CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Christmas

Wolfie

We're barely into the second week of November and this two-month long shitfest has already begun. It doesn't matter where I turn – TV, internet or radio – there's an adult putting on some stupid fucking childish voice, trying to sell something few people actually need. I'm sick to the back teeth of it. And it's going to last until the end of December, which each year yields the biggest anti-climax known to modern man: the 'big day'.

While I respect the fact it's an exciting time for kids, it puts parents under unnecessary strain to afford not only price-inflated presents their loud, violent, stinky, snotty, spoilt little bundles of joy must have, it also creates a pressure-cooker situation in which the real meaning of being unselfish and forgiving has been completely forgotten because people no longer have time to appreciate it. Many families will suffer financially throughout January and February because of the expense of the relentless cuntfest, while one friend (who has two brats) said to me last week 'we're just going to have to get through it this year'. Nice.

If your family is anything like mine, you too will spend the day clock-watching as the Buck's Fizz goes down and the faux politeness disappears, with aunts and uncles (especially aunts) developing huge fucking McCain oven chips on their shoulders and tearing into one another. For me, this is the highlight of Christmas.

It's become a capitalist's playground which seems to go squarely against the grain of getting away from the drudgery of work to relax. More than any other class, retailers appeal to and seem to fleece the most gullible, chavvy, council-dwelling fuckwits for every penny they have, who in turn have been brainwashed into thinking December 25 is their raison d'être and sole purpose in life, putting their shitty, embarrassing, energy-wasting Chinese decorations on display six weeks prematurely.

As an atheist, I couldn't give a monkeys about the 'festive' period's religious aspect (I'll wager the real St Nicholas was a prolific drunk fond of children in many ways), however, people ought to have the right to enjoy an easygoing period of a genuine public holiday. If you work in retail, as millions do, it must be hell on Earth.

And there's the fucking relationship with snow. While this ironic marketing facet may be appropriate for a country such as Canada, it generally pisses it down each year in Britain, which travelling relatives suffer for hours while staring at the backend of thousands of other cars on our congested motorways. If it did snow, no one would be able to get anywhere in the first place.

I hate Christmas, and I can't wait until it's over for an other 10 months. It should be illegal – or at least have advertising and decorations constraints placed upon it. I wish the whole thing would just fuck clean off, I really do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

We're barely into the second week of November and this two-month long shitfest has already begun. It doesn't matter where I turn – TV, internet or radio – there's an adult putting on some stupid fucking childish voice, trying to sell something few people actually need. I'm sick to the back teeth of it. And it's going to last until the end of December, which each year yields the biggest anti-climax known to modern man: the 'big day'.

While I respect the fact it's an exciting time for kids, it puts parents under unnecessary strain to afford not only price-inflated presents their loud, violent, stinky, snotty, spoilt little bundles of joy must have, it also creates a pressure-cooker situation in which the real meaning of being unselfish and forgiving has been completely forgotten because people no longer have time to appreciate it. Many families will suffer financially throughout January and February because of the expense of the relentless cuntfest, while one friend (who has two brats) said to me last week 'we're just going to have to get through it this year'. Nice.

If your family is anything like mine, you too will spend the day clock-watching as the Buck's Fizz goes down and the faux politeness disappears, with aunts and uncles (especially aunts) developing huge fucking McCain oven chips on their shoulders and tearing into one another. For me, this is the highlight of Christmas.

It's become a capitalist's playground which seems to go squarely against the grain of getting away from the drudgery of work to relax. More than any other class, retailers appeal to and seem to fleece the most gullible, chavvy, council-dwelling fuckwits for every penny they have, who in turn have been brainwashed into thinking December 25 is their raison d'être and sole purpose in life, putting their shitty, embarrassing, energy-wasting Chinese decorations on display six weeks prematurely.

As an atheist, I couldn't give a monkeys about the 'festive' period's religious aspect (I'll wager the real St Nicholas was a prolific drunk fond of children in many ways), however, people ought to have the right to enjoy an easygoing period of a genuine public holiday. If you work in retail, as millions do, it must be hell on Earth.

And there's the fucking relationship with snow. While this ironic marketing facet may be appropriate for a country such as Canada, it generally pisses it down each year in Britain, which travelling relatives suffer for hours while staring at the backend of thousands of other cars on our congested motorways. If it did snow, no one would be able to get anywhere in the first place.

I hate Christmas, and I can't wait until it's over for an other 10 months. It should be illegal – or at least have advertising and decorations constraints placed upon it. I wish the whole thing would just fuck clean off, I really do.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Lol.

I love Christmas !

Fuck off.

1 hour ago, Ape said:

Me too - not the commercial aspect, but the family and friends part.

The family and friends part happens all year round as far as I'm concerned. We don't need some commercial bollocks for that.

2 minutes ago, Snatch said:

The family and friends part happens all year round as far as I'm concerned. We don't need some commercial bollocks for that.

Well you’re lucky then, but some families and friends are separated by big distances, and Christmas is a time when everyone can get together. Having children also makes it special.

I have no family, friends or kids.

I fucking love Christmas. A day off and fuck all to do. Paradise. And not very expensive. I always have a row with Mrs Manky about 23rd Dec, which causes me to throw her (non existent) present away.

19 minutes ago, Manky said:

I have no family, friends or kids.

I fucking love Christmas. A day off and fuck all to do. Paradise. And not very expensive. I always have a row with Mrs Manky about 23rd Dec, which causes me to throw her (non existent) present away.

A day off, as opposed to a mini holiday like most others? You make it sound as though you've been granted a 24-hour escape from a pre-1900s Mancunian cotton workhouse. Or has the city's fear of offending the unstoppable onslaught of Islam been responsible for such a short break?

19 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

Ah mistletoe n wine...and the lovely Ruth Jones in the tesco ad ....mmm..I'd ate her alive ...merry fukmas to y'all 

Panzerknacker 

More like weed and Foster's in your case, you Irish peasant. I'm sure Ruth would also fancy you if your paths crossed, such is her penchant for unemployable, middle-aged men with no job, no money, shit cars and a sense of humour so vacuous you can see it from space. Nollaig Shona.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

A day off, as opposed to a mini holiday like most others? You make it sound as though you've been granted a 24-hour escape from a pre-1900s Mancunian cotton workhouse. Or has the city's fear of offending the unstoppable onslaught of Islam been responsible for such a short break?

Yup. One day off. Until 5 years ago, it was a normal work day albeit with nothing to do. Boxing day, New Years day and all other Bank Holidays are normal working days so either shift or day off. These car parks don't run themselves.

Fuck them all. 5 years and a few months to retirement.

37 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

More like weed and Foster's in your case, you Irish peasant. I'm sure Ruth would also fancy you if your paths crossed, such is her penchant for unemployable, middle-aged men with no job, no money, shit cars and a sense of humour so vacuous you can see it from space. Nollaig Shona.

Mm..sure if we were all as successful as you ...designing mansions and then living in them there'd be nothin to aspire to Sir wuggington the turd

Panzerknacker 

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Oh fuck, not already?

Wolf, this clearly pre-written atrocity is a crime against humanity.

Just when you think the consumerfest might pass un-noticed...and you've started Roops off!

Cunt!

4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

This year's John Lewis Christmas advert was disappointing. That said, I love Crimbo, me

Please, for the love of God, tell me that irony was involved in the above...