CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Ryan Gosling

Roadkill

Went to see the new Blade Runner today - pretty much like the last one - beautiful visuals, slightly crappier music than the original but it got the atmosphere OK apart from the absolutely shite lead actor. I understand why they decided to get such a blank faced and boring git to play a replicant, but the bits where he is actually required to show some emotion were Nicholas Cage levels of overacting due to him having to put about ten times more effort than a normal person would to move his atrophied facial muscles into something resembling a human expression:

feb7ca59b0ecd5960ba566c64bb6c706c9faf252

18 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Went to see the new Blade Runner today - pretty much like the last one - beautiful visuals, slightly crappier music than the original but it got the atmosphere OK apart from the absolutely shite lead actor. I understand why they decided to get such a blank faced and boring git to play a replicant, but the bits where he is actually required to show some emotion were Nicholas Cage levels of overacting due to him having to put about ten times more effort than a normal person would to move his atrophied facial muscles into something resembling a human expression:

Looks James Morrison 

45 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

I haven't seen it, but I can't imagine he could possibly hit the high notes of overacting that Nicholas Cage managed brilliantly in the manic psycho persona he carried off in 'Face Off'. The last thing I saw Gosling in was about white supremacists, playing a skinhead. Can't remember what it was called but he was fairly blank and lifeless in it.

• Like 1

Just now, Eric Cuntman said:

I haven't seen it, but I can't imagine he could possibly hit the high notes of overacting that Nicholas Cage managed brilliantly in the manic psycho persona he carried off in 'Face Off'. The last thing I saw Gosling in was about white supremacists, playing a skinhead. Can't remember what it was called but he was fairly blank and lifeless in it.

Blank and lifeless seems to be his specialty - it seems to physically hurt him to express any kind emotion.

2 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Blank and lifeless seems to be his specialty - it seems to physically hurt him to express any kind emotion.

He certainly didn't manage to convey any life or feeling into the part of an American nazi. I'm not a great fan of Edward Norton, but he managed it in American History X, to the extent where he turned it around and had the audience rooting for him.

7 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

He certainly didn't manage to convey any life or feeling into the part of an American nazi. I'm not a great fan of Edward Norton, but he managed it in American History X, to the extent where he turned it around and had the audience rooting for him.

I would like Norton more if he didn't constantly sound like a bitchy teenager on her first period. It works well for some specific roles but it becomes hard to take him seriously when he tries to be intimidating.