CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

'Cookie Monster' vocals by Death / Doom / Black Metal bands

Jiggerycock

Yeah I know this is pretty much one of the defining facets of the genre, but why for fucks sake?

No kidding, there's guitar work going on the like of which cannot be bettered this side of Segovia. The lyrical themes are generally novel and thought provoking and all in all, plenty of the groups mining this seam can rock my world mightily (your tastes may vary, naturally......you fucking lightweights!).

So there I am, getting down with my bad self, and cue this guttural , generic, white-noise that oh-so many of these bands go in for.

I dunno, I suppose they're trying to evoke the presence of Beelzebub or some shit but it's lame and unnecessary and, in the case of that fat cunt from Candlemass, just another reason to loathe their body of work

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Neil said:

Killswitch Engage are a prime example,stupid though cos the cunt belts out a decent tune and can sing.These other cunts will die of throat cancer soon anyway.

Yeah - prime example, as you say.

'The Arms of Sorrow' just rocks right up to 'there must be serenity',

I mean why does he do that? You're blazing away doing your thing (powering up weights in the gym say for me or, for the rest of you, foot up on an imaginary monitor, singing into a celery stick, staring at your four blackened walls of your bedsit, tuna pasta bake for one sizzling away on the Belling stove) right up to that point, when the whole song (blindly) descends into this guttural nothing.

Proper off-pissing!

4 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

Yeah I know this is pretty much one of the defining facets of the genre, but why for fucks sake?

No kidding, there's guitar work going on the like of which cannot be bettered this side of Segovia. The lyrical themes are generally novel and thought provoking and all in all, plenty of the groups mining this seam can rock my world mightily (your tastes may vary, naturally......you fucking lightweights!).

So there I am, getting down with my bad self, and cue this guttural , generic, white-noise that oh-so many of these bands go in for.

I dunno, I suppose they're trying to evoke the presence of Beelzebub or some shit but it's lame and unnecessary and, in the case of that fat cunt from Candlemass, just another reason to loathe their body of work

They do it because, 'proper' singing is for girls.

6 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

I don't know whether it's incipient cataracts, a mental block or sheer depravity but I keep reading "Cock Monster vocals. 

8 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

Indeed. It became a trend some years back for a heavy tune with some Beiber like lead singer who goes full Cookie Monster during the chorus, presumably to make up for his non bollock dropped performance in the verses

I don’t mind a good bit of yelling and shouting if you’ve got something to say but the incomprehensible growling shite is a gimmick 

Wheres my Reign in Blood CD...