CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The return of Friends

Guest MikeD

2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Yes, well I suppose it looks cool to knock a popular programme and sometimes Friends did have a certain smugness against other more visceral and gritty comedy. It was however a product of its time and was a well crafted and written character-led sitcom.

It's not about being "cool",it's about slagging off the pretentious made up world shite. Stick a Sex and the City DVD on,you'll feel better.

59 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

29 minutes ago, nocti said:

Didn't he say he'd smash your granny out? I'm confused either way in all honesty, but I don't like to fuck about when it comes to euphemisms.

If you want a euphemism I'll give you one!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nocti said:

Exactly Decs, that's because you're among the last of the true gentlemen.

Consider me educated. "Smashing The Granny" is defined as thus...

Indication that a gentleman has given a vigorous and enthusiastic pounding to a consenting female. This practice often results in ruptions of internal organs and rendering the subject crippled for several days, almost like your Gran. To Smash the Granny you do not need to be fussy. The granny can be smashed out of all of the mainstream orifices including the less popular but equally effective belly button smashing, reserved for ladies of a larger volume.

"Tigger found walking, and day to day activities challenging and painful after Christopher Robin smashed the granny out of his ring piece (Extract from 'Winnie the Pooh - Can honey be used as lube? -

"What-ho Jeeves. How are we going to get ourselves out of this pickle"? Asked Wooster, trying to tie his dicky but not having any luck. "If I can be so bold sir" replied the sagely butler "I took the liberty of paying a visit to Frau Braun, and giving her such a seeing to, that I smashed the granny out her lady's dicky. To wit; her twat"! (Extract from Heil Hitler Jeeves! - Penguin books 1938).

Absolutely it is, but punters are allowed to disagree, no?

Absolutely.

But the "looks cool to knock" part seemed to be a bit of a dig at everyone.

Or maybe I'm just being too sensitive, I am quite delicate at times.

You bunch of bastards.

40 minutes ago, Snatch said:

It's not about being "cool",it's about slagging off the pretentious made up world shite. Stick a Sex and the City DVD on,you'll feel better.

Hardly pretentious, is it? More worryingly you say it's made up, say it aint so Snatch.

45 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Maybe Roops will reconsider my offer now you have so eloquently described what granny smashing involves. If she still declines, the only logical conclusion to make is that she's a lesbian.

Hmmm, tried it once and stuck with solids ever since, but I digress. The other logical explanation could be that you once intimated that you were only "good for five minutes", whether that is due to er....youthful over-exuberance or some sort of age-related erectile dysfunction I wouldn't like to speculate, whatever, it would be more satisfying to do myself.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Hardly pretentious, is it? More worryingly you say it's made up, say it aint so Snatch.

Hmmm, tried it once and stuck with solids ever since, but I digress. The other logical explanation could be that you once intimated that you were only "good for five minutes", whether that is due to er....youthful over-exuberance or some sort of age-related erectile dysfunction I wouldn't like to speculate, whatever, it would be more satisfying to do myself.

Holy fuck, he did it five times?

14 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I don't mind you playing hard to get, but no one likes a tease.

I'll put you down as a maybe.

I wasn't a fan of Friends. I found their cutesy American bubblegum, apple pie, "Gee that's neat" ways intensely fucking annoying.

I would have gladly subjected Ross, Joey and Chandler to various torture methods from around the world, while Rachel, Monica and Phoebe would be in my dungeon for other things...

But no one can deny that it was well written and mostly quite funny. That said, it's of it's time and has probably dated rather badly.

5 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Yes, well I suppose it looks cool to knock a popular programme and sometimes Friends did have a certain smugness against other more visceral and gritty comedy. It was however a product of its time and was a well crafted and written character-led sitcom.

Not a patch on the ' big bang theory '

Guest luke swarm

all American "comedy" is trite and repetitive.......the current shite is dismal and very shirtlifter top heavy.........however that Judge Judy Show is excellent comedy......they have different actors each week so its a good opportunity for new people to break into comedy.

It is also true that most Murricans do not get British Comedy......its only now after many decades that Monty Python is beginning to being appreciated........they also have a habit of taking a brit classic and trying to recreate it with disastrous consequences ie The Office ,Porridge, Dads Army and countless others.

Yank humour is a bit of a misnomer and the only ones that I think they got right was the naked gun type stuff and blues brothers. 

You obviously like it but then again you don't do humour do you.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Monty python is pile of fucking shit, the goonies another over rated load of wank. The two Ronnies fucking boring dross, unlike, frasier funny, cheers funny, the big bang theory funny. Americans can do comedy and do it well.

Look at their attempt to "Democratise" these Middle Eastern Countries. Thats a fucking laugh if anything.

Just now, Snatch said:

Look at their attempt to "Democratise" these Middle Eastern Countries. Thats a fucking laugh if anything.

Simpsons, Seinfeld, family guy , southpark, all quality shows snatch. The middle east is a joke , fucking refugees my arse, the ultra oil rich middle east has not offered any help with the crisis, only turkey has stepped up. 

38 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Monty python is pile of fucking shit, the goons another over rated load of wank. The two Ronnies fucking boring dross, unlike, frasier funny, cheers funny, the big bang theory funny. Americans can do comedy and do it well.

I'm with you on that one. Especially the Goons, that Milligan cunt must be one of the least funny bastards ever to draw breath.

58 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Monty python is pile of fucking shit, the goons another over rated load of wank. The two Ronnies fucking boring dross, unlike, frasier funny, cheers funny, the big bang theory funny. Americans can do comedy and do it well.

You seen Curb your enthusiasm and The Larry Sanders Show? Brilliant both of them. The former is actually ad libbed.

Monty Python is not shit. A bit hit and miss I admit, but it's not shit. Life of Brian...

I know nothing about the Goons and have never seen anything remotely funny on TV from Milligan. However, as a child, I loved his writing, so you can fuck off to the Ning Nang Nong.

1 hour ago, Decimus said:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is absolutely fucking amazing. I always had an aversion to American comedy because of the likes of Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond, but this is quality. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Fuck yes, I've seen that! Brilliant stuff but the episodes with Danny de Vito in them are fucking outstanding.