CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Another Feelgood gone.

scotty

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

RIP Wilko Johnson.

He had a decent run, given his diagnosis of late stage pancreatic cancer nine years ago. But his death still saddens me, Stupidity was the first live album I ever bought and I still regularly play it now.

Did you know he was in Game Of Thrones? He played a monk I think.

3 hours ago, scotty said:

RIP Wilko Johnson.

He had a decent run, given his diagnosis of late stage pancreatic cancer nine years ago. But his death still saddens me, Stupidity was the first live album I ever bought and I still regularly play it now.

Scotty, missed you, didn't see you around for ages and feared the worse. Anyways, haven't got a clue who this guy is, but I'm glad he's dead.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Saw them back in '80

Wilko left Dr F in about '75 and didn't really do much else of any interest until the Daltrey collab. He used to crop up in the afternoon at festivals. The last time I saw him was at the Bulldog Bash and they were crap.

He was basically Mick Green, on acid, with a psycopathic stare, The Feelgoods were about as good as live Rock has ever got.

Just now, Hammer of Cunts said:

Wilko left Dr F in about '75 and didn't really do much else of any interest until the Daltrey collab. He used to crop up in the afternoon at festivals. The last time I saw him was at the Bulldog Bash and they were crap.

He was basically Mick Green, on acid, with a psycopathic stare, The Feelgoods were about as good as live Rock has ever got.

Patched over?

1 minute ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

Wilko left Dr F in about '75 and didn't really do much else of any interest until the Daltrey collab.

I can't agree with that. He did some terrific stuff with his own band, not least of which was this superb chunk of R and B powerchord bliss...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

Gypie Mayo was in the band. He's gone as well. 

3 minutes ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

No, but he had a row on stage with a couple of HAs.

Over the years, I’ve had a few of them try and tell me that ‘they’ were providing security and not me, notably at the Marquee when ‘Dumpy’s Rusty Nuts were performing. I was quite young and slightly intimidated at the time. The 3 off duty paratroopers I was shadowing didn’t seem intimidated though, especially when they were dragging them out to the pavement by their feet.

1 hour ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

Anyways, haven't got a clue who this guy is, but I'm glad he's dead.

To be honest, but for being absolutely fucking terrified of him as a child, neither would I.

My old man used to have a VHS tape of Ian Dury and The Blockheads live at the Hammersmith Odeon. Whenever he was pissed it would come out, purely to point out ad fucking nauseam that you could see him and my uncle several times in the audience.

At some point in the concert, the spazzy cunt with the Beadle arm introduces this Wilko Johnson on to stage. Fuck me, as a six year old it was absolutely terrifying, wild eyed, gurning and going absolutely fucking apeshit. 

Fair play to him though, I never forgot him.

7 minutes ago, Decimus said:

To be honest, but for being absolutely fucking terrified of him as a child, neither would I.

My old man used to have a VHS tape of Ian Dury and The Blockheads live at the Hammersmith Odeon. Whenever he was pissed it would come out, purely to point out ad fucking nauseam that you could see him and my uncle several times in the audience.

At some point in the concert, the spazzy cunt with the Beadle arm introduces this Wilko Johnson on to stage. Fuck me, as a six year old it was absolutely terrifying, wild eyed, gurning and going absolutely fucking apeshit. 

Coincidentally, we saw the Blockheads at Portsmouth Guildhall on Sunday night, supported by the current incarnation of Dr Feelgood.

Quite a few of the Blockheads original line up are still going, Chaz Jankel, Micky Gallagher, John Turnbull and Norman Watt Roy among them.

14 minutes ago, Decimus said:

23 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Over the years, I’ve had a few of them try and tell me that ‘they’ were providing security and not me, notably at the Marquee when ‘Dumpy’s Rusty Nuts were performing. I was quite young and slightly intimidated at the time. The 3 off duty paratroopers I was shadowing didn’t seem intimidated though, especially when they were dragging them out to the pavement by their feet.

I think it's different when it's their gig and practically every Angel in Europe is there. They rely on strength in numbers.

They used to put on a good show though. No-one who's seen the full Rockbitch show could deny.

1 hour ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I only found out an hour ago. Came in from work, got changed and put my Feelgoods t-shirt on and then heard this. 

Saw them back in '80 at Bentley's near Southend and at some dive in Romford

RIP Wilko

What will happen to all his shops now?