CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Hartlepool

Decimus

37 minutes ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

Over the last 40 years, after a youth spent chucking bricks at NF marches, I have been a shop-steward, a branch secretary and served on the divisional and national committees  of two different unions. I packed it up a few years ago after I found myself appointed (not elected) to attend an AGM; wielding over two thousand votes representing "my" members, about ten of whom I'd actually met. The leadership and paid officers (of this well-known, moderate union) had no idea of the views of the general membership and saw the whole movement as a cover for Trotskyite influence. These people often don't have a background in the industry they represent but are over-paid career shit-stirrers.

I like to think that I helped a few people during this time; In some way used my education to fuck the bourgeoisie. I don't think many people care about the colour of their leaders' flags, they just want to be treated fairly.

I had some minor activity in a union role a few years ago whilst I was still fuelled by youthful idealism and memories of student protests and marches. Unfortunately, I became disillusioned far quicker than you, and my impact by the end of my time was negligible. 

My particular union whilst making all the right noises, did next to nothing in my 12 years of membership to combat any of the major changes that detrimentally affected its members. We had reorganisations, pay scale regradings, a final salary pension changed to a career average, and most recently our redundancy multiplier was almost halved.

Old hats will still tell new members of staff to join the Union "just in case you need them", but myself and an increasing number of others have withdrawn completely, and membership appears to be falling in new members of staff, too. The sad fact is, regardless of whether you need them or not, they are largely toothless in 21st century Britain.

10 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

Angel Rayner sacked. Thank fuck for that.

I absolutely agree, I'm glad to see the back of her. But it also goes to show just how politically naïve Starmer is. The soft and hard left sharks of the party are already circling after the disasters of this week, and after promising to take "full responsibility" for the failures at the polls, I fear he's just created a convenient martyr for the Momentum types to rally around.

What an inept fucking cunt.

1 minute ago, Decimus said:

I absolutely agree, I'm glad to see the back of her. But it also goes to show just how politically naïve Starmer is. The soft and hard left sharks of the party are already circling after the disasters of this week, and after promising to take "full responsibility" for the failures at the polls, I fear he's just created a convenient martyr for the Momentum types to rally around.

What an inept fucking cunt.

You may be right. There is a shortage of heavyweight gravitas in the Labour Party...all the bruisers have gone or are “ personi non grata”

6 minutes ago, Decimus said:

I had some minor activity in a union role a few years ago whilst I was still fuelled by youthful idealism and memories of student protests and marches. Unfortunately, I became disillusioned far quicker than you, and my impact by the end of my time was negligible. 

My particular union whilst making all the right noises, did next to nothing in my 12 years of membership to combat any of the major changes that detrimentally affected its members. We had reorganisations, pay scale regradings, a final salary pension changed to a career average, and most recently our redundancy multiplier was almost halved.

Old hats will still tell new members of staff to join the Union "just in case you need them", but myself and an increasing number of others have withdrawn completely, and membership appears to be falling in new members of staff, too. The sad fact is, regardless of whether you need them or not, they are largely toothless in 21st century Britain.

I as never under any real illusion about it but I still feel that unions can play an important role in protecting the powerless, they've certainly advised and helped me a few times. A sort of AA for life.

I was involved in the promotion of nationally recognised qualifications that didn't tie semi-skilled workers to one employer. I thought that was worthwhile.

46 minutes ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

It's probably fun being poor, if you can go home when you get bored with it. It's not the same when you don't know here the next meal's coming from.

You'll never live like common people, 
You'll never do whatever common people do, 
You'll never fail like common people, 
You'll never watch your life slide out of view, 
And you dance and drink and screw, 
Because there's nothing else to do.

1 minute ago, Cuntybaws said:

You'll never live like common people, 
You'll never do whatever common people do, 
You'll never fail like common people, 
You'll never watch your life slide out of view, 
And you dance and drink and screw, 
Because there's nothing else to do.

“Well, I can’t see anyone else laughing”

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

Angela Rayner sacked. Thank fuck for that.

Her Twitter, 2 days ago:

"As polls close I want to thank all of our fantastic candidates and activists who have worked so hard in the most difficult circumstances during this campaign. Our party always has been - and always will be - a movement built on people coming together to fight for a better world."

