CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Nigel Farage

Decimus

Guest Couldn't give a shit
On 12/01/2018 at 1:08 PM, Mrs Roops said:

Would it?, How has it been demolished? As for your first sentence - that's an interesting one and something I wouldn't like to speculate. Its worth noting that most politicos are shying away from another referendum as memories of SNP noise about a second Scottish Independence vote dissipated when they received a pounding at the last general election. La Sturgeon has been noticeably subdued of late... In any case, what exactly is in the Remainers armoury? All the dire warning promulgated by Project Fear have, thus far, been shown to be widely inaccurate.

Shall I start with the most absurd claim by Farage and friends? £350 million quid a week for the NHS ring any bells? Dominic Cummings the vote leave campaign director has admitted that it was a slogan he pulled out of his arse. Yet they slapped it on buses and hoardings all over the country knowing it was complete bollocks. The UK has never made a net contribution of more than £160 million a week to the EU so where the fuck the other £190 million is going to come from when we are going to be paying anything up to £60 BILLION in a divorce settlement is something that Farage and Boris are having a great deal of difficulty explaining.

Or how about free trade with the EU after Brexit? Farage repeatedly said during referendum debates that we could simply walk away from the EU sign trade agreements with Commonwealth countries, the US and China telling audiences that the EU would just sit back and do fuck all because the UK is the world's 5th largest economy. What he didn't tell anyone is that the EU has banned shitloads of products from these countries because they contravene EU safety standards (US beef being one of the most notable) and by having open trade with these countries it is highly likely that our production chain will become contaminated with these products (Chinese baby formula anyone?) meaning that the EU will ban OUR products as well. What is clear is that we are the world's 5th largest economy because we have negotiated trade deals as a member of the EU from a position of strength, something that we won't have when it comes to negotiating with the US and China. As for Farage's claim that the German car industry's concerns will mean the UK will get a good deal, I can only say this, Farage has been ranting for years saying that the EU is slow and cackhanded when it comes to trade deals so why does he think that any deal is going to be swayed by a few phone calls from the Chief executives of BMW, Mercedes and Audi? I would draw his attention to the trade deal recently signed with Canada which took 12 YEARS to iron out and greatly favours the EU. Losing the UK market will eventually be made up by opening up new ones with emerging economies and we will be paying the EU to access the single market with absolutely no say in how it is run. 

The SNP are being rolled back not just because of talk of another referendum but because people are sick of their spiteful and empty policies. I work with a lot of Scots and they are relieved that Scotland is still part of the UK because  Salmond and Sturgeon based their projections of a post independence economy on interest rates remaining low and the price of oil remaining high. Despite the incompetence of Alistair Darling, it was easy for the no camp to dismantle the SNP economic argument. Many Scots were also turned off by the blatant attempt by the nationalists to rig the vote the relentless intimidation of no voters. With Brexit however, it would seem that there has been major shift in opinion toward remaining in the EU now the consequences are becoming clear. Brexit will not effect the flow of immigration because the EU is demanding the free movement of people. Brexit will not mean our laws being made entirely in the UK because relevant laws will have to be harmonised with EU legislation. Brexit will not mean that will be able to trade freely with other nations in the short term because the EU won't allow a former member to run an open shop on it's doorstep that will undercut them. Nick Clegg, for all of his shortcomings, explained this in great detail during the debates. 

Just because the pound and the stock market are relatively stable at the moment that doesn't mean they will remain that way after next March. Many of the major banks are preparing to register headquarters in Frankfurt and even conservative estimates by the chambers of commerce are predicting the loss of more than 100,000 jobs in the city which will undoubtedly have a trickle down effect, not to mention the catastrophic aftermath on local economies when the multinationals start pulling out. 

So before you say Crisis, what crisis? Stop reading the Daily Mail and look at what the captains of industry are doing. 

1 hour ago, White van man said:

I don't mind controlled immigration. I run my own business and deal quite a bit with people from abroad and can honestly say I've not met one who i dislike. 

Freedom of movement is between the EU members. I don't know for certain so can only guess that any trade deal the EU and non EU countries have signed didnt involve freedom of movement.

I'd imagine the union is so large it has the muscle to not allow visa for trade to be on the table in any trade agreement. .. .UK on its own may well have to give visas when dealing with India.. Pakistan or China 

Panzerknacker 

9 minutes ago, Couldn't give a shit said:

What he didn't tell anyone is that the EU has banned shitloads of products from these countries because they contravene EU safety standards (US beef being one of the most notable) and by having open trade with these countries it is highly likely that our production chain will become contaminated with these products (Chinese baby formula anyone?) meaning that the EU will ban OUR products as well.

I've had this out with her before.

As you say, the UK will be flooded with substandard, dangerous products from countries that aren't subject to stringent EU health and safety laws. You say Chinese baby formula, I say Chinese steel.

Strangely, despite claiming to endorse Brexit as an opportunity for British business and manufacturing, she endlessly defended the fantastic opportunity to subsidise the Chinese economy at the expense of the British steel industry.

15 minutes ago, Decimus said:

As you say, the UK will be flooded with substandard, dangerous products from countries that aren't subject to stringent EU health and safety laws. You say Chinese baby formula, I say Chinese steel.

