CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Cover Bands

Neil

Why the fuck would any cunt pay to watch some half talented wanker pretending to be someone they're not?.Fucking boils my piss when I'm told that Think Floyd or Nowaysis were "Awesome"....fuck off and listen to Michael Ball or Hugh Laurie.Talentless cunts                

• Like 2

I have heard that in Manchester, somewhere, we have an Asian Elvis impersonator called, wait for it, Patelvis. I would watch him just for the giggle.

I fucking detested Elvis, the fucking spam lard bucket.

Some of them are very good, some are dreadful. Oddly many of the best Beatles tribute bands are American. This lot for example, all the right guitars and drums, passable Liverpool accents if you don't listen too closely and they sound like the Beatles. It's about as close as you'll come to hearing the Beatles live, probably better in fact because you can actually hear them minus the screaming. They do seem to be playing live. I can spot miming a mile off. The only thing I suspect is fake are the big Vox amps, which I think  are just for show, nothing appears to be plugged into them and they don't seem to be miked up.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Why the fuck would any cunt pay to watch some half talented wanker pretending to be someone they're not?.Fucking boils my piss when I'm told that Think Floyd or Nowaysis were "Awesome"....fuck off and listen to Michael Ball or Hugh Laurie.Talentless cunts                

Cover bands are for the working classes only Neil. It's what they're used to from working men's club in between games of bingo and the meat draw.

I'd machinegun their benefits fattened arses to buggery

Guest judgetwi
18 minutes ago, Rick_B said:

Some of them are very good, some are dreadful. Oddly many of the best Beatles tribute bands are American. This lot for example, all the right guitars and drums, passable Liverpool accents if you don't listen too closely and they sound like the Beatles. It's about as close as you'll come to hearing the Beatles live, probably better in fact because you can actually hear them minus the screaming. They do seem to be playing live. I can spot miming a mile off. The only thing I suspect is fake are the big Vox amps, which I think  are just for show, nothing appears to be plugged into them and they don't seem to be miked up.

Saw these cunts at Knebworth 4 or 5 years ago. I must admit from a distance they looked and sounded like the real thing. I’m not sure how a hardcore Beatles fan would react though. I agree it’s a bit weird.

Guest judgetwi
14 minutes ago, ratcum said:

I like to act out Operation Barbarossa but refuse to dress up as a tank

Very sensible Herr Oberst. You don’t want Ivan chasing your arse down the road in his T-34. Too risky.

Doing covers in the practice room is fine. It helps a band find their feet, and see how they gel together as a group, but on the stage it's basically admitting your are competent enough at your instrument of choice (depending on who you're covering) but have the actual songwriting ability and imagination of a shit-covered doorknob.

Elvana mix it up a bit I guess, but even that screams "sad bastards". Two songs in and the gimmick has worn off.

3 hours ago, Rick_B said:

I wish you would post more often Rick. I really do. 

4 hours ago, ratcum said:

Imagine if an Australian band copied The Australian Pink Floyd but with shite American accents eh Smach?

I can't believe it's not butter

Confusion and larks a plenty Ratters old bean.