LOL

15 minutes ago, Decimus said:

My heart bleeds. The vast majority in the private sector have to put up with 5% from their employer and the rest is on them, with zero guarantee that it will be worth a fucking thing should the stock market go tits up just before they retire. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cuntybaws said:

Her Twitter, 2 days ago:

"As polls close I want to thank all of our fantastic candidates and activists who have worked so hard in the most difficult circumstances during this campaign. Our party always has been - and always will be - a movement built on people coming together to fight for a better world."

LOL

What's going on up the road, Bawsey? I haven't bothered to keep an eye on anything north of Hartlepool this time round. Has Wee Jimmy got a landslide majority?

Just now, Decimus said:

What's going on up the road, Bawsey? I haven't bothered to keep an eye on anything north of Hartlepool this time round. Has Wee Jimmy got a landslide majority?

I don't understand the voting system. It currently looks like SNP 63, others 45, but a tranche of seats then get awarded based on some list system which might or might not be based around second preferences or some such shit, I don't know. It's a fucking joke of a Parliament, and they'll never get another referendum approved even if the SNP won all the seats, so all largely irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Goober said:

My heart bleeds. The vast majority in the private sector have to put up with 5% from their employer and the rest is on them, with zero guarantee that it will be worth a fucking thing should the stock market go tits up just before they retire. 

Very true, but with the risks come the benefits. I've never had a "bonus" and although this is a just I guess, I imagine that the salary for equivalent or similar roles are higher in the private sector on average than they are in the public. 

4 hours ago, Dawn Chorus said:

I am seeing the outrage from the psuedo working class (actually middle class) cunts on twatter .. I have told some of them that they are disconnected from the people labour is supposed to represent but thay call me a right wing bigot. The cause is lost. TBH I suspect that few of the working class ethnics are voting for labour or even the LibDems.

That figures.

Labour thinks 'Twitter' is 'The British Public' and not a bunch of cunts, with too much time on their hands, re-enforcing their great opinions of themselves or conducting a witch hunt against anyone who courts a 'bad prejudice'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Very true, but with the risks come the benefits. I've never had a "bonus" and although this is a just I guess, I imagine that the salary for equivalent or similar roles are higher in the private sector on average than they are in the public. 

That certainly used to be the case, but the differentials have been greatly eroded over the last couple of decades. A good final salary pension is increasingly rare too, and still well worth having.

On a related note, my self-managed pension pot grew by almost 20% last year (despite, or perhaps because of Covid) and my bonus would have made the much-missed Monumental Cunt blush. I still wouldn't get into punkape's golf club, though.

4 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Yes, that's true. However, I'm seeing more and more companies revert to what is essentially government minimum salary contribution these days and refer to it as "generous" because they base it on whole salary rather than qualified earnings. In this day and age those on median incomes are going to be fucked in old age because they can't afford to set aside the 20% of salary that would grant a decent pension as they are paying ridiculously huge mortgages on 2 bed terraces. Any pension based on salary, final or average, is infinity better than what's on offer in the vast majority of the private sector. 

4 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

That certainly used to be the case, but the differentials have been greatly eroded over the last couple of decades. A good final salary pension is increasingly rare too, and still well worth having.

On a related note, my self-managed pension pot grew by almost 20% last year (despite, or perhaps because of Covid) and my bonus would have made the much-missed Monumental Cunt blush. I still wouldn't get into punkape's golf club, though.

Arsehole not sufficiently capacious? 

25 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Her Twitter, 2 days ago:

LOL

The party's over love, and whilst there's probably one last bottle of Gevrey Chambertin left, the beer ran out years ago

4 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I think the Labour party should continue, but they need to get back to their roots.  It's important that we have another party who can hold the conservatives to account, but Labour need to ditch all the woke nonsense  if they want to be taken seriously.  

Their roots are in the thick, deeply racist northern scum that still exist in their millions. If they want their votes they’ll have be a cross between pol pot, Lenin and the EDL

23 minutes ago, Decimus said:

That’s true.

11 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

I'd never get the semi-automatic past the metal detectors.

The other members manage perfectly well to get a semi into the clubhouse during their few hours away from the wife of convenience at the weekend. 

1 hour ago, Dawn Chorus said:

What's happened to Harold?

Who gives a fuck and why do you even need to bring it up you dull tosser? Why even mention that this Spack hasn’t posted for a while- he’s an even bigger cunt that you and this place is a million times better without the little prick

Unless you’ve anything funny to say or actually continues the debate, fucking shut it