Strangely, despite claiming to endorse Brexit as an opportunity for British business and manufacturing, she endlessly defended the fantastic opportunity to subsidise the Chinese economy at the expense of the British steel industry.

Anyone who remembers the negotiation for the handover of Hong Kong should know that the Chinese are utterly ruthless and they have very long memories. They still regard the Opium wars and the unequal treaties as a recent national humiliation. We don't have anything China wants except money to buy their shit. Mark my words negotiating a trade deal with these fuckers is going to be like selling our souls to Satan

16 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Some Chinese caphead bolts got through the net at work and were installed in a rig. M42 thread size and supposedly 12.9 grade. The heads twisted off at about half installation torque. Utter fucking rubbish, and more importantly, potentially lethal too.

Guest White van man
35 minutes ago, Couldn't give a shit said:

Shall I start with the most absurd claim by Farage and friends? £350 million quid a week for the NHS ring any bells? Dominic Cummings the vote leave campaign director has admitted that it was a slogan he pulled out of his arse. Yet they slapped it on buses and hoardings all over the country knowing it was complete bollocks. The UK has never made a net contribution of more than £160 million a week to the EU so where the fuck the other £190 million is going to come from when we are going to be paying anything up to £60 BILLION in a divorce settlement is something that Farage and Boris are having a great deal of difficulty explaining.

Or how about free trade with the EU after Brexit? Farage repeatedly said during referendum debates that we could simply walk away from the EU sign trade agreements with Commonwealth countries, the US and China telling audiences that the EU would just sit back and do fuck all because the UK is the world's 5th largest economy. What he didn't tell anyone is that the EU has banned shitloads of products from these countries because they contravene EU safety standards (US beef being one of the most notable) and by having open trade with these countries it is highly likely that our production chain will become contaminated with these products (Chinese baby formula anyone?) meaning that the EU will ban OUR products as well. What is clear is that we are the world's 5th largest economy because we have negotiated trade deals as a member of the EU from a position of strength, something that we won't have when it comes to negotiating with the US and China. As for Farage's claim that the German car industry's concerns will mean the UK will get a good deal, I can only say this, Farage has been ranting for years saying that the EU is slow and cackhanded when it comes to trade deals so why does he think that any deal is going to be swayed by a few phone calls from the Chief executives of BMW, Mercedes and Audi? I would draw his attention to the trade deal recently signed with Canada which took 12 YEARS to iron out and greatly favours the EU. Losing the UK market will eventually be made up by opening up new ones with emerging economies and we will be paying the EU to access the single market with absolutely no say in how it is run. 

The SNP are being rolled back not just because of talk of another referendum but because people are sick of their spiteful and empty policies. I work with a lot of Scots and they are relieved that Scotland is still part of the UK because  Salmond and Sturgeon based their projections of a post independence economy on interest rates remaining low and the price of oil remaining high. Despite the incompetence of Alistair Darling, it was easy for the no camp to dismantle the SNP economic argument. Many Scots were also turned off by the blatant attempt by the nationalists to rig the vote the relentless intimidation of no voters. With Brexit however, it would seem that there has been major shift in opinion toward remaining in the EU now the consequences are becoming clear. Brexit will not effect the flow of immigration because the EU is demanding the free movement of people. Brexit will not mean our laws being made entirely in the UK because relevant laws will have to be harmonised with EU legislation. Brexit will not mean that will be able to trade freely with other nations in the short term because the EU won't allow a former member to run an open shop on it's doorstep that will undercut them. Nick Clegg, for all of his shortcomings, explained this in great detail during the debates. 

Just because the pound and the stock market are relatively stable at the moment that doesn't mean they will remain that way after next March. Many of the major banks are preparing to register headquarters in Frankfurt and even conservative estimates by the chambers of commerce are predicting the loss of more than 100,000 jobs in the city which will undoubtedly have a trickle down effect, not to mention the catastrophic aftermath on local economies when the multinationals start pulling out. 

So before you say Crisis, what crisis? Stop reading the Daily Mail and look at what the captains of industry are doing. 

The ONS figures for 2015 suggest the UKs gross contribution to the EU before they gave us some of our own money back totalled 19.6 billion - or about 376 million a week.

Just now, White van man said:

The ONS figures for 2015 suggest the UKs gross contribution to the EU before they gave us some of our own money back totalled 19.6 billion - or about 376 million a week.

That's why I said NET contribution.

Guest White van man
31 minutes ago, Decimus said:

1 hour ago, Decimus said:

As I recall you cited your father-in-law, allegedly a welder of 40 years experience, as your source of inside information, when clearly you had Googled a year old article (since discredited) put out by a British steel trade association. Now that you have been schooled, perhaps you and others could explain why Brexit will result in the UK being "flooded with substandard, dangerous products"? This has never been fully explained.

14 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

As I recall you cited your father-in-law, allegedly a welder of 40 years experience, as your source of inside information, when clearly you had Googled a year old article (since discredited) put out by a British steel trade association. Now that you have been schooled, perhaps you and others could explain why Brexit will result in the UK being "flooded with substandard, dangerous products"? This has never been fully explained.

