forgotten about Maradonna and his hagiography that is going to hang over this twitching corpse like a damp shroud.

I've never heard anyone, bar Peter Shilton, go 'he may have been a decent footballer but he'll basically remembered as a world-class cheat, ripped to the tits both on and off the field for most of his career'.

I doubtvery much the BBC will dare tell it like it is in a couple of weeks time

22 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

They'll shoehorn Hollie Doyle in there for equality sake, pus it's been a bit of a thin year what with no Olympics and lockdown making everything fade into one dull blur

1 minute ago, Jiggerycock said:

The person just been nominated as the next candidate for Sports Personality of the Year - as predicted by me 2 hours before it happened.

Damn I'm good! Kiss my face!!

Just wish my punting showed as much foresight.

4th in the flat jockey's championship. Will Oisin Murphy get a  nomination seeing as he won the fucking thing?