Do you ever get sick of huffing your own farts, Roops?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Not wishing to seriously enter this debate, but he does have a point as far as the Chinese producing god awful substandard shite. They've done it for decades and put thousands of companies over here out of business by offering a 40% cheaper, inferior product. But to be honest, we only have ourselves to blame for the influx of crap, as we weren't prepared to pay for the real thing and opened the floodgates to convenient mediocrity.

2 hours ago, Couldn't give a shit said:

I think you fell for all the pig fucker's tax payer sponsored bollocks. It is not just about trade. Nick the orange book Liberal Clegg may have insights from his days as an EU trade negotiator, but trade is just one aspect.

The club will be less its second biggest contributor. It will struggle without the UK plc revenue. It still has to support basket cases. Greece is in such a mess, it can't realistically pay off its debts. Spain, Portugal and Republic of Ireland are in a similar shit state. The banking sector in the EU is a steaming pile of shit. It is still printing large sums of fucking funny money almost 10 years after the financial meltdown. Without this quantitative easing it would be in meltdown. There is no end in site for this program or gradual tapering off. The greater the distance from it, the better.

There is the growing issue of certain newer members not liking the influx of goat herders from across the med. They don't want any of these people being dumped on them. Watch how they are hauled into line by the controlling non elected executive of this shitty club. Hardly a democratic institution.

Then there is the issue of creeping sovereignty. This is project super state. This intention is well known.  

They can stick their stinking club up their arse.

2 hours ago, Couldn't give a shit said:

I see. So apart from being thick little Englanders bereft of university education you now attempt to further demonise Brexiteers by being Daily Mail readers? As it happens, I used to be paid obscene amounts of money to "look at what the captains of industry are doing". Now I am paid by one of the captains to smooth ruffled feathers or kick arse where required. Its Saturday night and party o'clock beckons so I'll try and be concise. I queried your assertion that "most of the leave argument has been completely demolished with regards to trade with the EU and the rest of the world post Brexit". For reasons known only to you chose to bring up Boris' misleading NHS tag line which has bugger all to do with trade. You did however mention CETA (which has yet to be ratified) a process that was very nearly scuppered by Walloon (a small region in Belgium) farmers and therein lies the point. When the EU negotiates, all 27 countries, each with their own protectionist needs have to be catered for. The UK when negotiating with counties that takes in 60% of our exports will not be so restricted, in fact as a member of the EU it would have been illegal to negotiate tariffs on a unilateral basis. Rest assured, the only thing multi-national will move (if at all) will be the brass plate. Simply put, the UK will be more flexible and quicker off the mark when we are able to play the world market on our own terms rather than wait for 26 other countries to get its act together.

8 minutes ago, Ape said:

Some people take being perceived as extremely knowledgeable extremely seriously, RK. 

I understand rubbing it in occasionally but at this point she's ground it into a fine powder, mixed it with olive oil and spices, and using it as lubricant to viciously fist anyone who disagrees. Imagine what she's like in a real argument face-to-face. She'd have Hannibal Lecter in tears...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Not at all, my original assertion was based upon both the professional opinions of my father-in-law and his colleagues, plus numerous other sources both online and offline. 

Can you honestly claim that you have any sort of direct, or even indirect experience of the qualities of Chinese steel beyond internet research? If so perhaps you might like to enlighten us.

The fact remains that it has been widely acknowledged that Chinese steel is dangerous, inferior and substandard when compared to British steel, by people who actually work within industrial workplaces and haven't just made a snap evaluation based upon trawling online articles favourable to a certain political viewpoint.

I won't argue the minutiae again, but for anyone who missed it first time around, please form your own opinions regarding this argument by reading the original posts.

1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

I see. So apart from being thick little Englanders bereft of university education you now attempt to further demonise Brexiteers by being Daily Mail readers? As it happens, I used to be paid obscene amounts of money to "look at what the captains of industry are doing". Now I am paid by one of the captains to smooth ruffled feathers or kick arse where required. Its Saturday night and party o'clock beckons so I'll try and be concise. I queried your assertion that "most of the leave argument has been completely demolished with regards to trade with the EU and the rest of the world post Brexit". For reasons known only to you chose to bring up Boris' misleading NHS tag line which has bugger all to do with trade. You did however mention CETA (which has yet to be ratified) a process that was very nearly scuppered by Walloon (a small region in Belgium) farmers and therein lies the point. When the EU negotiates, all 27 countries, each with their own protectionist needs have to be catered for. The UK when negotiating with counties that takes in 60% of our exports will not be so restricted, in fact as a member of the EU it would have been illegal to negotiate tariffs on a unilateral basis. Rest assured, the only thing multi-national will move (if at all) will be the brass plate. Simply put, the UK will be more flexible and quicker off the mark when we are able to play the world market on our own terms rather than wait for 26 other countries to get its act together.

Fuck! I thought you were a dentist.

2 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Fuck! I thought you were a dentist.

That was my original career path, which changed when I joined a firm which designed and manufactured medical devices. A couple of post grad qualifications, a few career changes which neatly segwayed into each other and here we are!